All registrations must be approved by an admin. Having problems with registration? E-mail us at indianringnecks@gmail.com

Billie&Sanjay

Moderator: Mods

AJPeter

Billie&Sanjay

Post by AJPeter » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:20 am

Okay?

sanjays mummi

Re: Billie&Sanjay

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:59 am

Definitely ok, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:05 am

Where was I? Well a new thread means you have to start again, well not from the beginning. Billie has laid 4 eggs and has two dummies all on the grid, her last egg was laid three days ago, and the egg before that 9 days, 3 were laid over 6 days. Billie loves her new cage she is constantly up and down all day, I bought a swing a couple of years ago and she hated it I hung it from the ceiling and took several photos of her sitting on it but she was scared silly, she never flew to it so I hung it up inside of the cage, and she keeps eyeing it up I feel sure she will sit on it soon.

Since I took the nesting box out she has been looking for a new nest on the floor she has explored the space under two book cases, and got behind the settee, I am worried she might try and climb up into my swivel chair, she has been lifting cables on the floor I yell "NO!" and she drops it, so before I went to church today I disconnected the leads from the mains, also left some snares on the floor in the shape of paper, my reasoning was if she came down and she would want to rip it up thus diverting her attention. I reckon that once she starts sitting on her eggs I would re-introduce the nesting box. But I am glad to say she is not showing any hormonal urges. I am crossing my fingers and toes that she has finished laying.

Lets hope Sweetie is not a female or you might be going through hormonal stages. Billie managed to last out to 3.40 with a little bit of biscuit as a bribe, but even so I have to write my emails wearing headphones with lights switched off, if I don't she squeals her protests!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:30 am

Sanjay (aka Sweetie) is definitely female, I got him at 8 wks old in January of 2010, No coloured collar, furthermore, for four years now, I get the crouching and clucking display when tickles and kisses are required. No eggs, and No interest in laying them, but this is because living conditions have never been ideal or conducive to laying. We've always had large cages with high perches for one thing, and he won't go anywhere near the floors of the cage or the flat. Maybe next year you will see a change in Billie now she has a bigger cage, the fact she is exploring other possible sites in your room certainly suggests it.
This fascination with cables and flexes is annoying, isn't it?, it is an added worry when they are out of cage, like toddlers, you need eyes in the back of your head.
I gave the cage it's thorough clean yesterday, and I wasn't menaced once!, Goodness knows what got into him the other day, the language and threats were terrible!, something got his back up, all I was doing was cleaning bits of passion fruit off the bars. I expect you watched "The Hobbit" yesterday?, I thought of you when I saw it advertised. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:47 am

The desolation of Smaug, and episode 1 I recorded earlier in the year l am waiting for episode three the big battle scene, when l got the Tivoli box l lost my recordings of Lord of the Rings, so it was good see Episode 1 the Fellowship of the Ring come by again but now l am waiting for episodes 2 and 3.

If Sweeties hormones drive her to lay eggs she will over come her fear of the bottom of the cage and floor and become like Billie a pest. I left some bits of paper down on the floor to distract her but either she did not go down when l was out or did and ignored them.

Her eggs are quite safe on the grid but l wish she would sit on them which would signal the end of laying.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:12 am

How old is Billie now? And how old when she began laying?, Sanjay is seven now, and well into sexual maturity, my stepmum had female budgies that Never laid.
I bought a three pack of woven balls from wilko today, and threaded twine through them, he is absolutely engrossed!, exercising beak and little grey cells!. Do you get beggars where you live?, I was approached by a foreigner today, he started telling me a sob story, quite a liturgy, and didn't like it when I said No at his request for money, "spare" change!, what do they mean by "spare"?, there is no such thing!,
We worked hard for years, and they want us to subsidise them, he was way too clean, tidy and well dressed to be homeless, as he claimed to be.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:21 pm

Alan had Billie about 4 years before l got her but l do not know old she was when he got her, l assumed she was about three and that would be about 7 when l got her, she started to lay 6 months later. But Alan only gave her sunflower seeds no fruit no veg.

Billie has been chomping on cuttle fish bone all day, l sprinkle her seeds with crushed oyster shell, and sprinkle another advocet? calcium on her human food vegs and fruit. She has been on the floor l might have sent you a pic also there was a squatter in Billie's cage but l think l sent the photos to Joan in Florida by mistake. I will have a look tomorrow, several times today, and she found some paper under a book case and was shredding that, all the signs of more eggs coming, it has been 6 days since the last egg.

Miss Sanjay will get hormonal and very pally, will want to look for a nest site and nesting material. All you can do is wait ans see if there are more positive signs that Sanjay will lay, perhaps an egg? Maybe she is a late developer?

Billie held out until 4 pm today before being covered. which is a record, I think she wants to be a secret agent and work under cover! :-?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:49 pm

Reminds me of the pet insurance ad, I especially like "my job is hard to explain".
The woven balls were soon demolished!. We had an earlier morning, because it was shopping day, so Ms Sanjay semaphored for the cover half an hour earlier than usual.
I usually sprinkle grit on seed, it contains calcium carbonate which comes from shells, often oyster shell, I gave my juvenile dogs calc carb 6c, the homeopathic equivalent, after they stopped having the calcium and vitamin D tablets.
We kept our bloodlines clear of hip dysplasia with this method. Ok, so will Billie definitely sit on the eggs?, or might she not bother?. ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:16 am

I just do not know what I am doing wrong every time I use the backspace to correct a typo it deletes everything, so I apologise for typos this is the second attempt to answer your email. Billie has shown no interest in her eggs but she is still looking for a nesting site, her preferred spot is between the book case and the sofa, l put a mirror back there and she loves going down at least she is not chewing cables. Tonight it was a sunny evening and she got very agitated as the sun got lower, so l covered her at 3.30 pm. But the good news is she is not laying any more but has been chomping on the cuttle fish bone.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:27 am

That sounds promising. My neighbour from Flat 1, just came to the door with a Fray Bentos steak and kidney pie tin he couldn't open, his tin opener wouldn't work on it, so I used my electric can opener, mind you, he whiffed of three sheets to the wind!. Santa got back today, after months away, maybe his boiler safety check is due.
Anyway, that's enough curtain twitching! (oo'er missus, ooh I say!)
I bought Ms Sanjay one of those wilko hanging things with mineral blocks and bell at the bottom, it must make his jaws ache, because he isn't attempting to chew me or my goods and chattels,
All you can do, is keep an eye on Billie, and if you have to go out, leave her indoors, that way she cannot do anything sneaky in dark corners! b-(

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:44 am

Sneaky? Billie is very upset. If she is on the floor when l go out she flies back to the cage, l very rarely catch her on the floor when l come in. I am only too thankful she is not laying eggs. #:-s

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:47 am

I meant to add that Billie had a mineral block on her cage but she ripped it off and shredded it. I bet it gave her a tummy ache! :((

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:10 pm

The one Ms Sanjay has hangs up. Upset?, Ms Sanjay is sneaky!, waits until I leave the room to chomp naughties, flits to the chandelier when I come back in, and sits with a butter wouldn't melt in my beak, expression! b-(

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:28 am

When l let Billie out she makes a bee line for her favoured nest site, so I have shut her in all day, normally at this time she is moaning like the dickens that she can hear the Telly or see the light but she is very quiet uncovered but I will cover he up in a moment. With 5 eggs it is time to stop l told her , last year she laid 13 and had a prolapse I did everyhing l could to stop her this year l have some new tricks to try.

Lady Sanjay, or Ms Sanjay, l quiet like Ms Sanjay. What naughties?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:41 am

Madam Sanjay?, naughties like chomping my bamboo blind or my wallpaper!, today it was cuddles and tickles, so nothing got chomped, nibbled or noshed behind my back,
Scottish Power sent a voucher for my warm home discount!, I have to take ID with me, what a palaver!. Still, it ain't to be sniffed at.
If Billie is losing wisps, maybe she is starting a moult?, i'm finding the occasional wisp too! :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:38 am

No such luck she has to sit on her eggs for 28 days at least before she goes into moult mode. She was very subdued today, she does not like being locked in, have to keep this up for a week or two just to make sure she has finished laying, another egg and it is the vet for sure! The last three eggs have been laid at long intervals 3 eggs every two days then 15 days and one more egg, then 9 days before another egg and then 7 days to this one.
Besides the vet my next trick will be to take her large mirror out in an attempt to stop her. I am moving her bowls around and l took down the two bamboo trampolines her eggs look all forlorn sitting on the grid.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:26 pm

Aww diddums!, why hasn't she been trying to incubate them?, I thought they never left eggs unattended?.
Hey ho, Ms Sanjay has been as good as gold today, singing songs and honing her beak on the mineral thingy. I read this somewhere, "birds don't sing because they have an answer, they sing because they have a song to sing", it's rather sweet, isn't it? :ympeace:

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:31 am

Billie only sings when she wants something, we had a little biscuit today and l put her bit in the nesting box but she kept singing for her supper to be handed to her in the end she did go down and carried each bit up to a top perch. She is locked in and hates it, l think out of boredom she will sit on her eggs, so we have a war on she won't give in nor will I.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:23 am

Good for you (both)!.
Billie must be completely put out!, but hopefully things will work to plan. Tivo playing up, and I had a letter to say it won't be available on Feb 9th either, because of "upgrading", they never offer a refund do they?, a few quids off the bill to compensate.
Another sing song and affectionate day, and now it's afternoon siesta time, I don't know how he manages to sleep at night, if I have a nap, I have trouble sleeping at night. ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:09 pm

I sleep 10 hours like a log, am very thankful but l wake up every 2 or 3 hours to check the plumbing, I have had a letter too about the upgrade on the 9th, l just switch over to Freeview, why l pay Virgin their outrageous prices beats me Freeview have all the good programmes too. What is this new box V6 they are advertising?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:36 pm

It let's you record umpteen things in one go, who would want to?, imagine sitting through umpteen recordings?, some people have nothing better to do!. My TV could be freeview, but I don't have an ariel for analogue Or a freeview box, I do have a superb collection of DVD's though. I listened to Radio 4 this afternoon, made a change from classic fm (I have a little Bush radio).
Earlier I took my voile curtains down for a wash, and Ms Sanjay watched every move, chatting to me in parrotese, I think he was worried I would fall off my perch!. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:31 am

Billie gets worried when l go out of the room, she knows the sound the door leading out onto the stairs makes as I open it and squawks in alarm, I am very pleased with the new cage there is room for her old sleeping perch between the bars at right angles to the new perches, what with the java branch l put in, she has lots to sit on.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:49 am

Definitely, Ms Sanjay has several perches of varying materials and thicknesses. Today was big clean day, and it's tired him out!, having inspected the cage, and noshed some fresh rations, he's like the proverbial dormouse!.
It's been a lovely sunny day here. Oh, btw, Scarletts parrot essentials have flavoured cuttle bones in packs of three, very reasonably priced too, I might order some. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:41 am

Billie does not like strawberry, but blackberry would be all right. I was a encouraged a little today Billie sat inside her nesting box for one minute this morning. ,and longer this afternoon maybe she is getting round to it. l heard it said that once she starts sitting she has finished laying. Then l wont see her for 28 days. Then comes the molt, only 3 days since the last egg,

Everytime I open the top she flies to the floor, so she is kept inside all day, although l did let her out for some exercise this afternoon.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:55 pm

Well yes, not just exercise, but an opportunity to spruce things up for her. I'm keeping everything crossed that these signs are good. I didn't notice what the flavours were, just the colours. I didn't notice if there was a holder, the plastic clips wilko do are useless. ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:29 am

I weave the millet spray between the bars, as you say the clips are useless. Billie only gets two a week, she has been looking in her nesting box and walking in but no serious sitting, she flies to my chair as an excuse to get to the floor and then she looks for favoured nesting sites on the floor l blocked one with a cushion, but she has sussed out a space under the TV cabinet as second best, I pick her up on a perch if she does not want to step she pushes the stick away. Most of the time l shut her in. However her brief entries into the box are encouraging.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:43 am

Ms Sanjay is moulting, two coloured feathers, no wonder he's been cantankerous!.
I have a millet holder, bought from the superstore in Henlow years ago, it's a cage style one, so he forages.
I've been with Virginmedia since it's inception, ntl before that, I've been told there's a £140 cancellation fee, and they expect you to post the box back to them!, I've no real issues, but I can Never understand their call centre workers in Mumbai or similar. It's the same with my mobile provider.
Well, Trump hasn't disappointed has he?, true to form, I detest racist bigots. :((

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:11 pm

Trump could be good for America, they are different to us. 8 years and what has Obama got to show for it?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:46 pm

What do Any of them have to show for it?, Obama did try to instigate an NHS tho'.
Parrot mag still not in, a problem with the suppliers apparently. Oh the palaver at the PO counter this morning, getting my warm home discount!, she ended up putting it on in stages, oy vey!.
Ms Sanjay was very affable today, more tickles and kisses, I wondered if the onset of moult had made him grumpy, ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:45 am

They have their good days and bad days, its the time of the month thing. Billie has gone 6 days without an egg, and she has been spending more time in the box, just checking they haven't hatched sort of thing/ She said she wanted to be covered at 4 pm but l think she heard me noshing biscuits and demanded to come out and would not go back until she had her ration.

