Billie2

Moderator: Mods

sanjays mummi

Re: Billie2

Post by sanjays mummi »

Wilko usually has bundles of willow twigs. I have found the liberta voyager 2nd generation online, Fifty pounds cheaper than NP!, I got their catalogue today.
We used to give the dogs sulphur for their coats and for keeping them cool in hot weather, it isn't exactly toxic.
Had a she dog of a morning, when I went to pay for my shopping in tesco my card was declined, and two ATM's declined it too, I did all my yuletide shopping online yesterday, and the bank stopped my card because they thought it was "fraudulent activity", they kept me waiting 30 minutes to get the bar lifted!, stress!
Now I'm scared to order the new cage in case it happens again!. It was very cold and damp today, I told Sanjay he is very lucky to be warm and dry inside, I feel sorry for his wild cousins sometimes. ^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I had a card declined when l was in ASDA l had to leave all my shopping rush home and get a credit card to pay the bill.
Also Santander refused a credit card transaction for £1500 because it was an unknown trader and yet a MBNA card for the same trader to-pay pay £3000 went through. What with an update l paid £9600 in all for my Compact Theatre Jubilee organ . Recently one was advertised for sale used £1600. There was only 6 made.

After reading about cleaning cages in Parrots, l scrubbed all the wooden perches the cage looked quite bare without them poor Billie was wandering around in a daze, but as l put then back in one was very fiddly and she managed to land a bite on my finger, blood every where, still hurts.

This evening l was surfing the net from Firefox and l picked up a bug, but sorted it out myself by restarting Firefox in safe mode and deleting the page that was giving me all the trouble, now everything hunky dory. #:-s
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

All sanjays perches are wood with the exception of two plastic and two small toenail file ones, I take them all out at least once a month and soak them in soapy water and rinse them in very very diluted lemon juice water, then I dry with kitchen towel and pop them on a radiator to dry thoroughly. But the cage itself is just too much now I have no help, it's way too high and way too deep, with far too many dirt trapping crevices. The Voyager will still give him the width for flitting and flying, but it's shorter, and because it is square it will be easier to reach the back bars. I will be able to assemble it ok, but I dread taking the big one apart, it will probably take me several hours, then I will pay the council to take it, and the packaging from the voyager away.
So I'm not fussing too much about cleaning, just doing the daily wipe downs etc, as I hope to order the new one tomorrow. Daddi had thousands in the bank and we spent big, this cage was 400 quids for instance, we bought a new cooker, washer dryer and fridge freezer all in one day, did our cards get stopped?, No!.
Naughty Billie, fancy biting the hand that feeds her!, Sanjay tut tutted when I told him. =:)
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I do my best at cleaning but Billie is a mucky bid she poops all over her cage. Recently we have got a routine as l get the dishes ready she calls me when is about to poop but is she is not on the wing of the cage l use a perch and put her up there she gives me a dark look [-x But when she poops clear of the cage l give her a round of applause and tell her what a good girl she is, but when she does not l just say rude words at her.

My Pavilion Vista computer kept blowing a 13 amp fuse but l accidentally put an old one back in the plug and it is working no there must be something packing up inside, still there is only 6 months to go and MS withdraw their support. I have a Surface pro 4 laptop as a replacement but the screen is a bit small.

The last cage which Billie came with l put out with some help from a friend and it was gone within half an hour, it was the same with a 32 "TV half an hour later it was gone. The 32 " TV l gave Emma was 8 years old in January and it is still going strong. This is her fourth TV in two years, she bought a microwave which has stopped working, she says she is unlucky with electrical items.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Maybe she has gremlins, because I have, guess what? My boiler died again today, the circuit board melted, the guy begged his boss for a new one, but No, it's costing more to repair than what a new one would cost!.
The good news is Sanjays new cage and cover are being delivered tomorrow by an overnight express company, garden feathers had sold out so I ordered from Ideas 4 pets, still cheaper than NP and Scarletts, three free toys included!.
Argos are delivering a halogen heater this evening, they cost 10p an hour less than fan heaters, and reviews are very positive. I can regulate the heat too, and just have it on low,
I know as much about computers as I do about mechanics, absolute zilch, as long as they do their job that's all I'm interested in!,
Sanjay isn't messy, thankfully, but he chucks bits of food around, they all do, he actually goes loo before leaving his cage, and doesn't go again until he is back inside, considering the nasty green slime that comes out of the bigger parrot species, I don't find his do's offensive at all. :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

The Landlord owns my boiler and he pays for an annual check and any repairs needed. We have a communal wash room,
with washing machine and tumble drier a dry or a wash cost 70p. Emma had a £1 door mat stolen from her front door and years ago l had a Christmas wreath stolen half an hour after l nailed it to my front door the thieves even steal off the rotary drier, Nasty lot around here.

