I lost my lovebird Indy this morning

A place for us to talk about the loss of a pet, even if not a ringneck. A place to grief and receive information and support from our family. Memorialize your pet by posting a picture and sharing information about your baby.

Moderator: Mods

ambros1a

I lost my lovebird Indy this morning

Post by ambros1a »

I used to come here quite often, but since having my daughter have only been able to check in a few times.
For those that remember me, i had 2 IRN's Baby (who flew away just before christmas) Archimedes, adn Indiana aka Indy.
this morning we had an accident with a door (he was on top, it was closed...) and within seconds my little baby birdie was gone. i know he wasnt a baby, he was more like a grumpy old man, but we loved him so much.
My partner is devastated as he was the one closing the door, not thinking.
We have started to say our goodbyes to him (as he went cold in our hands) and have wrapped him in a facewasher all snug (that was my insistence) and placed into a small container into the freezer.
I am looking into having him cremated as we will move from here in a few months and i cant bear to leave him behind, buried in this yard. I refuse to throw my old mate into the bin like garbage.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Thanks for listening anyways.
Emma
aka ambros1a
pinkdevil

Re: I lost my lovebird Indy this morning

Post by pinkdevil »

Oh that is so sad :(

Sorry for your loss. I think cremating is a great idea. Especially when renting or moving.
julie

Post by julie »

sorry for your loss. Accidents happen (even to humans) so please tell your partner not to beat himself up over it.
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

Thanks for the sympathy :) ive been so sad today, making dealing with my little girl hard, but im somehow getting through it.
Ive tried to tell him hes not to blame, but he does blame himself.
Cremation is expensive ive found. Around $200. They would pick him up and take him away, bringing his ashes back in a small box with a cremation certificate, claw print and some feathers for memories. I dont quite know if we can afford this though unfortunately.
He will have to stay in his frozen tomb for a little while, so we can decide the right course of action.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

Its sad to hear about your lovebird.

Have you considered perhaps burying him in the forest (if there is one not too far away)? We buried our little friend there last month. We put him in a south side view, with lots of sun and I uprooted a yearling and planted that tree over him. We didnt exactly mark it, but we used the landscape to navigate there again last week. His grave was undisturbed and I was surprised. We were worried a fox would get to him but I guess he was buried deep enough.

I just thought it might help you too. As I live in an apartment and have no yard.
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

We have decided no matter the cost, we will have him cremated. They are coming on monday morning to pick him up. I will have his ashes back on wednesday morning.
Today i went and got pictures of him printed and put some in a large frame, with some details added in via my scrapbooking stickers. I put some feathers on there too. I found heaps around his cage, which i havent brought myself to clean out yet. The bell and ball/bead he used to love, he would try and feed it, hump it... i have for now stuck it to the photo frame, but when we have his ashes back i will put it on top of the box.
We didnt want him buried, because we dont think we will be able to get to visit him often, this way, in a way, he will always be here with us.
Its never nice to lose one of our family, he was one of my kids/fid before i had my baby.
i miss him terribly.
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

This is really hard. The funeral home comes in the morning to take my baby away for cremation. they should be bringing him back on wednesday.
We plan to buy a tall table, put his little box on there with his favorite perch and little rope and wood man he rubbed his head on endlessly.
Inside his box with his ashes i have a bunch of feathers i found in and around his cage to put in. i also have some of the thready he used to chew on. Little balled up ends where he would turn it over and over in his beak. They will go in the box along with some of his shredded pieces of paper. I also got a photo frame and put 8 of his photos in there with a few feathers. i plan on having it by his table.
its hard going on without him and missing his sounds.
It will get easier, eventually.

How i miss you Indy.
Its not goodbye forever.
Just for now.
Farzana Yesmin

Post by Farzana Yesmin »

Sorry for lost.Life is full of straggle. Sometime you lose or sometime You gain.Never get too much upset.I hope, your Indy will come in other form =(( =((