Had a phone call this morning cancelling the fitting of a new front door and frame it has been rescheduled for 10 am Thursday , they seem to think they can pull out the old frame and door out and put a new frame and door in less than an hour. Phew! Where's, my JCB!?!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:09 pm

So they know exactly what size etc they need?, when the door to the main building was replaced a few years ago, he measured up, then went and got a new one, and after fitting it came the new letterbox, then the weather strip, locks and finally paint, One hour?, what planet are they on?.
Still no news of repairs coming out to sort my cold radiator out.
Anyway, I digress, it looks as though Billie is going off the boil, won't be long before you can remove the eggs, I hope, before they start whiffing, I cracked a bad egg once and the dogs went crazy, it smelled just like the Paunch we fed them!.
Sanjays moult is very feeble again, he hasn't had a proper one for ages! x_x

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:39 am

When you say paunch is that a chubb? We sold chubbs in the pet shop, there was so much sulphur in them it nearly knocked out when you opened the chubb, it had sulphur to prolong the shelf life. It is still touch and go with Billie, she was fruity this morning. She quite likes the new cage and sits up until sunset which she used to avoid when the cage was in its old position.
I think when they come tomorrow they will see what a big job it is and come back on a another today. I did mention that l wanted two mortise locks, and said that they had noted this. Won't know until they come tomorrow at 10 am. What your radiator needs is a bloody good kicking! Perhaps Sanjay needs a BGK! They molt when there is more daylight hours.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:49 am

I hope you're not squeamish, Paunch is an entire sheeps/Lambs stomach, complete with contents, the abattoir would mince them for us, they cost nothing, just one drawback, hydatid cysts, (tapeworm eggs) but a couple of Lopatal worming tablets from the vet every couple of months took care of that. They cured picky eaters, and put solid muscle weight on our troupe. As for chubbs, the kennel where I worked fed them to boarders, eww!, cheap and nasty.
Ok, I think it's just the start of Sanjays moult, it's Imbolc tomorrow (first milk) when nature wakes up and lambing begins, it's lovely to have lighter evenings. Great to see a bit of change in Billie, long may it last! :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:42 pm

The Voyager is nearly as big as her first cage so l am hoping her tail will grow back to 15" long, she was a little beast today l gave her a small piece of a biscuit and then offered a small bit of Ryevita Fruit Crunch but she did not want that so l; hid my plate on the floor out of her sight, but when she flew to the floor l let her get on with it but all of a sudden she grabbed one of my biscuits but it was too big to fly off with so she started to eat it on the spot l had to take it away from her. She let me take it without biting me so as a reward l gave her another small piece.
She has been a bit fruity today wanting to masturbate on me which is not a good sign, the last time that happened she laid an egg 8 days ago, if an egg tonight then l shall have to phone the vet. Talking of Kennels l know Chums gave free tins of dog food to all likely winners so that they could say their dogs ate Chums. Clever.
In our pet shop we sold Kiticat tins with a promotion that had run out 3 years ago, people said they preferred tobuy it from us because it was fresher! Our price was 49p a tin, Sainsbury sold it for 29p a tin. We could not buy below 35p. :o3

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:05 pm

Yes, we won boxes of Pedigree Chum at Championship shows, also towels, and messenger bags etc with the P chum logos. But it was fed as a treat (chumalot), the German Shepherds had to be careful what they ate, as a breed they have sensitive tummies, and diarrhoea can be the result.
Billie reminded me of one of the Samoyeds, she'd had her hips x rayed, and the vet told me she wouldn't want food, that her throat would be sore from the tube, we had boneless kippers for tea that evening, guess who snaffled one from my plate?, sore throat?, what sore throat?.
Sanjay isn't a tea leaf, but he does like to suss out what's on my plate, and whether he'd like it! :-!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:37 am

I used to eat my meals with her but she ate all the wrong things so l have to eat in the kitchen! The owner of the pet shop bought a whole load of German dog food, in tins they have very strict rules on the continent about pet food and eat by date, not so us, some of the cans every day would swell up and burst it was not uncommon to find dog food splattered all over the stock room. Reminds of the tie when we had a new cockroach spray and l squirted it under the meat fridge, the next morning there were dozens of cockroaches on their back waving their legs on the shop floor! Worse when customers took down something from a shelf there was a dead cockroach!
I once worked in a clothing credit store as under manager in Peckham Rye London, and tea leaves were called 2/8 and we would shout out 2/8 coming in. In those days l would work a 'front' one of the tables would be pushed out onto the pavement through the open door and merchandise piled on it, we would have to call out our merchandise and attract a crowd. Then we would panic it into a buying frenzy. I would start by holding up some cheap winceyette sheets and say "Feel the width!" Customers would put a deposit on each purchase and 'Pay Off' a small amount each week.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:47 am

Those were the days!, Bosch is the best dog food, it far exceeds Eukanuba, and Bosch dog bickies too, the Germans are very good at pet nutrition.
But paunch is pretty d good, too.
Yes, Billies tail ought to grow nice and long again, why did you get rid of her first cage?. I just love how easy this Voyager is to keep clean, despite Ms Sanjays best efforts!, I hope Billie has stopped laying?, ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:32 am

Day 10 with no egg and keeping our fingers crossed, Friday next week l can breathe safely, but she is not sitting on her eggs which is a bit of a worry, once she does it will be all over. The first cage had no wheels and was falling apart, it was how ever green. with a domed top, and it had a seed bowl with door high up. The next cage was quite small. but had wheels and with a plastic tray was easy to clean but the Voyager is splendid, cleaned it today took the tray out first Billie was a bit upset when the floor fell away, but I gave it a good wash, and relined it with newspapers and slid it back in. Then l took the grid out and put her box on the tray the grid was easy to clean, Poop-Off is really very good at softening pooh, she was watching me closely, and was pleased when all the work was done. I am very pleased l bought the Voyager.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:44 pm

We have got what we paid for, good quality, and an easier life, keeping pets shouldn't be a chore,
It's a thorough clean tomorrow, but every day it gets a clean, I just don't strip everything out.
The newspaper on top of the grid keeps all the mess, I just roll it up, chuck it in the bin and put fresh paper down, so I don't need "poop off". Ms Sanjay "goes" just before she comes out to play, and doesn't "go" again until she goes back indoors. Self trained. At least they don't have the green slimy do's the bigger parrots have, eww!.
I particularly like the new style wheels on the Voyager, and new style lock, the old spring and bar type broke and liberta kindly sent me a free replacement, I put a dab of super glu to stop the spring from flying out, it was such a pain to find!.
The main thing tho' is how much our little friends like their new cages, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:49 am

Billie sits on the top of the cage with her tail out and poops it is a good job the seed catcher catches her poop as well, l find Poop-off good for dealing with dried on poop, also on the grid. She was sitting on the back of my chair as l went for a walk, and she was still there when l got back, she can see out of the window from the chair and so since this is day 11 with no egg, I relented and moved the cage back by the window, Billie thanked me by sitting on her eggs for ten minutes. The sun is pouring through the window and recently with the cage away from the window she has asked to be covered later about 4 pm, so it will be interesting to how late she goes today.
As I walked around the park a man on a mobility scooter who usually has two dogs did not have any today, so I casually said "No dogs?" This led him in a very long story about how he spent £6,000 on one of his dogs in vet bills only to have to put it down when he could not afford any more money! Sad.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:02 am

I used to collect door to door for the PDSA, they pay for medical treatment for pets belonging to those on low income/benefits, they don't cover neutering unless for pyometra, or retained testicles (cancer threat), or for vaccinations, people were very generous, I was never refused, the PDSA do not get govt money at all.
It's Ms Sanjays big clean today, So I'd better get started, hopefully Billie will sit on her eggs more, now. b-(

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:33 am

Now the cage is back in the window she can see down the drive but she does not like the sun, and is bang her bell and babble ball, a sure sign she is cross. All she has to do is sit in her nesting box which is turned away from the sun, l am thinking of putting some dried grasses in it as nesting materiel
but l want to see how she copes with the cage position first, I was reading back posts 2012 What's the trouble with Janey, Ellie had terrible problems with her hen so I am thankful Billie is not like Janey! We never hear from Ellie or Claire, shame!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:46 am

Maybe they don't have their birds anymore? Or only do fb, the spam here puts people off too,
Ms S has been bell ringing and having a sing song today, the sunshine was a treat, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:48 am

Shriek something is crawling up my leg! Oh its okay its only Billie, she is a pest. do not let Ms Sanjay ever go on the floor if it isn't the cables its my slippers, oh she is rubbing herself on my carpet, so it is back in the cage Madame for you! Now she is sulking, its nearly time for a biscuit that will cheer her oh no she is banging the cage.

The only thing worse than a bloody minded bird is a sex mad hen!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:55 am

Nature isn't just red in tooth and claw, it's red in beak and wing!, poor Billie, a victim of her hormones.
I don't know if Ms S was trying to flit, or if he missed his footing, but somehow he managed to land on the floor of his cage, he looked surprised, had a look at the tut on the newspaper, then quickly flew back.up.
He has always avoided floors, maybe in the wild, the ground makes them more vulnerable to predators. There's a blue male ringneck in Luton park, I'm wondering if it's the one parrot mag reported as escaped from Luton last year.
Jack spotted it, (trust him!) :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:27 am

Missk recommended put in a perch low down in the cage to give them confidence to go down to the grid, unfortunately l cannot stop Billie she has been a pest all day, coming out and chewing cardboard boxes when l was playing the organ, then rubbing her self on the carpet or my slippers, goodness she is in her nesting box all quiet maybe she is sitting on her eggs? This morning I bunged in some dried grasses, the smell of meadow hay, she kicked most of it out, ungrateful wretch!
Do you have any contact with Ellie, MissK, Skyes_crew, Claire? I good do with female hen advice, Billie has given up sitting on her eggs now she is squawking to be covered, when her cage was over by the door she was quite content to wait until 4 pm or later, but now she is in the bay window it is back to the earlier time. I have a good mind to move her back! She has gone back in the box and is sulking, I can hear her bashing her eggs. now she is on the floor of the cage chirping, and now sitting on a lower perch giving me the eagle eye. I shall just ignore her. But she is giving her paper roll hanger a bashing, she is a bad tempered bird! Its is cloudy maybe she thinks it is dusk?
It is good that MsSanjay is making these forays but if he ever gets to land on your or the floor you will rue the day you encouraged him. People persist in feeding the geese even though notices were put up to try and stop it, but it funny to see the geese running to get in the queue like fat old ladies.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:23 am

Indian Running ducks are even funnier!, people keep putting food down for the birds in town, in spite of signs, and warnings of a fine. A pigeon has taken up residence in Tesco, everyone they shoo it out, it comes back.
No, i'm not in contact, but there's tons of advice on the internet, including No Nesting Box!.
I'm not encouraging himself to go down to his basement, all the detritus is there, and it's unhygienic. I think he knows that, I felt sorry for him earlier, he'd just settled down for forty winks, when one of the Slobodans decided to vacuum the bare boards up there, the racket it makes is unbelievable!, ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:32 am

Elie responded to my PM and it was good to hear from her.
Day 14 with out an egg can l breathe yet? They fitted my new front door to day but only screwed together the old frame which l did not think was good enough but l do not have to pay the bill. The man was here three and half hours. It is done. Billie was very worried she could not understand what all the noise was all about, Now she is banging her bell because l m sitting in the dark watching TV but she wants it be totally dark. Tough!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:22 pm

Did you get two locks?. My cold radiator isn't being looked at until the 16th, they e mailed me Last week!
Ms S was in a filthy mood today, spent his time out trying to rip chunks out of me, Then decided he wanted a tickle and kiss.
We had a gloriously sunny day, like spring, and my snowdrops are in bud, and the daffs, how much longer before you know Billie has completely stopped?. The wild birds will be mating soon.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:00 am

The technician is a man I despise he fitted a 40 watt bulk head lamp in my kitchen and told me it was the new policy of our HA when l complained they came and fitted a 5 foot 34 watt tube fitting, so he came to fit my door, he said his instructions were to repair the frame that was all splintered and the door has a throw over lock with a key but l wanted a mortise lock however he fitted the old mortise lock but it is damaged and does not work very well. However the work took him 3 1/2 hours and he cleared up after himself.
It is pay day for Emma and already she is shouting, alcohol does that for her, let hope she stops for tonight, Billie made a big song and dance and dance but as l type this she has flown to my shoulder and now is whispering sweet nothing in my ear as she wants to masturbate on me l shall have to stop writing.
More later
Peter

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:13 am

Just to clear up an anomaly the door has a throw over lock with a key and a mortise lock. Billie is now under the cover and l have RadioFM on to drown out Emma, life is complicated. It is day 15 with no egg but she is still hormonal. Do not tell Billie about the wild birds it might give her ideas.
Walked round the park this afternoon but saw no snowdrops. We usually have snow drops in our gardens but none are showing yet.
Maybe Ms Sanjay is becoming hormonal you had better watch her diet, no sweet things.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:10 am

What a palaver!, I just hope he's done a proper job. I finally got my parrot mag today, goodness!, they've changed their tune!, I had to write in once to defend IRN's, they said they were useless as pets.
I bought a pressure cooker today, unpacked it, No instruction manual!, and my phone doesn't do downloads anymore, so I've e mailed Tower and asked them to send them, I can't even work out how to remove the lid!. Oh for goodness sake Billie!, will you behave? ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:50 am

Well Emma was quiet last night, and this morning I gave Billie's cage a good clean. She watched me as l took her eggs out of the nesting box and gave that a good clean too then l put the eggs back. Vacuumed the floor and gave half the kitch a make over. Then went for a walk, it was not as cold as l thought it was going to be. Then in the afternoon l settled down to write some more in my book,but the surface stylus packed up l tried everything and took it to bits but could not and could not see what was wrong so put it back together again, l think the battery was loose, l ordered some more batteries form Amazon AAAA, Billie has been a pest with her intent to masturbate on me, l am using a new play when she flies top my chair and gets on my arm after a little cuddle I get up and make her fly back to her cage. Also l play games with her and her toys on the floor, she chases back and forth, ; think I am more tired than she is!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:10 pm