What will you do erect the cage first and take down the old one, remember do not do the crews and nuts up tight then you can move the cage about to get it to fit together, after you can do the nuts up tight.

We get our windows washed every fortnight and the gardener cuts the grass and trims the hedges all in the service charge. #:-s
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Phew! Four Hours!, some of the screw holes were devils to line up, Sanjay had fun exploring his new abode, and the space!, goodness, the palace took up a lot of room, at the moment himself is happily ensconced, he had trouble sussing out his new coop cups, the palace is a problem, daddi screwed in a couple of screws really tightly, and I'm struggling, it's absolutely filthy in places you wouldn't believe!, glad to see the back of the monster, to be honest. The new toys which came with it are muchly appreciated too, he was eyeing them up as soon as I unpacked them.
Anyway, my washer dryer is economical, and cuts down on ironing, the grass gets cut sort of regularly and the shrubs pruned, cleaners weekly, windows once a month, service charge pays, annual gas service and free repairs too.
The halogen heater is great but blindingly bright, I only needed one bar on. Better get on, I don't want the old cage in my sitting room all night!. :ympeace:
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Well done! Can you move the palace intact outside? Somebody might see it and take a shine to it and carry if away whole, have you thought of selling it on Amazon? I think Billie is lumbered with this cage, it is easy to clean the plastic tray and base are a doddle, it is only the bottom of the bars that are difficult to clean. Maybe Poop off will do the trick l must get some more.

A long time ago a neighbor had some chickens in an old hen hutch and she bought this new one and pushed the chicken inside and then set light to the old one as the flames went out she let the chickens come out and they made a bee line to the old hutch site and sat in the hot embers! Is Sanjay willing to give up his old home? When l bought the is cage for Billie l was worried she would not move but as soon as it was erected she went inside and l slammed the door shut and with the help of a neighbour put the old one out intact (Without its bowls and perches) and half an hour later it was gone!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Goodness no, it wouldn't have gone through the doors!, those two screws weren't screwed in too tight, they had rusted in! And now I have doubts that it was a genuine Liberta, the boxes said it was, but it didn't have a certificate, or little Liberta "badge" on ths cage, the bars were thinner too, the quality nowhere near as good as this one, yet daddi paid Liberta price for it.
I phoned bulk collections at the council today, the woman said someone will have to come out and give an estimate because it ain't furniture etc, I told her there was no problem with the last cage!, that was a corner cage too. And she said they won't take the cardboard packaging from the new one!, again, they did last time!, I will see what the guy says when he comes.
Boiler is working nicely, the guy who came was the one who attended that leaking one upstairs in March, he said it had been leaking since the night before, and he was very angry with the Croats, The halogen heater hardly touched the cost of electricity!, Very very cheap to run.
Sanjay didn't want to come out today, he was very reluctant, sat on the open door making fizzing noises!, and couldn't wait to go back in, so methinks he likes it, and that is a huge relief!, :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

WD40 is good for rusted in screws. Frees them in 10 minutes, Councils can be so obtuse the metal cage must be worth a bob or two in scrap metal, maybe a dealer would take it for nothing, Billie and I sat in the gloom this morning I turned on the gas fire and was sitting in the dark when she squeaked so l uncovered her, gradually if got lighter, When l did the seeds l put the sprouts on top and she came down to eat her breakfast and catching my eye she carefully lifted each sprout up and dropped it on the floor! She did eat some.

I broke the tag on the zip and went through all the boxes looking for a split ring, l found one eventually but she watched me intently, especially the plastic eggs. l could hear her saying "That's where you hid them!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Split rings are very handy little gizmo's, they have hundreds of uses. I did think of contacting a scrap metal dealer, but it's powder coated iron, so I wasn't sure. The love affair continues, he is so enamoured he doesn't go straight for his fresh rations anymore, but bizzies about the cage, playing with toys, clambering and flitting about!. I bought a rainforest cover, it's very thick, but as it entails pulling the cage out to put it on, I'm still using the black cotton king size sheet, folded in half. Some folk leave the cover on the cage and just fold it back, but it would be heavy to wash, so he's got another sheet on a curtain wire around the sides and back, to protect the wallpaper, like before.
Storm Angus forecast for tonight, batten down the hatches!! :-!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

