Billie&Sanjay

Moderator: Mods

AJPeter

Re: Billie&Sanjay

Post by AJPeter »

Good for Ms Sanjay Billie gets jealous when I talk on phone. She has ripped away the cloth covering the bottom of my swivel recliner chair and when l tilted it to clean underneath I could there is nothing inside that can hurt her if she does go inside. But also I discovered that by opening the flap to recline the chair she is in full view and she hates it! I do like it when she plays with the homemade toys. I just do not know why but she is scratching my carpet and chewing my slippers, is she bored, or just bloody minded?
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

If you like cooking here is a lovely desert l have not eaten for 30 years, Mother used to cook Hunters Pudding.
1 small cup S/R flour
1 small cup sugar
1 Small cup raisons
1 small cup of sultanas
1 small cup of mixed fruit
1/2 cup of Asoria suet
1 small cup of milk
3 eggs.

Turn on oven to 190 - 200. Butter oven proof dish, mix dry ingredients, add beaten eggs and milk pour into prepared dish. bake 1 hour, serve sprinkled with castor sugar and custard. Delicious hot or cold, very filling! My mouth is already watering.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

It sounds lovely, but I'd have to omit mixed fruit as I cannot stand mixed peel. Just as I'd decided to go back to weightwatchers meals!.
I gave the cage it's Saturday clean, and I was right, by using p off daily, it was much easier to clean. However, I found a screw on the floor afterwards, and cannot fathom where it came from or why, I will look tomorrow in daylight, if we get any!, it's been gloomy today.
Ms Sanjay sat on the door all through, alternating between crouching and clucking to be petted, and trying to mob me!, fickle little friend.
Billie is maybe going on an instinct to dig and chew a nest?, I haven't experience to go on I'm afraid. ^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

She made such a mess l used the hand held sweeper and when l turned the chair over l found she had ripped all the curtain off the bottom of the chair and l could see that is she did go inside there was nothing to hurt her and no way could she get trapped, in fact when l reclined the chair a flap opens in front and her space is no longer private and she moves away. That screw might be off the seed catcher, l found one last week. Bang goes your diet here comes another recipe I have not tasted for 40 years. A can of cold evaporated milk, whisked so a fork will stand up in it, 4 bananas peeled and mashed 4 oz Castor sugar blended in. Place in sundae glasses about a cm from top and blend in slowly the whipped evaporated milk serve immediately
I do not do any cooking now a days.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

That sounds lovely!, and no cooking required as such, I like my bananas lovely and ripe, can't stand them hard and tasteless.
No, it's not the seed catcher, too big. But the cage isn't in any danger of falling to bits without it, yet!. Plus I would have found a bolt?.
Ms Sanjay is having her pre bedtime nosh, always tanks up before asking to be covered. :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Yes it should have been ripe bananas. There is a hole to the left and above the door so I screwed in the spare bolt, I cannot remember any screws are you sure it is not yours :)) ? Help there is something crawling up my leg, oh its only Billie, she has taken to scratching the carpet and gets quite upset when l clear it up, is this nesting material, I ask myself. I have reduced the amount of seeds l give her down to 1 tbsp of seeds , 1 tbsp. Kaytee exact, and two tbsp. of sprouting seeds., she is eating more veg and fruit. She likes pear, that goes first. The extra large pomegranates ASDA sell she does not like and so after hanging a quarter up for a couple of days, l eat the seeds myself!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Ms Sanjay can take or leave pomegranate, strange, because he normally goes daft for seedy foods.
My cousin has sent pdf files, censuses and certificates etc, now I have to figure a way to get my tablet to communicate with the printer, I still haven't perused the instruction manual that came with the printer, Or, I might pay Rymans in the High St to print them off. Boots did a lovely job on the old photos.
I still can't see where the screw came from, I will wait until next Saturday, when I remove the back curtain, to check properly. It's a good job I still have the Allen key. It's very windy outside, I'm not looking forward to shopping tomorrow, the wind sometimes gives me a headache.
Ms Sanjay was more affable today, tickles etc but No mobbing :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie goes through stages too, but sits under my swivel recliner for hours at a time, she gets quite cold, l dashed down to Brum this morning to check at the computer shop whether DVD slide should automatically come out and the answer is no, l also looked in Sparks to see if they had any cheap sweetener's and they did not have any! I had a quick look in Poundland marvelled at the new trams going down Corporation Street, discovered some of my favourite shops had disappeared and came home in the rain. Billie was sitting on the top perch waiting for me which was rather sweet! Its nice and warm in here, Billie is sitting on the table having a nap her head is resting on an old perch, She is behaving very peculiar these days l might have to phone the vet, at least she is not so hormonal and has stopped wanting to rub her vent on me.
You will have to wear a head scarf, years ago when l worked in the London Textile Wholesaler I was first man in the Ladies Knitwear and the buyer allowed me to run the Scarf department, we bought Chiffon squares for 17 shillings (85p) and sold them for 18/6d a dozen but when Courtalds took us over their accountant made me offer them to the retail trade for 21/6 a doz, but the big stores would buy our knitwear only if the Chiffon squares were cheaper than our competitors! The idiot.
Billie has just fallen off the table asleep, now she wants me to play with her, and is biting my slippers have to go. :ympeace:
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