It was bitter here today, and we had snow, it hasn't lain, thankfully. No Ms Sanjay is definitely Not hormonal, and I never give sweet things anyway. Tomorrow is big clean, so he will get longer play time. I'm using my halogen heater to compensate for the cold radiator, it makes a difference only having one rad working in here.
I went on google and it suggested tapping around the pressure cooker to loosen the lid, et voila! It worked, the instruction manual was Inside the cooker, oy vey!. So I cooked my chicken fricassee, it only took 30 minutes, even quicker than the microwave. I've ordered a pressure cooker recipe book from Amazon, I had one decades ago, but I've forgotten the times.
At least Billie hasn't laid another egg yet. Even if it is almost Eostre (Easter) b-(

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:05 am

I miss counted the days it is 24 since the last egg, the end of next week l will take out the nesting box, as it might make her more hormonal if l leave it in. Emma has friend round and they are smoking cannabis and are high shouting so l have RadioFM on loud. I can smell it in my flat I shall complain on Monday to the HA. I tried playing the organ but that did not stop her, Billie is in the dog house, all shut up it is nearly time for her to be covered. In fact she has just informed me it is time. You won't believe it but the new parrots is out, some interesting articles.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:20 am

And I've only just got the last issue!, typical.
I bought a gnaw log from wilko last week, the string broke, but I managed to get a stainless steel skewer through, and he loves it, when he isn't foraging for the seeds etc inside, he is honing his beak!. Our HA evicts people for smoking weed etc, I agree, it stinks, my Crown Imperial bulbs smell just like it, and they keep pests off the garden!.
The recipe book turned up, it's all Curries and chilli's, and other spicy things I cannot eat or can't stand, but the rice pud, and steamed puds might be worth a try, it was written by a man, and you know what Some men are for hot, spicy food.
I think all in all, Billies "silly season" wasn't as severe as in previous years, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:20 pm

Billie has been a doddle this year, but she will persist on masturbating on me or the carpet or my shoulder, as soon as I look at her she stops! I hate curry and spiced food, I have just eaten a lovely stew with rice, it was very bland but just how l like it. I once bought a 2lb glass jar of marmalade and l couldn't get the top off even some of my friends had a go, so l took it back to Asda. The sales assistant rapped it on the desk a couple of times and the lid just unscrewed. What is more of a problem are the plastic containers from Poundland I can't get them apart without splitting them!
Glad your pressure cooker works, my mother used to cook everything in in a pressure cooker I have the memory of this ghastly taste, :shock: Billie would not like a stainless skewer (See your post)
I read somewhere that l should put her seeds into a paper coffee filter so she has to forage, all she does is grip the paper and throw it over the side seeds and all. She does not like foraging, too much effort, I thought of hanging one of her toys on a piece of elastic so it would bounce up and down but she totally ignored it!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:55 pm

You must blame your mums cooking I'm afraid, it shouldn't taste bad,, rice pud turns out like ambrosia rice. The gnaw log was too dense for a bamboo skewer, he actually perches on it whilst he gnaws. :-!
I have a rubber thingy which grips jar lids, but if you pry the lid to break the vacuum it usually twists off ok.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:29 am

That is good to know, Billie has just flown to the floor she wants to play footsie with my slipper and rub her vent on the floor, this morning I had to throw out her eggs, they were stinking me out, I put dummies back in but she wasn't interested in her eggs so it will be unlikely she will take to the dummies. My dyslexia kicked in the other day its not 24 days but only 19 days since her last egg. She is back in the cage. She makes an awful din as she chases her babble ball around the bottom of the cage, well it is good exercise although what Emma makes of it, heaven knows. I said to myself yesterday that is she kept me awake with her noise I would complain about that and the cannabis too but she was a quiet as could be.

Still cold wind, it was bitter when I went down to church. Parrots has an article on super foods, pomegranate and Papaya, smaller Psittacines intelligence, an article on seeds only diet for companion birds who do not get enough exercise, another interesting article on aggression "Taking the bites is reinforcing biting behaviour" (!) and other interesting articles.

Curry and rice pudding, along with bread and butter pudding, offal and fish are all on my hate l list.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:14 am

Goodness!, you must be a pain to cater for! b-(
I shan't be calling in for my magazine until the 21st or thereabouts, but it sounds interesting.
I had a feeling those eggs would end up rotten, surely that Must mean the end of her cycle?,
Ms Sanjay was in a ninja mood today, wanting to see if I could put his accoutrements back in his cage before he could bite a chunk out of me, I won.
It's been a nasty cold damp grey day here, but sunshine is forecast for tomorrow. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Tuesdays and Sunday's l do not go for a walk, Tuesday is shopping day and Sunday Church day. but on the way down it was freezing! 29 days is the sitting time, take them out earlier and there is a danger she will lay again, but the dummy eggs
are nylon and bite proof, the chalk ones she manages to chip away. She is still hormonal and wanting to masturbate on me, but l tell her abstinence is good you. I try and distract her by waving a toy in front of her. You can thank you lucky stars that Ms Sanjay is not hormonal. I often say that my cooking is better than my mum's well l have to as l am the only one who will eat it! It was shepherds pie tonight best meal of the week.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:07 am

I could not stand her moods any more, hiding in the box looking miserable, attacking me when l tried to clear the debris from the bottom of her cage, and worse defending some card boxes with wild fire intent. So I put on my gardening gauntlets and took her nesting box out, she put up a heroic defence but l was able to ward her off by waving the box in her face, and the difference is obvious she is sitting on the top of the cage talking to her mirror image eating more, although she is still hormonal and trying to masturbate on me it is not with the same intensity the dummy eggs are on the grid.
Yesterday she did not like the sunshine in her cage to day she did not seem to mind, an all round improvement in her behaviour, which is good. I will try and take the dummy eggs out in a day or two. :)) #:-s

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:32 am

Ms Sanjay is very territorial with His cage, and doesn't have any eggs!.Lidl had a freezer fire last week and is being completely gutted, so I had to go hunter gatherer today for his bits and pieces.
I'm pleased Billie is improving, none of our female dogs missed their puppies much once they had left, but Always remembered them when they came to visit, sometimes they would hide out of the way!.
The sunshine was lovely today, himself doesn't mind a bit of natural sunlight, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:27 am

The trouble with the sun in Billie's cage is that she thinks it is the setting sun and time for bed, when the sun climbs higher it might make a difference to her. I bet Lidl were gutted. I had a nice walk around the park the wind was cold, l find a boiled sweet at the start of my walk lasts right through to the end if l do not suck it. I can make a boiled sweet last a year if l keep it in its wrapper! Billie's eggs are on the grid but she ignores them so l shall remove them this Friday in the cage clean up. Shopping tomorrow l have to buy some AAAA batteries.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:21 pm

Bought Billie some corn on the cob she had 1/8 & devoured it in minutes. Also some some sugar snap peas, she quite liked apricot last and l gave her one but she ignored it, l also bought some papaya and cut it into a quarter but she far she has ignored this too. She is still amorous l have to hold a piece of paper up when she sits on my shoulder to stop her butting my ear, when she cannot masturbate on my shoulder she flies to the floor and tries it on my slipper, l just lift my feet up in the air, she is so good natured she does not mind. Her eggs were moved but whether she disturbed them when playing football with the babble ball is anyone's guess.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:40 pm

Ms Sanjay likes half a small papaya, or a slice of rugby ball papaya in a bowl, so he can nosh the peppery black seeds, he usually nibbles the flesh too, still very territorial, but still asks for a tickle and scritch, he no longer seeks out things to chomp, chew or destroy, the chewing craze has stopped, hopefully.
Another lovely sunny day, chill wind again.
Lidl must be losing a fortune whilst the rebuilding work is going on, considering it is "smoke damage" there's an awful lot of work going on, methinks they are completely refitting the interior. You must be quite relieved Billies silly season is almost over, Friday will be crunch day, or should that be "Crunchie" day? :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:26 am

That's torn it, I convinced myself that with MS withdrawing their support for Vista on April 10 there could be a shortage of computers or worse a price hike so l rushed out and bought a new computer, and ink jet printer, this lap top Surface is very handy but the screen is tiny and the keyboard not easy to type so l bought AOI HP Pavilion with i5 processor, not cheap but who cares? Credit card bore the burden. Billie is worse than ever she bites my slippers and rubs herself on the carpet and when l lift my feet she flies to my shoulder and butts me in the ear while rubbing her vent on my shoulder.
She has flown onto my knee but could not cross without climbing onto the pro 4 screen and launching here self to my shoulder but l was quick off the mark and waver her off. She is back on the cage, phew! I was just thinking that she was less hormonal today.
Over cast and rain in the wind, but quite warm. The bus driver kindly let me on with 4 minutes to go, but asked me to swipe the card as l left the bus.
I called into Marks & Sparks to see if they had any rayon scarves or cotton cravats but no such luck. I took my folding trolley down which was a good thing as the two boxes were quite large and heavy. Now al I have to do is in pack it and hook it up to my wifi hub. Maybe tomorrow l have had enough excitement for one day. Billie has been biting the seeds of the papaya, Parrots also said that pomegranates were very good parrots and human and because el am so mean the quarter she has not eaten l squeezed the fruit out and added to cereal after putting a fresh quarter up.
To answer an earlier question she wont sit on her eggs until she has finished laying. And the idea that if you put dummy eggs in when she starts to lay then she thinks she does not need to lay anymore is cods wallop, Billie 2 more even after l put two dummy eggs in, but l feel she has stopped now. Then after the sitting is over come the moult.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:44 am

There's a lot of cods wallop, sometimes it's not easy to differentiate, what I know about computers would fit on a hazel nut shell, my phone and tablet are all I need for my simple needs.
Apart from a brief sunny morning, the cloud and rain soon moved in, and not that mild with the wind chill. Ms Sanjay plays happily on her roof shredding paper, when I leave the room he waits nicely on the chandelier, then escorts me across to his cage, ready for the fresh rations to go in.
I thought hens sat on eggs to incubate them right from the start?, to keep them warm and viable?,
All you can do is try and deter her behaviour, and wait it out. ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Did you say you had a Liberta Voyager? Billie finds it a bit difficult to play outside the open roof, l shall have to go and see the Doctor recently l have been getting nose bleeds when l strain a little too hard on the loo, l shall pop down to the chemists tomorrow to see if they have anything that can staunch the blood. Don't worry my knowledge of computers would fit in walnut shell (half!) I shall have to work out how to connect it to my WIFI hub.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:34 pm

IRN and Alex evidently do not sit on their eggs form the start, maybe it is because of a warmer climate, but in any case or egg Billie has not sat on them at any time. She was most persistent today, but l had to put her back in the cage several times. Yes you are right l will have to sit this one out.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:06 am

Ms Sanjays roof is closed, I have had to attach her UV light fitting to it, besides, he always played on the roofs of his old cages.
Jack gets nose bleeds, he might have to have his nose cauterised, maybe you're not getting enough roughage?, daddi swore by Sennacot.
I am waiting for the plumber to come and sort out my cold radiator, so I've warned himself, he might be later getting "sorted" today, depending on how long it takes. The sun is beautiful, and it's lovely and mild

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:55 am

I however l am very pleased with the Voyager, the top opens out and when she sits on the top perch she is high than me. I am struggling with the new computer it will be some time before l can use it to send emails. Billie is locked in her cage she was an absolute beast this afternoon, It may be mild but the wind is still very cold.
Senacot is to strong for me l do eat a lot of roughage, porridge every day, steamed vegs 4 times a week, still l shall have to learn not to push so hard.
I kept the old packaging because Billie keeps complaining that light is coming low down, and the boxes squashed will help to block it out, she is asking to be covered but will have to wait a little while longer, it is very noticeable how it is getting lighter in the late afternoon, and early in the morning I am just about keeping up with dawn.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:25 am

When daddi was on chemo he strained too hard, and reopened an intergroinal hernia he was born with, so Do take care.
The radiator was soon fixed, it needed a new thingy that controls the temperature, so the sitting room is noticeably warmer. Yes, I love the Voyager, but the roof opening isn't absolutely mandatory, Ms Sanjay is quite able to fly out via the door, and happy to ride in on his pink wavy perch. He flapped a bit when George the plumber came into his room, normally George goes into the kitchen to do things to the boiler, but he soon settled, I think he remembered Georges voice. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:20 pm

What a wanted to ask is where did you get the cover, and does it completely cover the cage. My two blankets are supported by two folded card boards boxes, which cut out the light below the valance. Do you take seed catcher off to clean it, l leave mine on because there Is not much dirt. Broke my new computer already! But fixed it! Went on line to HP Support they were useless, so were Curry's in the end l fiddled with it and it works okay. I used a piece of plastic coated wire to prop the door open because l trapped Billie's feet under the door when it slammed shut. :-bd

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:57 pm

Years ago I bought two black king size cotton sheets from Primark, one is the back curtain to protect my walls, the other covers the cage at night, of course, with the Voyager they are almost folded in half. The Rainforest cover was a waste of money, because it has to be left on and the front opened during the day, it is heavy duty material, and would be far too bulky to wash. I like to wash his covers every Saturday, when his cage gets a thorough wash down.
I pottered about in my little garden this morning, such a lovely day, I have miniature Irises flowering and snowdrops, of course Ms Sanjay watched, and called out encouragement!, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:49 am

When I go out Billie can see as l go down the drive and Emma tells me she can hear Billie calling, and when l come back. Billie is on my shoulder and wants to rub herself on me but every time l look at her she stops and every time l turn away she starts again. She is a pain. This morning l tried to get her to play with one of her toys by jiggling it close to her but all l got for my pains was a bite.
Does the kings size sheet black out her cage? Wen l went for a walk l thought the wind was very cold, perhaps you are sheltered in your garden?
It made me laugh when they planted false eggs in seagull's nest in the hope the seagull will think Ah there eggs l do not need to lay, it did not work for Billie after three eggs l put 2 dummy ones in, but she still laid two more and then stopped.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:21 pm