People asked me in Church did l; hear the storm last night? "No!" I reply "I did not hear a thing sleep like a log beside l am going deaf and cannot hear my neighbour's noise any more unless it us very loud. There is another storm coming Monday night. So Sanjay like his new cage, is it smaller? Nobody was worried about the cage l put out some idiots think that metal is metal and must be worth a bob or two, besides the old cage had home made perches and odd stainless steel bowls, so l think it was a cast off then. I bought a Hamster cage to carry Billie to the vet and l fashioned a perch out of an old perch which itself was fashioned out of a broom handle, but the vet took it out and l did not get it back so the next time l took Billie down she had two proper twig perches and the Vet ignored those!

I use Fleece blankets l bought from Kleenex they were quite cheap a double cost £35 and a single £20, they keep her nice and warm on cold nights, as soon as l go into the LR in the mornings I turn on the gas fire. I refused to have central heating because of shingles and sorus and other allergies. I was looking at a cotton black out cover for Billie's cage £200 they can stuff that!

I gave up trying to protect the wall paper ages ago it has a very interesting pattern called Pomegranate splatter! She was sitting on her cage front this morning ready to poop all over the cage so l grabbed a spare perch and shoved it under her she had no option but to climb on it and l moved her to the wing just in time and she pooped clear of the cage but she gave me a really dirty look.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjays covers are simple black flat sheets from Primark, cotton. What heats your water if you don't have Central Heating?. I get instant hot water. Anyway, yes, the Voyager is a lot smaller, it's just a bit taller than me and I'm 5'5", and approx 3 to 4 ft wide, about a foot deep, the palace was over 6ft high, about 5ft deep, I could stand inside it. A lot of wasted space, because he never climbed down to the lower half. I procrastinated about downsizing as I thought it would be cruel, and wanted to be fair to him, but he just loves it!, he can flit but not fly, but he gets daily play out anyway, and has a good soar. Finally, I can clean it thoroughly Every day, no lick and a promise, with a half day jobbie every fortnight. We got heavy rain last night and today, but nothing like the storm they forecast. I loathe these dark evenings, it starts getting dark at 15.30, :ymsick:
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

WOW! I thought you were unusual now l know it 5.5 high is okay but 3 to 4 feet wide is taking the biscuit and a foot deep is just a porky! I have a gas boiler that makes really hot water it almost scalds me but l mix it with cold and it makes a decent shower, it is on the winter setting which means it constantly switches on boils the water and switches off again, and all l need do is turn the hot tap on and out comes hot water but in the summer l have it on a summer setting and the boiler is off but when l turn on the hot tap it has to run for ages before the water gets hot.

Billie was very hormonal today, going down on the outside of her cage trying to get to the floor but not succeeding. She wanted a lot of shoulder carries, and holds her head up for a neck scratch. But thank goodness she is not chomping on the cuttlefish bone. In the mornings she likes to help fold the covers she holds the middle while l fold in the ends, but she wont let go so l have to waggle he up and down many times before she lets go. This morning she was very good and went up to the wing before pooping clear of the cage.

It is a joy to have a cage that is easy to keep clean, this cage is a bit on the small side but spends all day with it folded out, even when l go shopping she is out. It rained here all day and l could not go for a walk, tomorrow is shopping day l think l will go into Wilko tomorrow sne see what they have got.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

There's a picture of his old cage, Liberta Raleigh in Parrots magazine, the cleaning article was a bit like teaching granny how to suck eggs, but he/she forgot to mention how dirty perches can cause eye infections when they wipe their beaks on them after eating.
Tipped down all day here, too, shopping was not a good experience, but that's it for another week. Lidl had (brussel) flower sprouts, and Sanjay likes them. He has discovered he still has a roof to play on, and chucked a cat ball, it landed on the TV cabinet, he flew across, picked it up and flew back to the roof with it in his beak. That's a first!.
I took your advice and e mailed a scrap dealer, he replied, promising to help. So, thanks for the idea.
Wilko had a good stock of seed bars, annoys me they get special Christmas stuff in for cats and dogs, but not for birds or small pets. I have ordered a new wavy mineral perch, Sanjay had one on the inside of his door, and would hop on to it for tickles, it was so worn and tatty I threw it away, he'd had it years, I found a replacement on Amazon, we got the old one from the pet superstore in Henlow. It's iodine and calcium, and he often had a nibble.
Oh, goodness, I Do hope Billie isn't going to start laying again after last years problems, you'd think the suture would have put her off! ^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Yes the cage climbing outside is a signal, but she tried it several times today, l do not think she is looking for a nest other signs are missing, no paper shredding, no cuttle fish bone chomping, no sitting on the floor of the cage. However it cannot be dismissed so l have checked her diet again and cut out starch (no bread) and sweet things, She has herself gone off figs she liked the Bursa figs but the recent ones are called honey dew and she does not like them. I cut out corn cobs, but she does love milking a pear, she rips bit off and sticks out her tongue and soaks up the juice.