No peace for the wicked, eh?
It wasn't too bad outside, we even had sunshine, but had hailstones after I got home. The only times I've been to Brum, was for Crufts at the NEC, it was an awfully long journey!, but when the dogs qualified for Crufts, wild horses wouldn't keep us away.
Bedford changes all the time, shops closing and new ones opening etc, I remembered Ms Sanjays tinned Lychees this time, I forgot them last week, big juicy ones, no stones, and I rinse the syrup off thoroughly.
Oh goodness!, have you heard the latest about Ian Huntley?, the Yorkshire ripper has been bullying him because he murdered children, so Huntley wants a sex change so he can go to a female prison, where He Thinks he will be safe, safe? In a jail full of mums?, :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Their Crimes are too horrible to talk about, but it will do them good to rot in jail l hope no one kills them they should suffer for years and years like Ian Brady. I thought your were going shopping tomorrow. Some how today put my knee out it is very painful and tomorrow is my shopping day.
Billie is rather docile today, rather cold tonight.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

It's chillikins here tonight, its horrible when you "twinge" a knee, have you taken Ibrufen?, I find anti inflammatories good for that sort of thing, I agree with you, let them live in fear,
Ms Sanjay has taken to ringing his bell after being covered!,, just a short burst, goodness knows what goes on in those little birdy brains of theirs! :ymdaydream:
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie has a one track mind, l keep telling her that if you fly to the floor you will go back in, and yes she understands and sits on m arm but then after a cuddle she flies to the floor, she wants to scratch the carpet l am sure she is making a nest and probably might lay again so l shall to be cruel to be kind to me. After Billie is covered she likes a little play and chases her babble ball around and even climbs up and bangs her bell and the babble ball hanging up. Every time l look at her she asks very nicely 'Can l come out?' and the answer is not if you are going on the floor!
Had a nasty accident yesterday l dropped my tablet with a USB in the drive and it bent the USB stub, but l phoned Curry's knowhow and they help me transfer all those file to another USB and now l have backed that up too and today l bought some more USB stubs. How is your printer? Mine turns on the light on but l have not dared print anything yet just in case it does not work.
Its not so much a twinge but a bang, might be Bursitis or inflammation, l am taking Ibrufen and rubbing Voltoarol in it seems a lot better today.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