The sheet I have folded in half over a curtain wire goes from one side, around the back and the other side, the wire hooks on to the first bars at the front, so light enters via the roof,down to the bit where the roof attaches. Bedtime sheet does indeed make it dark, especially with the extra thickness at the sides, if you choose this method, double sheets might be better with the voyager, I have to fold the king size ones.
It's warmer here in East Anglia, than many places in the UK, my little front garden faces West, there is a little area in front of my kitchen window which is a sun trap, I usually grow peppers in a container there, for Ms Sanjay. One year, I grew tomatoes. Like potatoes, home grown tomatoes taste much better than bought ones.
It took an hour and a half to give the voyager it's thorough "do", in between distracting my little minkey from getting up to naughties, I managed to keep him busy with a bit of "Origami", in fact, one of the shapes he cut out looked like a teddy bear! :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:25 pm

Sweet, madam was up to her tricks at trying to masturbate on me it is very tiring I tried to distract her with a toy but as l jiggles it she lunged and bit my finger. There are various bites she uses this one was not blood but a bruise. I have two fleece blankets one double the other single very good at keeping the light out but l have to add boxes to keep the light creeping underneath. It takes me about 30 mins to clean the cage once a week.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:34 am

My daily clean takes thirty minutes, but the weekly one, where I remove perches et al takes considerably longer, I don't replace the wooden perches until they are bone dry. When I think back, to what a nasty dirt trap the old cage was, buying the Voyager was the best idea I've ever had!. Btw, I notice in one of your other posts, you have given the IRN life span as 40 years, it is 20 yrs, give or take. But every animal is an individual, my mothers budgies Never reached their 12 yr span. I hope Lidl are open tomorrow, they said a week, but from all the work I saw going on, I doubt it. ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:06 am

If Lidl don't open in a week will you shop elsewhere or wait until they do open? I thought the Alex lived 40 years, so assumed IRN would too, maybe Alex only live 20 years, I was playing with Billie a toy on the end of a stick kept her rushing back and forth, l thought it would tire her out fat chance
I put some corn in her cage which she really loves but it might be making her more hormonal so l took it out maybe she will get it back in a few days if she continues to be hormonal. I am getting sick and tired of her rubbing her vent on me or the carpet while she chews my slippers. She gets put back in the cage but does not learn to stop.
I agree about the voyager but l wonder how you can balance a play stand on the curved top?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:50 am

Ms Sanjay hasn't got a play stand anymore, precisely for that reason, daddi bought a clamp thingy for the UV light fitting, which holds it nicely in place on the roof, and the ***** cat balls have slits rather than a cage type surface, the grooves fit into the cage bars, so he gets hours of fun just sliding them up and down and trying to pull them free, which he does, frequently, never underestimate a birds strength!.
If Lidl is still closed, I will go to the Asian shop which sells fruit and veg outside (a pound a bowl), but they sometimes only have green peppers or Jalapeno, and himself isn't keen on them, then there's Tesco, but getting his favourites there is hit and miss.
Never mind, either way, Ms Sanjay won't starve!, :-bd

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:53 am

PS, the ***** rhyme with Wussie, there's some seriously strange prudes on here! ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:03 pm

What is wrong with ***** I ask you? Had big problem tonight the stupid computer froze and nothing worked but l phoned Curry's Knowhow and they were very helpful. Billie has been running back and forth l hold a rope toy on a stick and she charges at it and pounces on it like a bird of prey and then l swing it back about two feet and shout "Fetch" and she charges across the floor and pounces on the toy. I get tired but she seems game to go on l am hoping this will tire her out and stop her being so hormonal. Did you see Tesco in the news for offering a special prices that were not reflected at the till. Well a couple of years ago, Tesco has some grapes at reduced price but at the till l was charged the full price, so l questioned this and because no refund was forth coming l demanded to see the manager and this scruffy individual turned up and said l was making it up, so l took him round to the fruit section to show him, and they had craftily removed the reduction, l felt like an idiot, so the next time l went to Tesco I took a camera, and found a price reduction which was not reflected at the till so l produced the digital camera and showed them the photo so l got my refund.
This happens because the manager gets a write down on the reduced stock but if he charges full price and gets away with it, this helps cover his loses
from pilfering, and makes it look like he is doing very well in running the store! If you shop at Tesco check your bill.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:07 pm

I use my calculator, once I found reduced bacon, and they tried to wriggle out of it by saying the reduction had expired, So I showed them the sign on the fixture, and told them under the sales of goods act 1973 they Had to sell it to me at the reduced price, and they agreed.
Oh, I chuckled at your game with Billie, it makes a great visual!, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:42 am

No such luck she is still hormonal, but maybe a bit less so, l had to lock her in the cage several times today, she is very demanding for my attention, you cannot have a parrot and play the organ, or you cannot have a parrot and write emails. She worries me as she is chomping on cuttlefish bone,
does this mean another round of egg laying? I think I shall have to reconsider her diet, she loved the corn on the cob but that is one of the no no things not to give parrots in the breeding season and l thought with the end of the egg laying she was out of the breeding season.
It is now 27 days since the last egg. No sign of a moult yet l shall just have to wait this out, the good news is she is lasting until 4.30 pm before wanting to be covered up. She is in her cage with the door and top open stuffing herself on the millet spray. She gets one on Tuesday when l go shopping, and one on Sunday when l go to church. Oh dear here she comes, sidling along the cage l gave her a hard stare and she went back in.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:54 pm

Hard stares can be very useful.
Well, Lidl was open, it was immaculate, and whiffed slightly of bleach, so Ms Sanjay has his coloured peppers again, also, surprise surprise, my Parrot magazine was in!, I saw the advert for "poop off" (oy vey what a name!), and because it gets rid of food spatter, I phoned NP and ordered some, There was a lady, quite an old one, in wilko with a parrot tattoo just above her right ankle!, she'd had it done recently, it was pretty, but I couldn't help thinking "at Her age?", ah well, it takes allsorts I suppose. ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:07 am

You are as young as your tattoo l suppose, you would not get me under the tattoo needle! If you order the brush Poop off do not do what l did by ripping the foil top off on the bottle, it lets too much liquid out all l had to do was piece the foil. The spray is the best with a kitch brush. But all too soon it has to be replaced and there is a big bottle you can use for refills. Billie really enjoys her sprouts but she is still too hormonal and as soon as let her out she is on the floor rubbing her vent on the carpet by holding onto my slippers, when l shoo her away she flies up and wants to rub herself on my shoulder it is very frustrating for me. She followed me into the bedroom by walking and when my back was turned she started to rip the door stop to pieces. I spent a frustrating afternoon trying to get Edge back on my phone, l had accidentally clicked on Macfee for my home page when l tried to down load a free security program. Turning colder Hurrah! 4.15 and she is asking to be covered, the way a l feel she is lucky not to get shot!
The Papaya was a complete waste of time I thought l would try her again with a mango but last time she ignored that too. Ah well such is life.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:49 am

Ms Sanjay has always loved Papaya seeds, and Passion fruit, thanks for the tip re "poop off", its the one with the brush Ive ordered, I might order the refill container If its better than the anti bacterial cleaner I use (safe around people, food etc)
I found it quite expensive, and Very expensive with p&p. I wonder what originally encouraged Billie to go on the floor?, Sanjay Never does, but theres bits of her history you will never know. At least she hasnt laid anymore eggs, thus far. b-(

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:31 pm

Yes that is good news no eggs :-$ I think is was my fault l was following the advice of MissK about installing a perch low down to encourage her to the bottom of the cage and from that she started flying to the floor, l think it is quite common for parrots to do this. But it is an absolute pain, when Billie followed me into the bedroom the LR door was just ajar she came on foot and the BR window was open wide enough for her to fly out but she knows which side her bread is buttered. I re-appraised her diet and will try and cut out protein, fat, sugar from her diet to see if that makes any difference, but when l look back to last year 10 eggs the last on April 18, so this year she started a bit earlier and laid only 5 eggs so l ought to be thankful for small mercies even if they are green and a pain!
Poop off is expensive but it shifts dried poop, but the fruit stain on the wall paper add a colourful pattern which is unique, last year l put orange segments and other fruit on the top of the cage and this led to the Fruit fly plague so this year l want do that. :-bd

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:19 pm

I don't have a problem with petrified do do, Ms Sanjay goes before leaving the cage and doesn't go again, until he is back indoors, I never get fruit flies near the cage, they hover around the fruit bowl, but it has a domed cover, I am hoping the product shifts dried Papaya and passion fruit juice, :-t

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:59 am

You will have to let it soak in maybe a second application. Billie has been very good this morning not once has she tried to rub herself on me, but l should not speak too soon! She has been out and played on the floor chasing a rope toy until it broke. Billie poops anywhere some times on the back of my chair, and even when l am sitting in it, so I sit in her poop! :( Yuk! I rescued her millet spray that had fallen through the grit now she is as happy as a sand boy chomping on it. Oh dear here she comes! Rain this morning but now the sun is out, turning colder this week.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:53 am

I didn't need two applications, and it does a decent job, But! It smells horrible, so I shall wring my wiping cloth out in diluted Zoflora tomorrow onwards. The foil lid had a little dot, where to pierce it. As for the packaging, oy vey!, a big cardboard box, stuffed with air pocket padding and one lone little Plastic bottle in the bottom, wrapped in reams of bubble wrap!, no wonder we pay so much in p and p!.
Glad to hear Billie has ceased being a hussy, if they asterisk that, it rhymes with Fuzzy.
Miserable here too, wet and breezy, but they are forecasting much worse. ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:07 am

To wet to go for a walk today and little chance tomorrow, I never saw the dot but just ripped the foil off, and rued the day as too much came out, Billie has been better behaved today this morning she acted like a lady but it went to pieces this afternoon, she has started to explore under my swivel arm chair, I worry she might get trapped inside but every time l called her she came out! I do believe she is getting better less hormonal. No problem with hussy. Now the mornings are getting light l am getting up at 5.30 am it makes a long day, I rather liked the smell, talking of which l said to Billie you smell, no she said You smell l stink! With apologies to Disraeli. She had a supper bath and shower today came out wringing wet. I went to put her to bed at 4.30 and she sat on the bottom of the cage and cried, so l relented, but at 5 pm l called out "Bed?" And she was happy to go back in and be covered.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:41 am

It's amazing how many words they understand, Ms Sanjay knows "bedtime?" And "No! Naughty", did I tell you I actually got my March edition of Parrot magazine on time?, my gast was flabbered!.
My nylon scrubbing brush has a new vocation, guarding my shelf and wall corner from being chomped, ha! :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:05 am

So Ms Sanjay is getting more adventurous, Billie keep going under my swivel recliner in the LR but she comes out unscathed, there is little I can do to stop but she gets bored as she did when she started to chomp my box file, Billie busy cleaning the carpet it is an old red mat which has seen better days and has coffee, tea, fruit juice stains and she is scratching and biting these up. She is enjoying herself. Yes like Ms Sanjay she understands "Back on your cage" and "Where are you/" But l think a lot of what she does is for attention.
I had to go for a repeat prescription so l added a walk and the wind was so strong it nearly bowled me over, in the park a big branch off a tree blocked the path, but now the sun is out. I am trying to type this as she is trying to bite my slippers :-o Staring makes her nervous, but now her is on my shoulder and butting my ear she wants attention and will make herself objectionable until she gets it, have to go.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:45 am

I phone my repeat prescriptions in, and have them delivered. It's very windy here, but lovely spring sunshine. I don't walk anywhere near as much as I used too, because of pain, and nocturnal cramp after exercise, can't take quinine tablets, so I end up drinking tonic water, very bitter because of the quinine, but it doesn't make me feel sick like the tablets do.
The new product impresses, but I find the brush very cumbersome for certain corners etc of the cage, dispensing it on to a small non scratch sponge helps. Another day without an egg is a bonus for you, I hope Billie keeps this up!.
My carpet needs shampooing again, but I'm waiting for the weather to improve a bit more, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:20 am

Gradually she is becoming less hormonal, we are not out of the nest yet but as you say every day without and egg is a bonus. :D Tomorrow is cage cleaning day, the spray poop off is jolly useful with an old kitchen brush, the poop off brush l put a weak Fairy in, give it a good shake. B-) Now she is in her cage all covered up. Billie not the Fairy! I went to put her top perch in but she got out of bed the wrong side and bit me.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:43 am

Yes, Fairy Platinum is excellent, and with the cost of p off, it's ideal to alternate cleaning products.
Old toothbrushes are good for crevices too. The wind has been awful today, it kept blowing my windows shut! ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:53 am

The snow drops are ending the crocus are in full swing and daffs are making a showing, won't be long before the bluebells arrive and then the tulips, all is well with the world. I wish it were with Billie she is under my swivel chair scratching the carpet, at least she has not climbed up inside yet but it is only a matter of time, l just hope she has a nasty scare and never goes back. There is a lot of noise outside and busybody has come out to have a look! She is taking sustenance now before l suppose going back to scratching! Oops sorry Billie she is on her sleeping perch maybe it is a hint because she is now on the top of her cage preening. It has been along day, up at 7.15 am just as dawn breaks and now the sun is going down soon it will be sunset and that is it for Billie she will sleep 14 hours. It took 30 mins to clean her cage but an hour to vacuum the floor. It is still cold when l went for a walk.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:22 pm

I love the spring, my crocuses aren't flowering yet, but plenty are, I have double Hellebores in shades of pink, white and Cerise, they look lovely among the daffs.
Big cage clean tomorrow, starting with putting the covers in to wash, they only take an hour to wash and dry, I think, by using this new product with the stupid name, it may not take as long as it normally does, I was telling my daughter how Ms Sanjay calls if I leave the room without telling him, and Ms Sanjay decided to join in!, it sounded as if he was denying it!, my daughter was in fits! :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:49 am

Good for Ms Sanjay Billie gets jealous when I talk on phone. She has ripped away the cloth covering the bottom of my swivel recliner chair and when l tilted it to clean underneath I could there is nothing inside that can hurt her if she does go inside. But also I discovered that by opening the flap to recline the chair she is in full view and she hates it! I do like it when she plays with the homemade toys. I just do not know why but she is scratching my carpet and chewing my slippers, is she bored, or just bloody minded?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:43 am

If you like cooking here is a lovely desert l have not eaten for 30 years, Mother used to cook Hunters Pudding.
1 small cup S/R flour
1 small cup sugar
1 Small cup raisons
1 small cup of sultanas
1 small cup of mixed fruit
1/2 cup of Asoria suet
1 small cup of milk
3 eggs.