Wilko wont have any willow sticks until January according to the manager, l bought three wicker balls for her to play with, and put one in the cage for tonight, she does love a play before going top sleep. i-) Have you taken down the old cage or is it still assembled, the dealer might take it in one piece.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

As I explained, the Raleigh would never have gone through the doors, and it took several hours to dismantle and put outside, a couple of the screws had rusted in.
The weather is still no better, goodness knows when the rain will cease!. I saw the wicker balls, but they wouldn't last five seconds once Sanjay got his beak on them!. His cage barely needed cleaning today, just a wipe over and change of newspaper lining. I don't know myself! :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I saw the Liberta ad for the Palace, but have not found Raleigh yet, what was the name of your new one? It rained here all day too, did my laundry and threw out the rubbish so settled for a nice afternoon in the arm chair, Billie wanted to go to bed at 1.30 so l covered her up but an hour later she was beeping so l partially uncovered her and opened the curtains but at 3 l covered her back again, she was happy with this. :D
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

"the palace" was my nickname for the Liberta Raleigh, due to it's humungous size, his new home is a Liberta Voyager 2nd edition,
What an amazing day, out of the blue a cousin once removed, granddaughter of my uncle bob, contacted me for information about my grandparents, she is on Ancestry.com, now I know what my gt grans maiden name was, when my grandparents married, and she has even sent me photos, and photos of documents, the spooky part is that today would have been my mums birthday!.
Sanjays new wavy perch arrived, it's slightly larger than the old one, but he welcomed it like an old friend, it's cuttlebone and iodine, so before he perched on it, he gave it a quick taste test, to see if it tasted the same as the old one!. :-!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I did some research into my father who was a only child born in 1910 and died 1988, grew up in Epping, My Grandad was a shipping clerk and my grandmother a teacher and related to the Wilkinson's of Gillingham. It is much harder researching the female side. And so l new never bothered. I think my mother is still alive although she would be 96, my parents moved up to Scotland in 1987 to be be near my sister and her children.

Billie was a right pain tonight she started to ask to be covered at 1.30 but l made her last until 3 pm and then l covered her up, but half an hour later she was moaning she could hear me or see the TV flashing l uncovered her but she kept on moaning so l re covered her and after thaty she was very quiet she allowed me to watch my videos with out any more complaints.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Ancestry.com charges a lot of money and cannot be that thorough, or Helen wouldn't be asking me questions!, more photos today and a copy of the 1901 census, all downloaded for printing, but I'm having them done on proper photography paper.
My grandparents married two Weeks before Titanic sank, and as they lived near Belfast, I wonder if they went to the launch.
I gave Sanjays cage a more thorough clean today, washed the covers, and wiped down the back, it didn't really need it, but there may have been a speck of dust.
I contacted the council Again, seeing as the scrap metal guys haven't got back to me, the council are sending someone out between now and Dec 2nd,, it hadn't been passed on!, so, if I hadn't got on to them again, nothing would have happened.
Sanjay played out bit longer today, he wanted to give the feather duster an extra squawking to!, it's guarding a picture frame he started nibbling!, ^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