When I was misdiagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, I was put on prescription strength Diclofenac (Voltarol) tablets, it was amazing, I could really shift without pain, but just four months later I had to come off them because they "poisoned" my liver, it's a strange liver, it didn't like Amytriptiline either, but I can't argue with it's effectiveness.
Nasty cold and windy day here, but my beautiful "Remembrance" crocuses are starting to flower, deep purple. I honestly haven't attempted anything with daddi's printer, but I have cloud print on my Asus tablet, so in theory it should be ok, once I know how to work it. Give Billie her due, she's nothing if not persistent! :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Spent two hours this after noon in the cold trying to connect my printer wirelessly but no, so used a USB cable okay now. :D Billie has tried everything to get under my chair and do some more scraping but each time I lifted her back on a perch until the last time when she ran away form the perch! She was very upset all day giving her babble ball a bashing. No papaya in Asda, and walked there gently came back by bus. Pretty cold in here 56 f. Had the furnace on earlier.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Furnace?, my German landlady had a huge coke fed one in her cellar, which heated the radiators etc. I always walk into town and bus home, it's just enough exercise for me, very cold and sleeting out, but March comes in like a lion etc, And the Blackthorn flowered early, so I half expected a cold snap. No bell ringing at bed time for a change, :-c
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

The furnace is a gas wall heater that gets very hot, in the bedroom. Billie is getting very wary of the perch which I use to pick her up from the floor, l keep telling her "NO!" You cannot go on the floor, and when does back in the cage! I am determined she will go not under my chair and scratch the carpet as l am sure she is nest making. She is very angry banging her bell and babble ball and cuttle fish bone she is making a lot of noise. I keep on letting her out for a cuddle but she is determined to go on the floor. I don't want to use positive reinforcement so l shall have to be patient. She went away yesterday at 4 pm because l wanted to get my printer on line, but l had to settle for a USB connection. :ymapplause:
Like Ms Sanjay she has moods.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Don't they all?, parrots as a species are very fickle, and it is something would be owners need to be told, unlike dogs and cats, where there is no middle ground, they either love you or hate you, parrots change at the flick of a switch.
Another chilly, windy day here, but at least it's dry, Ms Sanjay is having his afternoon siesta, :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I use a spare perch to pick Billie up but she is getting too clever at avoiding it, either she steps over it or pushes it away with her beak, it was 4.30 tonight she wanted to be covered, just as the sun started to go down but l was happy with day. I let her out with the injunction "Not on the floor!" But she had cloth ears. I went for a walk this morning, it was quite nice a little chilly.
Every time l dozed off this afternoon Billie sqwarked!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Well l finally got my printer connected. At least the diagnostic test says it is but l tried to print and nothing happened until l connect the USB! We will have to wait and see. I hate computers but a new computer must be a good cure for Alchemizes or how ever it is spelt. Billie has moved on from masturbating on me but is intent on getting down on my carpet and scratching the pile, l think I is nest making. Every time she flies to the carpet l put her back, l give her three goes and then lock her in for 30 minutes or so. I might be winning because she stands on top of the cage and thinks about flying down. They can be very persistent when they want to be.
Last week l found a shop that does sewing and alteration and l thought of going town to the markets and buying some black out cloth and getting the sewing shop to stitch it up. Must be cheaper than buying it readymade. In order to give Billie 14 hours of sleep l will not get up any earlier, a the moment l arise at 6 am and potter around finally uncovering her at daybreak. :ar!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

It's surprisingly more expensive!, when you can buy cheap flat sheets.
Ok, I sussed the printer, but when I tried printing from my tablet nothing happened, so I had a go at photo copying, the ink head has dried out!, I even tried new ink cartridges. I will see if I can get the pdf files printed in Rymans or Colemans.
Do you watch "Supervet"?, it's or I should say He is brilliant.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Do flat sheets keep the light out? I got fed up with a curtain at the top of the stairs coming adrift so l have pressed that into covering Billie, I moved the cage and started to vacuum the floor and l had a massive colic attack, my mother used to suffer from these she said then l should eat some dry bread to relieve the symptoms so two Rennie's and two dry Ryevita's and a lot of belching the pain abated, it still sore, but l have just had lunch cheese and crackers followed by a fruit salad and yoghurt.
I often think that if you soak an ink cartridge in hot water it might spring back to life, it works for Bic pens, l know if you whack a dead battery it goes for a few more goes, also if you put it on the oven hot plate so it gets hot it works for a little while.
Billie is pacing up and down on a perch because l won't let her out. She flew to the floor, so she has to have a time out. Do you get the Northern Parrots news letter? They have a blog site too. I think l have recorded Super vet. I finally got my printer connected to the wi-fi but it refuses to work l have look at my command "Print" Maybe l have to shout louder. Watching bargain hunt now as l type, no walk today it is too wet. Billie's cage is back on the other side of the room evert rime l look up l can see her.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