Turn on oven to 190 - 200. Butter oven proof dish, mix dry ingredients, add beaten eggs and milk pour into prepared dish. bake 1 hour, serve sprinkled with castor sugar and custard. Delicious hot or cold, very filling! My mouth is already watering.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:22 am

It sounds lovely, but I'd have to omit mixed fruit as I cannot stand mixed peel. Just as I'd decided to go back to weightwatchers meals!.
I gave the cage it's Saturday clean, and I was right, by using p off daily, it was much easier to clean. However, I found a screw on the floor afterwards, and cannot fathom where it came from or why, I will look tomorrow in daylight, if we get any!, it's been gloomy today.
Ms Sanjay sat on the door all through, alternating between crouching and clucking to be petted, and trying to mob me!, fickle little friend.
Billie is maybe going on an instinct to dig and chew a nest?, I haven't experience to go on I'm afraid. ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:10 pm

She made such a mess l used the hand held sweeper and when l turned the chair over l found she had ripped all the curtain off the bottom of the chair and l could see that is she did go inside there was nothing to hurt her and no way could she get trapped, in fact when l reclined the chair a flap opens in front and her space is no longer private and she moves away. That screw might be off the seed catcher, l found one last week. Bang goes your diet here comes another recipe I have not tasted for 40 years. A can of cold evaporated milk, whisked so a fork will stand up in it, 4 bananas peeled and mashed 4 oz Castor sugar blended in. Place in sundae glasses about a cm from top and blend in slowly the whipped evaporated milk serve immediately
I do not do any cooking now a days.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:28 pm

That sounds lovely!, and no cooking required as such, I like my bananas lovely and ripe, can't stand them hard and tasteless.
No, it's not the seed catcher, too big. But the cage isn't in any danger of falling to bits without it, yet!. Plus I would have found a bolt?.
Ms Sanjay is having her pre bedtime nosh, always tanks up before asking to be covered. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:18 am

Yes it should have been ripe bananas. There is a hole to the left and above the door so I screwed in the spare bolt, I cannot remember any screws are you sure it is not yours :)) ? Help there is something crawling up my leg, oh its only Billie, she has taken to scratching the carpet and gets quite upset when l clear it up, is this nesting material, I ask myself. I have reduced the amount of seeds l give her down to 1 tbsp of seeds , 1 tbsp. Kaytee exact, and two tbsp. of sprouting seeds., she is eating more veg and fruit. She likes pear, that goes first. The extra large pomegranates ASDA sell she does not like and so after hanging a quarter up for a couple of days, l eat the seeds myself!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:48 am

Ms Sanjay can take or leave pomegranate, strange, because he normally goes daft for seedy foods.
My cousin has sent pdf files, censuses and certificates etc, now I have to figure a way to get my tablet to communicate with the printer, I still haven't perused the instruction manual that came with the printer, Or, I might pay Rymans in the High St to print them off. Boots did a lovely job on the old photos.
I still can't see where the screw came from, I will wait until next Saturday, when I remove the back curtain, to check properly. It's a good job I still have the Allen key. It's very windy outside, I'm not looking forward to shopping tomorrow, the wind sometimes gives me a headache.
Ms Sanjay was more affable today, tickles etc but No mobbing :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:26 am

Billie goes through stages too, but sits under my swivel recliner for hours at a time, she gets quite cold, l dashed down to Brum this morning to check at the computer shop whether DVD slide should automatically come out and the answer is no, l also looked in Sparks to see if they had any cheap sweetener's and they did not have any! I had a quick look in Poundland marvelled at the new trams going down Corporation Street, discovered some of my favourite shops had disappeared and came home in the rain. Billie was sitting on the top perch waiting for me which was rather sweet! Its nice and warm in here, Billie is sitting on the table having a nap her head is resting on an old perch, She is behaving very peculiar these days l might have to phone the vet, at least she is not so hormonal and has stopped wanting to rub her vent on me.
You will have to wear a head scarf, years ago when l worked in the London Textile Wholesaler I was first man in the Ladies Knitwear and the buyer allowed me to run the Scarf department, we bought Chiffon squares for 17 shillings (85p) and sold them for 18/6d a dozen but when Courtalds took us over their accountant made me offer them to the retail trade for 21/6 a doz, but the big stores would buy our knitwear only if the Chiffon squares were cheaper than our competitors! The idiot.
Billie has just fallen off the table asleep, now she wants me to play with her, and is biting my slippers have to go. :ympeace:

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:31 am

No peace for the wicked, eh?
It wasn't too bad outside, we even had sunshine, but had hailstones after I got home. The only times I've been to Brum, was for Crufts at the NEC, it was an awfully long journey!, but when the dogs qualified for Crufts, wild horses wouldn't keep us away.
Bedford changes all the time, shops closing and new ones opening etc, I remembered Ms Sanjays tinned Lychees this time, I forgot them last week, big juicy ones, no stones, and I rinse the syrup off thoroughly.
Oh goodness!, have you heard the latest about Ian Huntley?, the Yorkshire ripper has been bullying him because he murdered children, so Huntley wants a sex change so he can go to a female prison, where He Thinks he will be safe, safe? In a jail full of mums?, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:56 pm

Their Crimes are too horrible to talk about, but it will do them good to rot in jail l hope no one kills them they should suffer for years and years like Ian Brady. I thought your were going shopping tomorrow. Some how today put my knee out it is very painful and tomorrow is my shopping day.
Billie is rather docile today, rather cold tonight.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:16 pm

It's chillikins here tonight, its horrible when you "twinge" a knee, have you taken Ibrufen?, I find anti inflammatories good for that sort of thing, I agree with you, let them live in fear,
Ms Sanjay has taken to ringing his bell after being covered!,, just a short burst, goodness knows what goes on in those little birdy brains of theirs! :ymdaydream:

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:24 am

Billie has a one track mind, l keep telling her that if you fly to the floor you will go back in, and yes she understands and sits on m arm but then after a cuddle she flies to the floor, she wants to scratch the carpet l am sure she is making a nest and probably might lay again so l shall to be cruel to be kind to me. After Billie is covered she likes a little play and chases her babble ball around and even climbs up and bangs her bell and the babble ball hanging up. Every time l look at her she asks very nicely 'Can l come out?' and the answer is not if you are going on the floor!
Had a nasty accident yesterday l dropped my tablet with a USB in the drive and it bent the USB stub, but l phoned Curry's knowhow and they help me transfer all those file to another USB and now l have backed that up too and today l bought some more USB stubs. How is your printer? Mine turns on the light on but l have not dared print anything yet just in case it does not work.
Its not so much a twinge but a bang, might be Bursitis or inflammation, l am taking Ibrufen and rubbing Voltoarol in it seems a lot better today.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:35 am

When I was misdiagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, I was put on prescription strength Diclofenac (Voltarol) tablets, it was amazing, I could really shift without pain, but just four months later I had to come off them because they "poisoned" my liver, it's a strange liver, it didn't like Amytriptiline either, but I can't argue with it's effectiveness.
Nasty cold and windy day here, but my beautiful "Remembrance" crocuses are starting to flower, deep purple. I honestly haven't attempted anything with daddi's printer, but I have cloud print on my Asus tablet, so in theory it should be ok, once I know how to work it. Give Billie her due, she's nothing if not persistent! :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:17 pm

Spent two hours this after noon in the cold trying to connect my printer wirelessly but no, so used a USB cable okay now. :D Billie has tried everything to get under my chair and do some more scraping but each time I lifted her back on a perch until the last time when she ran away form the perch! She was very upset all day giving her babble ball a bashing. No papaya in Asda, and walked there gently came back by bus. Pretty cold in here 56 f. Had the furnace on earlier.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:45 pm

Furnace?, my German landlady had a huge coke fed one in her cellar, which heated the radiators etc. I always walk into town and bus home, it's just enough exercise for me, very cold and sleeting out, but March comes in like a lion etc, And the Blackthorn flowered early, so I half expected a cold snap. No bell ringing at bed time for a change, :-c

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:10 am

The furnace is a gas wall heater that gets very hot, in the bedroom. Billie is getting very wary of the perch which I use to pick her up from the floor, l keep telling her "NO!" You cannot go on the floor, and when does back in the cage! I am determined she will go not under my chair and scratch the carpet as l am sure she is nest making. She is very angry banging her bell and babble ball and cuttle fish bone she is making a lot of noise. I keep on letting her out for a cuddle but she is determined to go on the floor. I don't want to use positive reinforcement so l shall have to be patient. She went away yesterday at 4 pm because l wanted to get my printer on line, but l had to settle for a USB connection. :ymapplause:
Like Ms Sanjay she has moods.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:52 am

Don't they all?, parrots as a species are very fickle, and it is something would be owners need to be told, unlike dogs and cats, where there is no middle ground, they either love you or hate you, parrots change at the flick of a switch.
Another chilly, windy day here, but at least it's dry, Ms Sanjay is having his afternoon siesta, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:26 am

I use a spare perch to pick Billie up but she is getting too clever at avoiding it, either she steps over it or pushes it away with her beak, it was 4.30 tonight she wanted to be covered, just as the sun started to go down but l was happy with day. I let her out with the injunction "Not on the floor!" But she had cloth ears. I went for a walk this morning, it was quite nice a little chilly.
Every time l dozed off this afternoon Billie sqwarked!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:31 am

Well l finally got my printer connected. At least the diagnostic test says it is but l tried to print and nothing happened until l connect the USB! We will have to wait and see. I hate computers but a new computer must be a good cure for Alchemizes or how ever it is spelt. Billie has moved on from masturbating on me but is intent on getting down on my carpet and scratching the pile, l think I is nest making. Every time she flies to the carpet l put her back, l give her three goes and then lock her in for 30 minutes or so. I might be winning because she stands on top of the cage and thinks about flying down. They can be very persistent when they want to be.
Last week l found a shop that does sewing and alteration and l thought of going town to the markets and buying some black out cloth and getting the sewing shop to stitch it up. Must be cheaper than buying it readymade. In order to give Billie 14 hours of sleep l will not get up any earlier, a the moment l arise at 6 am and potter around finally uncovering her at daybreak. :ar!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:39 pm

It's surprisingly more expensive!, when you can buy cheap flat sheets.
Ok, I sussed the printer, but when I tried printing from my tablet nothing happened, so I had a go at photo copying, the ink head has dried out!, I even tried new ink cartridges. I will see if I can get the pdf files printed in Rymans or Colemans.
Do you watch "Supervet"?, it's or I should say He is brilliant.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:33 am

Do flat sheets keep the light out? I got fed up with a curtain at the top of the stairs coming adrift so l have pressed that into covering Billie, I moved the cage and started to vacuum the floor and l had a massive colic attack, my mother used to suffer from these she said then l should eat some dry bread to relieve the symptoms so two Rennie's and two dry Ryevita's and a lot of belching the pain abated, it still sore, but l have just had lunch cheese and crackers followed by a fruit salad and yoghurt.
I often think that if you soak an ink cartridge in hot water it might spring back to life, it works for Bic pens, l know if you whack a dead battery it goes for a few more goes, also if you put it on the oven hot plate so it gets hot it works for a little while.
Billie is pacing up and down on a perch because l won't let her out. She flew to the floor, so she has to have a time out. Do you get the Northern Parrots news letter? They have a blog site too. I think l have recorded Super vet. I finally got my printer connected to the wi-fi but it refuses to work l have look at my command "Print" Maybe l have to shout louder. Watching bargain hunt now as l type, no walk today it is too wet. Billie's cage is back on the other side of the room evert rime l look up l can see her.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:59 pm

That is the exact same problem with my printer, I put in the string of numbers/letters and connected it, but my tablet "can't locate " it.
Plus the ink head has dried out.
I watch Bargain Hunt too, but it ain't the same without Tim. Today when Ms Sanjay flew down to check out the fresh rations, he landed on my wrist instead of the tray, gave it a quick "kiss; then flew across and waited on top of the cage door. Well, it looks as though Billie has definitely stopped laying, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:43 am

Don't speak too soon, when ever she can she flies down to the carpet and starts scratching, is she nest building? Will eggs follow. I try and stop her and she is beginning to understand l do not want her on the carpet. It is the producers who are to blame look at what happened to Top Gear a successful programme and the producer has a row with the presenter and sacks him, presenters are like Prima Donna, their temper tantrums should be ignored . I would like to see these producers sacked instead. Have you made the printer the 'default printer'? I can get my printer to print with the USB connected but not wireless, have you tried a USB cable for connection? I have not tried printing from the laptop.
My friend Anthony used to drag me round the Antique fairs, all the dealers expect one to bargain like mad, but l hate bargaining, if the price which was is okay and I want it, I buy it, there is an Antique Dealer in Henley-in-Arden Which a favourite hunting ground of his, after his death I went back and bought a plate there for £85 grossly inflated but l paid it, but l have never been back.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:26 am

I'm not sure a USB would work with a tablet, anyway, the ink head is dried out, I looked on line and Rymans print pdf files quite cheaply.
Big cage clean accomplished, the ease of cleaning after that huge cage is phenomminal. Lovely spring sunshine today, my tulips and wallflowers have flower buds, it will soon be the Vernal Equinox, I sent you an e mail earlier, hope you got it ok. An old lady whose Cavalier King Charles was bathed and trimmed by me, left me a beautiful cranberry etched rose bowl when she died, daddi accidentally smashed it, sigh, her home was full of antiques, she also asked us to give "joy" a home, but her sister had Joy put down before we even knew the old lady had died, ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:15 am

I can send a wireless message from my laptop to my computer but it wont print unless the USB lead is plugged in and as soon as l plugged the USB lead in the printer printed the message! I ran a diagnostic check and that reported my printer connected wireless to my hub but can l make the little beast print?!? No way. I pushed the WPS button on the hub to get connected. I also phoned Virgin, they helped me get my laptop connected but when l asked for help for this computer they wanted me to sign up for a support package £5 a month and a £30 connection charge! No way hosea. This morning l discovered what caused my colic attack the milk was off! On the plastic bottle it says use by March 16, but when l poured it onto my oats this morning it came out curdled it was a pain because l used up the last of my flame raisins so l had to wash them before l could use them again. It is nearly time (of the year) to start using Muesli and l had a look and some l had left over from last year did not look too healthy so l put it out for the birds. It was very warm last night, l might take off the winceyette sheet and put on a plain cotton one, also tried taking off my long johns but it was a bit drafty around the nether region so l put them back on again. Lovely stew and rice tonight very filling, weird music on Classic FM I may have got your earlier email l replied to one lunch time. Typical sister! I have one just like that, but I last wrote in 1997 and she still has not replied! :-??

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:28 am

The old lady should have put it in her will, ok, the dog was elderly, but she still enjoyed life.
I haven't received your reply as yet, and I checked spam just in case. I don't eat Muesli, but then I cannot stomach breakfast full stop, even as a child, my step mother used to try and force me to eat it. I have soya milk, when I have milk, it doesn't go off, it just turns into tofu if you don't give it a really good shake, I've given it to workmen and visitors in their tea or coffee, and not one could tell the difference. It makes a lovely milk pud too. I've just hard boiled an egg for Ms Sanjay tomorrow, as I was having a boiled egg for tea, it's just a matter of boiling one extra and leaving it longer, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:40 am

I have just seen your kind offer and sent a reply. It crossed in the post. Lucky Sanjay, Billie does not get such luxuries, she is an absolute pain on the floor. I wanted to have my dinner early tonight so she was put away at 4 pm. I will go to bed at 8 pm and I get up at 5.30am but potter for ages before l uncover her.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:31 am

Aren't you the lucky one!, as soon as Ms Sanjay hears me come through from the wet room he starts ringing his bell and setting babble ball into conniptions!, more later ...... :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:30 am

Billie is not very vocal in the mornings but as l come into the LR l can hear her creeping about, and as the covers come off she is on the bottom of the cage guarding the crown jewels! Going to church this morning and l got half way and realized had not brought my reading glasses and went back to fetch thinking the rain had stopped for the day l did not take my umbrella, but after setting off it started to rain again so l had to go back to fetch it.
And l was so busy talking l left my reading glasses in the church, and as l was about to go upstairs l remembered l had them in the organ and had to go back for them. Then when l got back to the bus stop not a bus in sight l waited three minutes after it was due and walked up the hill, half way l could hear the bus coming up. Typical! So it was nearly 2 pm when l got my lunch. I played with Billie on the floor by dangling a toy on the end of a stick, first on one side and then on the other she was dashing back and forth. I was more tired than her.
She has just told me it is time she wants to be covered, not having a watch she measures time by the sun light moving across the window. Now she is reinforcing her demands by standing on the sleeping perch cheeping. B-) I wish some one would invent bird body odour spray, it is 10 days since her last bath. I keep offering her a bath, "The water is lovely and warm ," I tell her, and splash her but the look she gives has to be seen to be believed. :))

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:59 am

Dirty Mc Squirty!, Ms Sanjay asks for the squirts once a week, usually just before the big clean on Saturdays, my Fischer Lovebirds had their bath on big clean day too.
Have you read the recent post "Help, my bird layed (sic) an egg" ?, the lady has more questions only you can answer. I got back from the corner shop just in time, it thrashed down, the sun soon followed tho', our Sunday buses run every hour on Sundays, which is a pain. Ms Sanjay has afternoon siestas but doesn't ask to be covered until 8pm. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:16 am

I wish Billie would keep later hours it is not that she goes to sleep straight away but bang around for s little while but l must admit when l say Goodnight it is all quiet in there. Sometime during the night l can hear her banging the babble ball. l hate to think what the neighbours make of it.
They are quiet all day until 3 pm when they sort of wake up, and then l can hear them talking in the evening until about 1 am when move around banging doors calling to each other until about 2 am when it goes all quiet. I hate to think what Billie makes of it!
Did l tell you that our communal washing machine can take loads of 6 lbs. Most tenants here have their own washing machine so l usually get my washing in without waiting too long.
Best meal of the week tonight Shepherds pie, very filling. Tomorrow it will be a bacon burger and chips and then Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/
Friday it is boring steamed vegs and a quarter can of corned beef! 3 Days of heaven and 4 days of hell. I will check out the lady with egg problems

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:27 pm

I have a weightwatchers fish pie, it has veg too, 3 for a fiver in Iceland, I've already lost 3lbs this week, one coffee in the morning (black) and water the rest of the day. I also buy sandwich thins instead of bread, 99calls each, and the pocket toasties are yummy too.
I will dig out my tablet shortly, b-(

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:14 am

Dieting is easy, but when you get down to your desired weight keep it off is really hard. I am struggling 12 stone 4 was my best but last week it was 12 12, 38 " Waist is not too bad, Was 52"! Don't over do it, I have just thought that instead of grabbing Billie and trying to weigh her on the kitchen scales if l hold her and step up on the bathroom scales it will; weigh both of us. How ever I weighed her in January and she was 277 grams about normal.
She is about the size of a blackbird.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:46 am

When daddi weighed the dogs, he'd pick them up and step on the scales, then deduct his weight, I knew when they had gained weight, when I struggled to lift them on to the grooming table!, or into the bath tub.
Ms Sanjay is more thrush than blackbird, I got a nip today because I wasn't putting his fresh rations in quickly enough!, cage rage!. It didn't hurt too much, and wouldn't have hurt at all if Id been wearing sleeves.
I pottered in the garden, filled my half barrel, and put my pot of King Cups in, they flower early, but sadly, only once, I brought them back from the Queens gardens at Windsor three years ago, my miniature tulips in the window boxes look like little candle flames, pointed, and yellow with reddish streaks. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:15 am

At Dorothy Gardens they are maintained for us basically the grass is cut, shrubs pruned, but the gardeners do not plant any bulbs, walking around the park shrubs are flowering, the daffs are out and somebody has been and pulled them out and just dumped the flowers it happens each year especially around the time of mothering Sunday, warm today but a cold wind. Nothing has arrived yet. Keeping my eyes peeled. I think they give us nips without thinking. Billie has been very cross today l won't let her go on the floor. I think Billie has eaten her egg because l put 5 dummy nylon eggs in and l counted those this afternoon. Billie has many different levels of bites from blood to bruise. She bite through my fleece jumper. Well l have had dinner 500 calories, who cares? And she is all covered.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:20 am

When we first moved in, many years ago, the front garden was a mess, the guy only ever cut the grass out back and trimmed the shrubbery out back, so tentatively I began with window boxes, then hanging baskets, then adopted the border, the neighbourhood officer came one day and was over the moon, she even had the cheek to ask us to do next doors, No Way Jose!, I can see my garden from both kitchen and sitting room windows.
Frustrating news about Billie, I think it's a good idea to make her wait in purdah, the fact she had taken to trying to hollow out a nest under your chair, proved the new cage wasn't particularly conducive. b-(

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:29 am

The new cage did stop her in her tracks, but she laid two in the new cage. Just have to wait and see what happens. Nothing has come, keep sending.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:18 am

Ms Sanjay was so pleased today because I came home with Guavas, he rewarded me with priddy toons all afternoon, a tad loud, but priddy. I went into town for Eostre gifts for Jack, Isabel and their mummy, and thought Id have a mooch around the market.
It was a mild day, but damp and miserable, some chancer tried to tap me for a tenner!, a tenner forsooth!, I gave him short shrift!, :ymalien:

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:57 am

I say "I do not give to beggars". But l must admit to giving an accordion player a fiver for his efforts the other day in town. Billie is really cheese off she wants to get down on the carpet and scratch but I won't let her instead l dangle on of her toys first to the left and then to the right and she chases it down, l am more exhausted than her, but there was no egg this morning which is good. I went this morning to go for a walk but it was drizzly so l went this afternoon instead.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:46 pm

Sanjay isn't a floor person, just as well, or he might get ideas too. He is getting quite brazen about letting me know how he feels, I offered my wrist today and he flew at it for a nip, luckily I dodged him!. Another recent trait is impatience, he gets frustrated if his needs aren't met immediately, I tell him patience is a virtue, but he doesn't do patience either! ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:07 am

Billie gets impatient too she bangs her bell and babble ball which hang up together. She wants to come out but is constantly scratching the carpet which l do not think is a good sign. When does come out l get her to chase across the carpet first one way and then the other after a toy on a stick, she sits exhausted and does nor respond its all good exercise. Sounds like Sanjay is getting hormonal watch his diet, No starch, cut back on sweet fruits, by the way Billie really enjoys the sprouts she eats these first, seeds next and maybe a pellet when she fancies one. She is chomping on the cuttlefish bone. Again not a good sign, Its 4 days since the last egg. :ympray: I keep looking up and she is watching the TV!!!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:16 pm

Ms Sanjay? Hormonal?, nope. Not displaying any signs, just typical fickle behaviour.
Big clean tomorrow, where does the time go?, seems like only yesterday it was done. Well, thanks to my weightwatchers meals I lost 2lb the first week, and another two this one, I found calorie free sweeteners, and only have two black coffees a day, water the rest of the time, you wouldn't find weightwatcher meals filling enough, I buy sandwich thins, only 99 cals each, instead of Danish bread, they are more versatile.
Ms Sanjay gets a bit miffed because I don't have much to share! ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:41 am

Are you keeping a weight loss Diary? I found recording my weight on commit2lose.com a good way to record my waist and weight weekly, how much are you hoping to lose? 2lbs is excessive I found two oz's a week was a good target. I do my big clean on Fridays, Gosh Billie has gone back into her cage on her own, she scratch when it is dark l covered her with a blanket and she started to scratch, also if I lean my recliner back it opens up the space under the chair and she stops scratching. Weight watchers do a very nice malt bread 99 calories per slice. I only eat a prepared meal on Mondays for a change and sometimes it is a weight watchers meal. Dinner today will be stew and rice, 450 calories. But weekends l have more calories. A daily target is 1500 calories. Some days it is 1400 but weekends more like 1600 calories. The art of losing weight is to keep it off!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:48 am

OOps! It should have been Commit2bfit'co.uk sorry :-o :-o

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:27 am

I've never seen weightwatchers malted, and two pounds a week is exactly right, when I was in the army, I got a dietician friend to write me a diet sheet, it was a "high protein" diet, they call it "the Atkins Diet" nowadays, my aim was to lose a stone in a fortnight, I actually lost Two stone in a week!. I won't do that diet now I'm older because it's hard on the kidneys.
I didn't think a man would find weightwatchers meals filling enough, that you'd.probably need two, because the portions are so tiny.
Anyway, big clean done, now the flat needs a vac and polish, I vac the metal cage tray at the same time. I seem to do more at weekends than during the week, a hangover from when I worked during the week, old habits and all that, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:19 am

If you train the stomach to eat small portions then the Weight Watcher meals are just right. The cage cover has Sky Pet Products embroidered on it but l visited their site and found an awful miss match! Billie is very happy, she is slightly less hormonal every day and today she has spent less time scratching the carpet and more time running around after a toy a I swing back and forth, l get more exhausted then she! I gave my Voyager its weekly clean yesterday. Its a joy not having to wash plastic mats! Billie wont touch the Lychee, I offered her some Lychee seeds on a spoon with Yoghurt she ate the yoghurt and accidentally picked up a lychee seed and spat it out! I covered her with a blanket today immediately she started to scratch the carpet and when she starts to scratch the carpet by my chair l lift the flap to the recliner chair and she stops. Two stone in a week? You must weigh as much as an elephant.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:47 pm

I'm losing 2 Pounds a week, when I enlisted I was two and a half stone overweight and the MO told me to lose the excess. My stepmother only knew how to cook stodge, stodge and more stodge.
Yes, according to Skypets that was supposed to be a Kings (rainforest) cover, suitable for the Voyager.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:34 am

Sky pets had quite a good range of cages, but I did look too far. Billie has been better behaved these last couple of days she is in her cage noshing first her seed bowl and then the fruit bowl and then back to the seed bowl. What a life! Not out of the woods yet but as each day goes by with out an egg my hopes rise that she had finished laying this year. I am hoping she will moult soon, and l am hoping her tail grows longer, 32 0z is a lot to lose in a week! The quicker it comes the quicker it goes back on be careful.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:09 pm

It's just a question of staying on approx a thousand cals a day, no more carbs, i.e biscuits, cakes sweets etc. According to my regime two pounds a week is quite acceptable. It will reach a plateau eventually, they always do, besides, I adore salads. Good news about Billie, fingers crossed she has gone off lay, my grandparents in Ulster had a thunder box at the bottom of the garden, to get to it, we had to go through the yard where the Rhode Island hens were, so, if you left things until the last minute and made a dash for it, my grandfather would go ballistic!, "you'll put the hens off lay!", but I don't actually remember that happening, do you think a good scare would put Billie off?, hide behind the curtains and go "boo!" ?, (poor Billie) ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:22 pm