That is the exact same problem with my printer, I put in the string of numbers/letters and connected it, but my tablet "can't locate " it.
Plus the ink head has dried out.
I watch Bargain Hunt too, but it ain't the same without Tim. Today when Ms Sanjay flew down to check out the fresh rations, he landed on my wrist instead of the tray, gave it a quick "kiss; then flew across and waited on top of the cage door. Well, it looks as though Billie has definitely stopped laying, :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Don't speak too soon, when ever she can she flies down to the carpet and starts scratching, is she nest building? Will eggs follow. I try and stop her and she is beginning to understand l do not want her on the carpet. It is the producers who are to blame look at what happened to Top Gear a successful programme and the producer has a row with the presenter and sacks him, presenters are like Prima Donna, their temper tantrums should be ignored . I would like to see these producers sacked instead. Have you made the printer the 'default printer'? I can get my printer to print with the USB connected but not wireless, have you tried a USB cable for connection? I have not tried printing from the laptop.
My friend Anthony used to drag me round the Antique fairs, all the dealers expect one to bargain like mad, but l hate bargaining, if the price which was is okay and I want it, I buy it, there is an Antique Dealer in Henley-in-Arden Which a favourite hunting ground of his, after his death I went back and bought a plate there for £85 grossly inflated but l paid it, but l have never been back.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I'm not sure a USB would work with a tablet, anyway, the ink head is dried out, I looked on line and Rymans print pdf files quite cheaply.
Big cage clean accomplished, the ease of cleaning after that huge cage is phenomminal. Lovely spring sunshine today, my tulips and wallflowers have flower buds, it will soon be the Vernal Equinox, I sent you an e mail earlier, hope you got it ok. An old lady whose Cavalier King Charles was bathed and trimmed by me, left me a beautiful cranberry etched rose bowl when she died, daddi accidentally smashed it, sigh, her home was full of antiques, she also asked us to give "joy" a home, but her sister had Joy put down before we even knew the old lady had died, ^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I can send a wireless message from my laptop to my computer but it wont print unless the USB lead is plugged in and as soon as l plugged the USB lead in the printer printed the message! I ran a diagnostic check and that reported my printer connected wireless to my hub but can l make the little beast print?!? No way. I pushed the WPS button on the hub to get connected. I also phoned Virgin, they helped me get my laptop connected but when l asked for help for this computer they wanted me to sign up for a support package £5 a month and a £30 connection charge! No way hosea. This morning l discovered what caused my colic attack the milk was off! On the plastic bottle it says use by March 16, but when l poured it onto my oats this morning it came out curdled it was a pain because l used up the last of my flame raisins so l had to wash them before l could use them again. It is nearly time (of the year) to start using Muesli and l had a look and some l had left over from last year did not look too healthy so l put it out for the birds. It was very warm last night, l might take off the winceyette sheet and put on a plain cotton one, also tried taking off my long johns but it was a bit drafty around the nether region so l put them back on again. Lovely stew and rice tonight very filling, weird music on Classic FM I may have got your earlier email l replied to one lunch time. Typical sister! I have one just like that, but I last wrote in 1997 and she still has not replied! :-??
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The old lady should have put it in her will, ok, the dog was elderly, but she still enjoyed life.