Boo! Yes poor Billie! She seems better disposed, its just lettering her settle down after the hormones caused all the problems. I kept her locked in while I went to church, but let her out as soon as l got back. Leaving her cage wide open helps her to settle down. How is Sanjay? In spring a young birds fancy turns into dreams of a mate. My downstairs neighbour has got a job! I wondered why she has been so quiet. The flat upstairs next to mine has been repossessed, its now boarded up, nobody has lived in it for years, lets hope the new tenant is nice and quiet.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:54 pm

Ms Sanjay is fine ta, affable today, long may it last.
A neighbour in the house next door moved out before Yuletide, and nobody has been to sort the place out yet, she even left her curtains up and a load of rubbish out back, expecting it to miraculously disappear!. Last time someone moved out, the HA completely gutted the flat, re plastered etc, maybe they're waiting for their budget, usually around April when they get it.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:58 am

We have the same problem, the surveyor came to look at the upstairs flat next door, and I managed to catch him to look at my door frame he thought the repair was good enough to hold if the door if it were kicked but said they should have filled in and dealt with the rough bits, but l may have to wait until April before the work can start.
Billie has been better behaved today still scratching the carpet, but more willing to sit on her cage when l go out. She used to crouch when I put my hand over her head now she knocks it away. She has stopped masturbating on me. I took out the dummy eggs today, she was quite pleased to see them go, she was on the floor but as soon I put my hand in her cage she flew up and watched me remove the dummy eggs.
Watching the cycling takes up a lot of my time, with more big races coming up even less time.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:00 pm

The only sport I watch is Crufts and show jumping, daddi never watched any other sport either, although he played Rugby for the army.
Good news about Billie, at last you are seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Ms Sanjay is into pears and pineapple at the moment, I bought some nectarines today from Lidl, they are a sometime favourite too.
Well, I've lost a few inches from my waist, and I'm not dogged by sciatic pain so much either, usually I'm in agony when I go shopping in spite of pain killers, but today it was brilliant, and the weather was lovely :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:20 am

A strange thing happened this morning, Billie flew directly to my shoulder but moved down and sat on my arm as l was watching TV, she did not want to be stroked every time I lifted my hand to stroke her she moved her head away, since it was still some time before l went shopping so l just sat there, every time l moved she opened her eyes every tome she moved l opened my eyes, this lasted for 30 mins.
I bought her a large card board tube to chase around the floor, and chew if she wants, l also restocked the cupboard with parrot treat sticks. and also a new rope toy which l have put away. I also bought some kiwi fruit, nectarines and plums and put them on a skewer to see if she was interested.
Well done on the couple of inches it is lovely wearing smaller sized clothes, people ask me if l feel better, well l feel the cold more, yesterday l tried to wear some jeans with out my long johns and found it was too cold. I did a major spring clean wash in our communal washing machine it takes 6 lb loads and l did three!!! Billie is on her cage preening.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:10 pm

Funnily enough I have felt colder too, but only in late afternoon. My German landlady couldn't understand spring cleaning, they completely clean one room each day of the week, but they don't have the open fires our parents and grandparents had, so they probably didn't get the dust webs etc. It sounds as though Billie is definitely back to normal now!. Ms Sanjay perches on the door handle and guards it with her life if I want to open the door, I'm going to have to find a way to stop him sitting on it ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:08 am

Billie gets like Sanjay when she is hormonal she will kill me if l touch something she thinks is a nesting site. At the moment l am trying to stop her ripping up the carpet, scratching and bite, she is quite content for me to shoo her way with my hand, and is more than willing to chase a toy across the carpet when l dangle it first one side and when she rushes there, then on the other side, l get more tired than she! I bought a large cardboard tube from Wilko she mostly ignores it the last one she had several years ago she chewed to pieces. She would not go to bed tonight just when l wanted to cook my dinner, well tomorrow l will leave her on the cage while l cook my dinner and then come back and put her to bed. The gas engineers said they would come today, I phoned them on Monday, Tuesday? No I cannot make Tuesday morning. Wednesday? Yes but it was all day, so at 3.30 l phoned them again, "Oh we tried to ring you yesterday but got no answer so the appointment was cancelled! So they are supposed to be coming all day tomorrow another wasted day. I wonder what Sanjay thinks he is doing is he trying to stop you leaving? Billie does that she flies to my shoulder to stop me leaving, so l have to take her with me. They are funny. :))

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:41 am

George, our gas engineer came to service flat 1's boiler today, for the second time, and for the second time Craig had no gas, he spends his benefits on beer, beer and more beer, he is permanently three sheets to the wind, George has warned him, if they can't service his boiler soon, they will cap the supply off, and fine him for missed appointments.
Ms Sanjay just thinks the door handle is his personal perch, but I put the summer curtains up this morning, and he much prefers to hang on to them instead, it was such a glorious day!, I had butterflies and bumbles in my garden, and out back a huge circular patch of deep purple violets!, I just hope the guys don't come and cut the grass until they've finished flowering. x_x

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:17 am

Yesterday l was in jeans but today it is colder so l am wearing my flannels and long johns, Billie either scratches the carpet or bites junks out of it, it I it is an old carpet so l am not worried but she makes an awful mess! One of her rope toys gave up the ghost so l cannibalized it to add to another. She enjoyed a grape this morning eating it right down to the skin mostly she takes a couple of bites and then throws it away! I think you are very daring to hang up you summer curtains, but if it gets Sanjay off the door handle it will be worth the effort. Grape number two half eaten and thrown on the floor, if your gardeners at like ours they wont start until the grass is knee high. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :)
Eurosport get my goat they advertise a cycle race and then show ski jumping! Billie is filling up one her seed bowl and giving me the eagle eye between beak fulls. Number 10 next door had his front door bashed in like mine, but because his flat has been voided they have installed a new frame and door, voids they spend money on but those of us who have been here donks only get the minimum spent on them. The HA want us to move on, they like giving new tenants some nice to live.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:46 am

Reminds me of married quarters, and when the refugees fled Idi Amin and were given empty quarters (70's) we wives couldn't get anything from stores, it had all been given to them. Our HA tarts voids up, but they don't tend to run to new doors.
Miserable today, but not particularly cold, my summer curtains are a light tapestry, and with double glazing plus a radiator in the bay, they're fine. I think Ms Sanjay likes the pattern, and on the subject of grapes, I only give Seeded ones, he likes to bore into the flesh and extract the seeds, which are very nutritious. Hopped on the scales today, and did a treble take, Half a Stone in three Weeks!, no wonder my aches and pains are abating!, I am really happy with that, although I still have a way to go before I get to my "ideal" weight for my height. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:22 am

Since l came off my diet l have put on 8 lbs! Must do better! ~x( Had my dinner early and then put Billie away at 6 pm which is late for her, had an awful time trying to sort out the cover, first it was back to front then it got caught under the wheels then it got soak in Billie's bath but eventually all was done and l toddled off into the BR to do my emails. Etc. Well done on losing weight now keep it off! :ymdaydream:

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:07 pm

Weightwatchers meals suit my pocket and are yummy, silver spoon sweeteners contain zero calories, I will not be returning to old habits, and I won't allow my gp to prescribe steroids or amytriptiline again, I was my ideal weight for years until I was put on them.
Oops!, so I'm not the only one who gets into pickles? :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:09 am

I have never liked vinegar, even salad cream is revolting, pickled onion? :ymsick: Big clean up today Moved Billie's cage to the other side of the room and she has been very well behaved today, not like down stairs the job was pretty short lived unless it is part time Emma always seems to have different boy friends judging from the cars they drive, Billie was sitting on the floor in front f the gas fire lapping up the warmth, and somebody slammed a door downstairs and that spooked her she flew up and sat on the arm of the chair for over half an hour with out moving, now she is back on the floor chewing m slippers. She might be heading for a moult judging from the inner feathers she is discarding.
I like some weight watcher meals but not all. I buy the cheapest sweetener's that are available, Oh" Dear Emma is back to her old ways of shouting people down. Spoke top soon Billie is back to scratching and biting the carpet. Went for a walk this morning cold wind. Looks like a cold snap is coming next weekend. %%-

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:19 pm

I like my home made mayo, I don't add much vinegar at all. Ah yes, St Patricks Day today, and the birthdays of two of my friends.
Big clean tomorrow, and I am definitely Not buying P Off again, expensive and mundane, I'm going back to Cif anti bacterial and a non scratch sponge, it does the job just as well, if not better. It even smells nicer.
Chilly breeze today, but dry, we could do with an over night shower for the garden, I was woken up early by loud voices, my doorbell and then banging on my bedroom window, I was fuming, it was a foreign couple, he was some sort of courier with a parcel for one of the Slobodans, who obviously couldn't be bothered to get out of bed and answer his bell.
As for Ms Sanjay, he dropped his piece of paper a few times today and made a funny little disappointed sound! It was quite funny as well as endearing, %%-

butterfly443

Post by butterfly443 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:58 pm

Hi! Im new to thia and cant figure out how to post a question lol any tips? Maybe ill try with you lol i just got a baby indian ringneck, i got a three week old but brought him back because he seemed to be sick, i pocked an older bird from a different clutch. This one appears to be about 5 weeks old according to the feathers but he tried to bite us non stop!!! What shoudl i do besides let him bite me and not react? Ive had this new bird 2 days now...

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:51 am

Whoa!, How old?, that is way too young!. My bird was 8 wks old when I bought him.
Firstly, your bird sounds semi feral, which means, like mine, it was aviary hatched and parent reared. Secondly, you need to let your chickster settle in, minimum contact, just sit next to the cage, talk and sing, eat your meals, and allow your bird to become curious and bold. Keep your hands out, just do the bare minimum of perch wiping, putting fresh water and rations in,but don't let your bird out for at least a week, they need to acclimatise, a frightened bird can easily fly into something and injure or kill itself. Biting is one of of two things Angst (Fear) or as a reaction to something you're doing which it doesn't like.
Concentrate on introducing fresh fruit and veg, stay calm and quiet, eventually, and surprisingly quickly your bird will accept treats from your fingers through the bars, and "kisses" too. Ms Sanjay loves walnut pieces.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:47 am

That is the problem with living downstairs couriers knock on your door, we have 20 flats here and flat 15 gets all the post stupid postmen cannot deliver as our common house number is 15! Good advice! I wish newbies would read more but who am l to complain? I made the same mistakes by crashing onto peoples posts/

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:08 pm

I am gutted, I dropped Ms Sanjays anti splash water bowl today in the kitchen, and it smashed, I've ordered a new one from NP, but could have done without the expense, I prefer the anti splash because the water doesn't leave the cage.
Anyway, I don't understand these so called breeders letting chicks go at a very young, vulnerable age, especially to the inexperienced owner, at least Ms Sanjays breeder delivered him, so she could check out the environment etc, it's just a pity she lied about gender.
The Croats upstairs had a barney earlier, their language sounds similar to Russian, I wonder if it Is Russian?, I was woken at 5am several years ago, Dan and Mimo were arguing, So I banged on my bedroom ceiling with a pole, and they went quiet. Oh the joys of sharing a house with other tenants, %-(

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:52 am

I know the feeling, at least we have a land lord who tries to do something about noise although it does take time, however a timely reminder to tenant that they are not the only ones sharing the house does not go amiss, Friday night about 11.30 l could hear Emma and her friends sounded like two males and two females talking loudly, l put ear plugs in and turned on my radio ClassicFM but l could not hear it! I went back to sleep, l awoke at 2.30, and went to check the plumbing and they were still talking so l turned up the volume and went back to sleep at 4 am it was all quiet downstairs Emma had left with her friends, last night it was very quiet. We had a letter about noise about two months ago and things have been reasonably quiet since then, the worst offender lives in the block next door, but even Everton the noise maker has been quieter. Hurrah.
Time to get a water bottle for Ms Sanjay it keeps the water beautifully clean. Billie is much larger than Ms Sanjay and although the Voyager is bigger she would not be able to stretch her wings for a good wash if she had a bowl in the cage, sometimes when the cage is against the door away from the window l do put the water bowl in her cage but she never uses it so l do not do that anymore. It is not only pet shops who are irresponsible but the good news is that pet shops are regulated and frequently inspected by not only RSPCA but also the council who hold the license. The pet shop l worked for lost its license for selling puppies under age they got a partial license back after l passed the City of London Guilds Pet shop and animal husbandry course, but we still could not sell dogs or cats.
Billie wants attention she us scratching the carpet, and pulling tufts out of the pile. I shall have to stop. Never let Ms Sanjay go on the floor it is hell!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:58 am

Wild horses couldn't drag him down to the floor!. Ms Sanjay wouldn't know how to use a water bottle, besides, he likes to wash his face in the water too!, he has his spray bottle, which reminds me, he could do with a new one.
I used ear plugs when the drug dealers and alcoholics lived here, I wouldn't be able to sleep with a radio on, now it is lovely and peaceful, so I just take my Nytol and pain killers and I'm out like a light. It's very windy here today, I've had to stake my Crown Imperials, found dozens of tiny "Strawberry snails" on my Erysiniums, so I've put Erazure down in places cats and birds can't see it. I had an e mail from NP within an hour or so of ordering yesterday, to say it's been dispatched, I'd better leave the main door open tomorrow so postie can leave it outside my flat door if he's got it, I can't see a courier bringing it, I'm always taking in and signing for parcels for the Croatians, but they Never return the favour,
Looks as though Billie has gone off the boil at last!.
We rescued a beautiful male Samoyed, he'd been beaten etc, his owners had bought him through a pet superstore, when we got his paperwork from the Kennel Club, he was Welsh Puppy Farm bred, so, people can still Order puppies etc through pet stores!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:32 am