I haven't received your reply as yet, and I checked spam just in case. I don't eat Muesli, but then I cannot stomach breakfast full stop, even as a child, my step mother used to try and force me to eat it. I have soya milk, when I have milk, it doesn't go off, it just turns into tofu if you don't give it a really good shake, I've given it to workmen and visitors in their tea or coffee, and not one could tell the difference. It makes a lovely milk pud too. I've just hard boiled an egg for Ms Sanjay tomorrow, as I was having a boiled egg for tea, it's just a matter of boiling one extra and leaving it longer, :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I have just seen your kind offer and sent a reply. It crossed in the post. Lucky Sanjay, Billie does not get such luxuries, she is an absolute pain on the floor. I wanted to have my dinner early tonight so she was put away at 4 pm. I will go to bed at 8 pm and I get up at 5.30am but potter for ages before l uncover her.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Aren't you the lucky one!, as soon as Ms Sanjay hears me come through from the wet room he starts ringing his bell and setting babble ball into conniptions!, more later ...... :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie is not very vocal in the mornings but as l come into the LR l can hear her creeping about, and as the covers come off she is on the bottom of the cage guarding the crown jewels! Going to church this morning and l got half way and realized had not brought my reading glasses and went back to fetch thinking the rain had stopped for the day l did not take my umbrella, but after setting off it started to rain again so l had to go back to fetch it.
And l was so busy talking l left my reading glasses in the church, and as l was about to go upstairs l remembered l had them in the organ and had to go back for them. Then when l got back to the bus stop not a bus in sight l waited three minutes after it was due and walked up the hill, half way l could hear the bus coming up. Typical! So it was nearly 2 pm when l got my lunch. I played with Billie on the floor by dangling a toy on the end of a stick, first on one side and then on the other she was dashing back and forth. I was more tired than her.
She has just told me it is time she wants to be covered, not having a watch she measures time by the sun light moving across the window. Now she is reinforcing her demands by standing on the sleeping perch cheeping. B-) I wish some one would invent bird body odour spray, it is 10 days since her last bath. I keep offering her a bath, "The water is lovely and warm ," I tell her, and splash her but the look she gives has to be seen to be believed. :))
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Dirty Mc Squirty!, Ms Sanjay asks for the squirts once a week, usually just before the big clean on Saturdays, my Fischer Lovebirds had their bath on big clean day too.
Have you read the recent post "Help, my bird layed (sic) an egg" ?, the lady has more questions only you can answer. I got back from the corner shop just in time, it thrashed down, the sun soon followed tho', our Sunday buses run every hour on Sundays, which is a pain. Ms Sanjay has afternoon siestas but doesn't ask to be covered until 8pm. :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I wish Billie would keep later hours it is not that she goes to sleep straight away but bang around for s little while but l must admit when l say Goodnight it is all quiet in there. Sometime during the night l can hear her banging the babble ball. l hate to think what the neighbours make of it.
They are quiet all day until 3 pm when they sort of wake up, and then l can hear them talking in the evening until about 1 am when move around banging doors calling to each other until about 2 am when it goes all quiet. I hate to think what Billie makes of it!
Did l tell you that our communal washing machine can take loads of 6 lbs. Most tenants here have their own washing machine so l usually get my washing in without waiting too long.
Best meal of the week tonight Shepherds pie, very filling. Tomorrow it will be a bacon burger and chips and then Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/
Friday it is boring steamed vegs and a quarter can of corned beef! 3 Days of heaven and 4 days of hell. I will check out the lady with egg problems
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I have a weightwatchers fish pie, it has veg too, 3 for a fiver in Iceland, I've already lost 3lbs this week, one coffee in the morning (black) and water the rest of the day. I also buy sandwich thins instead of bread, 99calls each, and the pocket toasties are yummy too.
I will dig out my tablet shortly, b-(
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Dieting is easy, but when you get down to your desired weight keep it off is really hard. I am struggling 12 stone 4 was my best but last week it was 12 12, 38 " Waist is not too bad, Was 52"! Don't over do it, I have just thought that instead of grabbing Billie and trying to weigh her on the kitchen scales if l hold her and step up on the bathroom scales it will; weigh both of us. How ever I weighed her in January and she was 277 grams about normal.
She is about the size of a blackbird.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