I am blessed here several of my neighbours will take parcels in, even Emma! Talking of here reminds me she worked 4 days last week and then had Friday off, l want to see here working this week other wise l shall have to chide her about losing her job so quickly, the job centre arranged it for her.
She is very quiet this afternoon. Sometimes l worry when she is too quiet at what might be in store. When l was a kiddie l slept through doodle bug bangs then the V1's. You never heard the rockets except for the sudden blast, us little kids never had a chance at picking up some Nazi stuff all the older kids got in first it was the same with the doodlebugs, which fell short and landed all around us. Even today I am a heavy sleeper. I thought Crown Imperials were peppermints? NP are pretty quick.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:31 am

You're thinking of Mint Imperials, lol!, Crown Imperials or "Kaisers Helmet" are giant Fritillaria, stunning, they tower over the daffs and tulips, they smell like cannabis tho', which keeps cats and foxes away, but may give passers by the wrong impression!.
Yes, NP are good ,so are Scarletts, the blitz was way before my time, my siblings remember it, they were living in Liverpool at the time, but the Germans had worse, Paderborn where we were stationed was completely flattened, my landlady's husband was in the Luftwaffe, he was killed in action and left her with three young children to bring up, the camp was previously the German Cavalry HQ, Hitler would stay at Schloss Neuhaus, because it was situated between the barracks in Paderborn and the training grounds in Sennelager, probably why Sennelager itself consisted mainly of beir kellars!.
Were you evacuated? ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:26 am

Excavated? :-o No, my grandparents lived in Buckleberry in Bucks where else, l spent many a happy month on Leonards farm, they sent me out to the privy to warm up the seat for the farmer! It was my job to feed the chickens and my favourite l called Matilda but l was too young to understand the pecking order, the other hens grabbed Matilda's grain so l locked them in the shed but the farmer got the shock of his life when a dozen very angry hens flew out and attacked him as he opened the door, l got quite a telling off! But my bête noir was when Matilda was grabbed by the farmers wife around her neck, the chickens neck not the farmer's wife's neck! And she chopped Matilda's head off, everybody at dinner were saying what a lovely succulent chicken, but from that day until today l cannot eat chicken! I remember well the pump in the yard it had a big handle and in the winter l was made to stand under it until l was pronounced clean then l was wrapped in warm towels and lifted into the kitchen to be dried in front of the range. But in the summer l was expected to run around to get dried!
A good cure for siblings is carbolic soap, rammed down their throats, which reminds me l was made to say over and over again "thirty three thousand feathers on a Thornton Heath's thrushes throat." To make sure l said my th's with my tongue between my teeth. :-s oops wrong one should have been. :-s I cannot make up mind whether Emma went to work or not there was a lot of door banging about the right time this morning but l thought l heard some one moving down stairs. Anyway l played my organ loudly. Billie is in her cage preening she loves a chase around I tie the remains of a rope toy onto as stick and sweep it side to side while she dashes about l get quite puffed just watching her, if l do not give her the attention she scratches my carpet and pulls tufts out, she is looking at me, oh dear here she comes, got to go, bye! :-!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:25 am

Reminds me of my maternal grandparents place in Ulster, the pump would freeze in winter, and we had to break the ice on the rain barrel to wash, one of the chicks hatched with just one leg, I wanted to adopt it, but grandad shut it in a shed with it's mama to "take care of"
I bought Ms Sanjay a shreddable toy from wilko, but the hook was useless, so he sat on his perch with it pinned down by one foot/hand, inevitably he dropped it, so I took it to put a decent hook on, and could hear plaintive little noises!, he was ever so pleased to get it back!.
Boots printed off my photos, and I found an Edwardian style photo album in a charity shop for one pound fifty!, beautifully illustrated pages, of flowers etc, ideal for my ancestral photos.
It teemed down this morning, but the sun is out now, it's Ostara today, the Pagan Easter, (Vernal Equinox), and the clocks spring forward on Sunday :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:29 am

Get up early on Sunday, when l put Billie to bed at 5 pm tonight l said Goodnight Billie and she grunted and tweeted which is a first. But she is a pain when she wants me to play with her she pulls tufts out of the carpet and scratches. Parrots is out, some interesting articles 'Hard core aggression Pt 2'
A parrots digestive system, The holistic parrot is interesting and there is an advert from Garden Feathers, all in all a good read.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:54 am

Garden Feathers e mailed me their newsletter today, but my parrot mag wasn't in.
Ms Sanjay answers me when I say hello, when I've been in the shower etc and come back in he says hello. But those plaintive little noises today were really sweet. (please don't throw my toy away!).
I Never get up early on Sundays!, we both have a lay in, partly because I don't want Ms Sanjay waking the neighbours with his dawn sing song. He tends to join in with the wild birds.
Some of the photos are too small, but I will stick them to card in pairs, but I won't cut down the ones which are too big, I shall have to get my thinking cap on, :ymsigh:

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:07 pm

What photo's? Billie takes ages to wake up, l go into the LR and say Good morning Billie, several times. No answer is the stern reply after the third or fourth Good morning l hear movement she does not like to be caught on her sleeping perch but goes down to guard the bottom of the cage. I ordered a kabob from GF today got keep them busy. B-)

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:15 pm

Still not as cheap as Wilko toys.
The photos my cousin once removed sent, including the one I shared with you, goodness! Your memory!.
I might give garden feathers schmanzy parrot food a try out on himself, it's time Ms Sanjay tried something different. b-(

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:45 am

Could not find lady with Hormonal parrot on Introduce yourself do you want to borrow my specs?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:31 am

It's the one further down, where IRN is spelled "Iron", and I think the owner is male, search amongst the Spam! It goes something like "pretty baby IRON" etc, bon chance

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:13 pm

I am Sick and Tired of the spam in these forums, Nothing gets done about it, no matter How Many times I report it!.
Craig in Flat 1 screamed abuse at one of the Slobodans this afternoon because his smoke alarm went off four times, boy has that guy got a temper!, he drove the last tenant out of Flat 3 by screaming abuse over a dropped bowl of water, no wonder he came from the homeless shelter, his parents obviously kicked him out!, he threatened to report the Croatians, maybe I should have reported Him for snorting cocaine out the back, or for being permanently bladdered!.
Have you noticed? But when Sanjay settles for a kip, he draws his wings up so they cover his ears, I expect All birds do this, it must be effective because he doesn't hear me when his ears are covered.
Those poor people in London!, especially the families of those who died, ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:38 pm

Terrible news. Billie totters when she is sleeping l think she is about to fall over, but jerks awake at the last moment. I have had second thoughts about buying a plastic mat, it won't stop her from scratching. Playing chase is the best answer.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:38 pm

One of our female German Shepherds would doze off sitting up!, another went senile in old age, she'd go out into the garden and forget why she was out there, come back in, and suddenly remember she needed to pee. Later on, her eyesight got quites bad, and she would sit in front of the washing machine thinking it was the fridge!.
Your reply miraculously reappeared, further up the page! :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:04 am

Good. Always pleased to help. Billie was sitting on the table near my shoulder, then she lay down with her belly flat on the table! A little later she just sat there staring at me, every time l looked up she was staring at me. I did not buy a mat today because her scratching has lessened dramatically
We have had several run a rounds which she seems to enjoy. The kabob arrived and she had a little chew but now it is neglected, She is preening on her sleeping perch.
Its sad really we reply to calls of help but never hear another word, its also sad that so many old faithfuls have gone too, just us holding the fort.
Spammers are having a field day Elliectrons used to clear the spam, l have offered to clear spam but the mods seem to hang onto their baby and hate intruders, there was a thriving organ society with 27 members regularly passing on their music but the woman who organised it all suddenly had other commitments and when l offered to help by taking on her job she was most rude, and now no one exchanges music. Sad.
Today must be a sad day, but just cheer myself up l might pm the old faithfuls or answer a load of posts. At least Sanjays mummi is an old faithful" :ymhug:

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:57 pm

Oi! Not so much of the old! :-bd
Oh goody, Billie seems back to her "old" self.
I think they give up hope, expecting more replies, hoping people with tons of experience etc, and nada, maybe the previous members don't have their "fids" anymore?, or that Huge debate over wing clipping caused too many bad feelings, who knows?.
My other forums are very quiet, no spam at all, but I think they'd rather communicate on Facebook, too many strange folk on there for me. ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:14 am

Yes l do not like Facebook and Twitter either lets stick to IRN.com with spam. Monty Python had the right idea. Big clean up today and l moved the cage back to the bay window this morning but Billie was sitting well lying actually her chest and beak on the table, she seemed to be saying she wanted the cage back on the other side of the room so l moved everything except her mirror back. I quite the cage there because all l have to do is lift my eyes to see here.
Are you watching the Last Kingdom? Its a load of rubbish so far on episode two. Cold wind when l went for a walk oh no she wants a bed time run around. :-o

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:11 am

No, I forgot it was on, but, tbh, they mess about with history too much, a lot of the time. It annoys me.
Big clean up tomorrow, but my goodness, the state of my kitchen in the sunlight!, I was horrified!, that's the problem with dark winter days, it disguises the grot.
Ms Sanjay Never lays down, it's hard to visualise her doing that!, he chucks his nuts overboard again, so I shall make him go without for a few days, he will soon be clucking for one! :-bd

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:47 pm

Today we had the big clean, and Ms Sanjay was up to mischief nibbling wallpaper again! ^#(^
I helped William next door in the privately owned flats to shift a heavy unit in, his hobby is antiques, and he has some fabulous pieces, a Georgian console table with lion head handles to die for, he used to be a drag queen,, talks with a falsetto voice, wears ladies jewellery, and I spotted a pair of blue stilettos, considering his bulk I'm surprised he can wear them, this guy works for children's services!.
It was a gorgeous day here, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:45 am

My friend Anthony was a Tv he wore high heel a big hat with large brim and a false bra with women's gear to Cheltenham races on Ladies day, but he was more of a Kenny Everett character with beard, we used to go into charity shops he would say l was his kind uncle and l called him mother. "Come along Mother!" His last words to me before he died in Prison were "Love you my way!"
Perhaps Ms Sanjay will fly down and pick up her dropped nuts, Billie wanted loads of goodnight kisses before she was ready for bed. She was riding on my shoulder when l walked into the bedroom, with out thinking l bent down and then looked up the window was open with the nets drawn back, stupid of me. She could easily have made a dash for freedom. She is very affable and lets me rough house her.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:51 am

Ms Sanjay would tear chunks out of me! ^#(^
I take my life in my hands tickling and kissing him!
William doesn't go out in ladies clobber, he wears jogging bottoms, tee shirt and fleece, with gaudy costume jewelery and a hair band, when I worked professionally as Tarot reader, I had a very Butch gruff caller one night who called himself "Christine", I didn't know whether to use a King or a Queen card for his significator, confused?, I think he was, more than me.
Ms Sanjay wants his cover, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:03 am

Billie is getting later but not as late as Ms Sanjay, last night she went to be bed at 5 pm BST, I think Emma went to work this morning but l could hear a door closing from time to time and she puts her cat out to fend for its self all day but l cannot see it, the old bird cage l threw out and one of my neighbours collard it, he cleaned it up and sold it to Emma down stair what a cat woman wants with a bird cage beats me. To stop Billie scratching my carpet I give her a squirt from the water bottle, that stops her! I got into a lot of trouble from other IRN-ers from using it as a punishment a couple of years ago, but they have lone gone.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:23 pm

It's common amongst dog people, but we never used a squirty bottle, I find an "Oi!" Or "stoppit!" usually works with Ms Sanjay.
Whatever works, it's horses for courses. I've never had an early bird, bedtime or mornings, but it's never been a problem, I don't know where the day went, it's flown!, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:23 am

Nearly five years a member! Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing? :D

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:34 am

I "lurked" on here before actually joining, can't remember when that was!, senior moments are all too frequent nowadays.
I cannot understand why newbies don't Look on here before asking questions, the answers are all here, is it laziness?.
I was planning to go to the market today, but there really was no need, Ms Sanjay is well stocked up from Mondays shop, I've ordered Red millet from Parrot Essentials, to give him a change, before I got Ms Sanjay I was considering a red factor canary, but they have to have special red food, or they revert back to yellow, I wonder if Ms Sanjay will turn red? Oo'er! ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:11 am

Both they want instant answers. My art teacher used to say "Dirty muddy colours!" When l mixed red and greens together, Ms Sanjay might go Orange [-x :ar!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:04 pm

Coo! That would be fun! MsTango!, \:D/
The amount of peppers he eats I'm surprised he isn't red!, that would be fun too!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:52 am

I bought Billie a red/green/yellow pepper but she ignored them all, l drew the curtain to keep out the sun and she is yelling her head off either she thinks it s bed time or biscuit time must go.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:00 am

No it was not a biscuit it was the curtains so I opened them and she stopped yelling.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:06 am

There is only one biscuit she will eat and that is Miltons, it is made in Canada and she only gets a nibble because l eat the rest.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:25 am

Never heard of them, but I don't buy biscuits anymore, they can be too moreish!.
Ms Sanjay was very patient today, waiting for his fresh rations, I couldn't let him out because I was expecting a delivery, so as a reward, I gave him fresh figs and blackberries. It's a pity Billie won't eat peppers, they are stacked with Vit A, as well as C, and birds need Vit A for their eyesight. I close my curtains when he is out, because he chomps my bamboo blinds!, ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:31 am

They call them Crackers, Asda do not sell them so l have to go to Tesco. Weight watchers says there is no such thing as one biscuit! A couple of months ago l bought a shoe stretcher because some of my summer shoes are a bit tight. But now l cannot think where l put it. I thought l might have stashed it with the summer clothes and as it was such a nice day l dragged them out but oh dear they are so flimsy l would die of frostbite if l wore them now so l packed them back up again however l did rescue some items l need another box marked "Spring/Autumn" for in between clothes. And no the shoe stretcher was not there.