When daddi weighed the dogs, he'd pick them up and step on the scales, then deduct his weight, I knew when they had gained weight, when I struggled to lift them on to the grooming table!, or into the bath tub.
Ms Sanjay is more thrush than blackbird, I got a nip today because I wasn't putting his fresh rations in quickly enough!, cage rage!. It didn't hurt too much, and wouldn't have hurt at all if Id been wearing sleeves.
I pottered in the garden, filled my half barrel, and put my pot of King Cups in, they flower early, but sadly, only once, I brought them back from the Queens gardens at Windsor three years ago, my miniature tulips in the window boxes look like little candle flames, pointed, and yellow with reddish streaks. :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

At Dorothy Gardens they are maintained for us basically the grass is cut, shrubs pruned, but the gardeners do not plant any bulbs, walking around the park shrubs are flowering, the daffs are out and somebody has been and pulled them out and just dumped the flowers it happens each year especially around the time of mothering Sunday, warm today but a cold wind. Nothing has arrived yet. Keeping my eyes peeled. I think they give us nips without thinking. Billie has been very cross today l won't let her go on the floor. I think Billie has eaten her egg because l put 5 dummy nylon eggs in and l counted those this afternoon. Billie has many different levels of bites from blood to bruise. She bite through my fleece jumper. Well l have had dinner 500 calories, who cares? And she is all covered.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

When we first moved in, many years ago, the front garden was a mess, the guy only ever cut the grass out back and trimmed the shrubbery out back, so tentatively I began with window boxes, then hanging baskets, then adopted the border, the neighbourhood officer came one day and was over the moon, she even had the cheek to ask us to do next doors, No Way Jose!, I can see my garden from both kitchen and sitting room windows.
Frustrating news about Billie, I think it's a good idea to make her wait in purdah, the fact she had taken to trying to hollow out a nest under your chair, proved the new cage wasn't particularly conducive. b-(
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

The new cage did stop her in her tracks, but she laid two in the new cage. Just have to wait and see what happens. Nothing has come, keep sending.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Ms Sanjay was so pleased today because I came home with Guavas, he rewarded me with priddy toons all afternoon, a tad loud, but priddy. I went into town for Eostre gifts for Jack, Isabel and their mummy, and thought Id have a mooch around the market.
It was a mild day, but damp and miserable, some chancer tried to tap me for a tenner!, a tenner forsooth!, I gave him short shrift!, :ymalien:
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I say "I do not give to beggars". But l must admit to giving an accordion player a fiver for his efforts the other day in town. Billie is really cheese off she wants to get down on the carpet and scratch but I won't let her instead l dangle on of her toys first to the left and then to the right and she chases it down, l am more exhausted than her, but there was no egg this morning which is good. I went this morning to go for a walk but it was drizzly so l went this afternoon instead.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay isn't a floor person, just as well, or he might get ideas too. He is getting quite brazen about letting me know how he feels, I offered my wrist today and he flew at it for a nip, luckily I dodged him!. Another recent trait is impatience, he gets frustrated if his needs aren't met immediately, I tell him patience is a virtue, but he doesn't do patience either! ^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie gets impatient too she bangs her bell and babble ball which hang up together. She wants to come out but is constantly scratching the carpet which l do not think is a good sign. When does come out l get her to chase across the carpet first one way and then the other after a toy on a stick, she sits exhausted and does nor respond its all good exercise. Sounds like Sanjay is getting hormonal watch his diet, No starch, cut back on sweet fruits, by the way Billie really enjoys the sprouts she eats these first, seeds next and maybe a pellet when she fancies one. She is chomping on the cuttlefish bone. Again not a good sign, Its 4 days since the last egg. :ympray: I keep looking up and she is watching the TV!!!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Ms Sanjay? Hormonal?, nope. Not displaying any signs, just typical fickle behaviour.
Big clean tomorrow, where does the time go?, seems like only yesterday it was done. Well, thanks to my weightwatchers meals I lost 2lb the first week, and another two this one, I found calorie free sweeteners, and only have two black coffees a day, water the rest of the time, you wouldn't find weightwatcher meals filling enough, I buy sandwich thins, only 99 cals each, instead of Danish bread, they are more versatile.
Ms Sanjay gets a bit miffed because I don't have much to share! ^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Are you keeping a weight loss Diary? I found recording my weight on commit2lose.com a good way to record my waist and weight weekly, how much are you hoping to lose? 2lbs is excessive I found two oz's a week was a good target. I do my big clean on Fridays, Gosh Billie has gone back into her cage on her own, she scratch when it is dark l covered her with a blanket and she started to scratch, also if I lean my recliner back it opens up the space under the chair and she stops scratching. Weight watchers do a very nice malt bread 99 calories per slice. I only eat a prepared meal on Mondays for a change and sometimes it is a weight watchers meal. Dinner today will be stew and rice, 450 calories. But weekends l have more calories. A daily target is 1500 calories. Some days it is 1400 but weekends more like 1600 calories. The art of losing weight is to keep it off!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

OOps! It should have been Commit2bfit'co.uk sorry :-o :-o
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I've never seen weightwatchers malted, and two pounds a week is exactly right, when I was in the army, I got a dietician friend to write me a diet sheet, it was a "high protein" diet, they call it "the Atkins Diet" nowadays, my aim was to lose a stone in a fortnight, I actually lost Two stone in a week!. I won't do that diet now I'm older because it's hard on the kidneys.
I didn't think a man would find weightwatchers meals filling enough, that you'd.probably need two, because the portions are so tiny.
Anyway, big clean done, now the flat needs a vac and polish, I vac the metal cage tray at the same time. I seem to do more at weekends than during the week, a hangover from when I worked during the week, old habits and all that, :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

If you train the stomach to eat small portions then the Weight Watcher meals are just right. The cage cover has Sky Pet Products embroidered on it but l visited their site and found an awful miss match! Billie is very happy, she is slightly less hormonal every day and today she has spent less time scratching the carpet and more time running around after a toy a I swing back and forth, l get more exhausted then she! I gave my Voyager its weekly clean yesterday. Its a joy not having to wash plastic mats! Billie wont touch the Lychee, I offered her some Lychee seeds on a spoon with Yoghurt she ate the yoghurt and accidentally picked up a lychee seed and spat it out! I covered her with a blanket today immediately she started to scratch the carpet and when she starts to scratch the carpet by my chair l lift the flap to the recliner chair and she stops. Two stone in a week? You must weigh as much as an elephant.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I'm losing 2 Pounds a week, when I enlisted I was two and a half stone overweight and the MO told me to lose the excess. My stepmother only knew how to cook stodge, stodge and more stodge.
Yes, according to Skypets that was supposed to be a Kings (rainforest) cover, suitable for the Voyager.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Sky pets had quite a good range of cages, but I did look too far. Billie has been better behaved these last couple of days she is in her cage noshing first her seed bowl and then the fruit bowl and then back to the seed bowl. What a life! Not out of the woods yet but as each day goes by with out an egg my hopes rise that she had finished laying this year. I am hoping she will moult soon, and l am hoping her tail grows longer, 32 0z is a lot to lose in a week! The quicker it comes the quicker it goes back on be careful.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

It's just a question of staying on approx a thousand cals a day, no more carbs, i.e biscuits, cakes sweets etc. According to my regime two pounds a week is quite acceptable. It will reach a plateau eventually, they always do, besides, I adore salads. Good news about Billie, fingers crossed she has gone off lay, my grandparents in Ulster had a thunder box at the bottom of the garden, to get to it, we had to go through the yard where the Rhode Island hens were, so, if you left things until the last minute and made a dash for it, my grandfather would go ballistic!, "you'll put the hens off lay!", but I don't actually remember that happening, do you think a good scare would put Billie off?, hide behind the curtains and go "boo!" ?, (poor Billie) ^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Boo! Yes poor Billie! She seems better disposed, its just lettering her settle down after the hormones caused all the problems. I kept her locked in while I went to church, but let her out as soon as l got back. Leaving her cage wide open helps her to settle down. How is Sanjay? In spring a young birds fancy turns into dreams of a mate. My downstairs neighbour has got a job! I wondered why she has been so quiet. The flat upstairs next to mine has been repossessed, its now boarded up, nobody has lived in it for years, lets hope the new tenant is nice and quiet.