When l signed on Ancestry.com gave me a free go and l was able to look up my my da, bu tl never got round to finding out about Mother. Billie eats the wall paper and l had to move pictures out of her reach, when l first showed her a multi coloured strap she nearly had chickens, I put it on the floor to deter her from going down there. she refused the chicken bits from my soup, she also refused a shower this morning. She wanted to be covered up at 1.45 but l only covered the top of her cage and left the front open, she seemed quiet happy with this arrangement until 3.30 then when she called a l covered her completely and watched some more of Gone with the Wind.
My HA set up a text messaging service, l registered but have not heard a thing l might have to phone on Monday. It took 6 phone calls on Wednesday before l found some one in, "I will get them to phone you." Is a favourite put off.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I saw Gone With The Wind for the first time, at the Odeon, Hammersmith Broadway when I was about 12, with my mum. Now I have it on DVD, I love it!, of course the book was different, in the book Scarlett had three children including Bonnie.
One, a boy called Wade Hampton Hamilton, by her first husband, then Loretta by Frank Kennedy, and finally Bonnie.
I expect it was left out, because it was a very long film. Sanjay is still keen to go indoors, but likes playing out a bit longer than he used to. I told him it will be getting dark soon, but he ignored me and carried on swinging on a bamboo blind. :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I hung some toys where Billie likes to climb down the outside of her cage and this has stopped her wandering, Because l had to leave her while l went to church l decided to give the walk a miss, so we spent a pleasant afternoon together but she wanted to be covered at 1.30 so l started the process by turning off the overhead lights and when she called again partially covering her. She was under the cover with the front open and she was ringer her bell and babble ball and a set of three bells she has had from the beginning, the noise was so loud l could not hear the telly but as soon as l approached the cage she would come out to defend her position, and when l sat down she would go back to the bell ringing. She loves good night kisses and holds her head up until l kiss her beak.
She had a lot of shoulder carries today and would not let me out of her sight without flying to my shoulder l had a job getting away to go to church. I played the organ today and last week l went visiting some friend at their Church and the poor people in my church could not get a pianist so they sang unaccompanied, Shame. We have a table where four men sit and socialize after the service and a woman sat down in Oswald's place so l said to her "What are you doing on the men's table?" She took umbrage and was not in church today so l phoned her an apologized and she said she was not upset.
I never read the book GWtheW, still l am not a great reader. :D
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Overhead light at 1.30? It must have been a dull day!, we had lovely sunshine. Did you know? When Silent Night was sung for the very first time, it was sung to Hans Grubers guitar, because the organ had packed up.
I thought Sanjay would Never go indoors again!, he flew around for hours!, made my tea later than usual, little minky!, but he doesn't get to fly in his new home, so I make allowances.
:-??
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Roast Chestnuts any one? Who let the pan boil dry? Yes l boil the chestnuts now the MW dries them out too much.

The over head light is the UV one, l cannot get it higher enough to have 6 inches above her, l am going to try and lower the perch to see if that gives the UV more height. Luckily she does not stand under it very often. This afternoon she held on till 4 pm before l covered her, she was quite cold this morning and sat on my shoulder while l blew warm air around her, she enjoyed that so much she gave me a kiss on the lips as a thank you!

I thought l would leave the gas fire on low to keep her warm tonight, but I have just been in there and it was like an oven so l turned the fire off, just the pilot light, the toys I hung on the outside of the cage to stop her climbing down did not deter her , she knows it is naughty and squeals with delight as she hangs on to the lowest bars.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay prefers boiled chestnuts too. He's been nibbling little bits of bamboo blind, so from tomorrow on, the curtains will be closed, out of sight, out of mind.
He didn't spend so much time outside today, And actually tasted banana!, he used to ignore it. It's set to be extremely cold tonight, so I will leave the thermostat on low, the flat felt very toasty when I got back from shopping this morning, it must have been colder than I thoughts ^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

That is the advantage of central heating, set low over night it would be nice and warm in the morning, but l refused CH because of my skin complaints, how ever the gas fire in the LR does a grand job very quickly and first thing this morning l turned it up so that when l was ready to uncover Billie it was warm in the LR.

I did my weekly shop today and bought some Lychees, Billie likes sampling different things, if she does not them they will be given away as l do not fancy them/ I also bought some egg plant, she has eaten that in the past. I did not clean the cage and floor last Friday and promised myself l would do it on Monday and now it still not done so it looks like Friday!

I looked in Wilko but could not see anything in the pets counter that she did not have, so she went short. This afternoon she became most insistent I covered but I kept saying no but relented at 3 pm. But she kept complaining under the covers but l told her l could not hear her with the head phones on, and she gave up moaning, I wanted to write some in my book and managed 500 words this afternoon, and stopped at 3.30 pm and came in here until it was time for my evening meal. Steamed veg and a quarter can of corned beef, quite filling.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Corned need is filling, and I love corned beef hash. Your book?, I'm intrigued, as I am a published author/journalist myself.
The council guy came, it will cost £55.00 quids+ 11quids VAT, because he said, it's a skip jobbie, but he also said they Will take the cardboard from the Liberta Voyager.
They can wait.
Sanjay was late having his playtime, the guy was 45 minutes late getting here, in fact, Sanjay was so peckish, he flew and landed on the tray, to check out his fresh rations, and got very fizzing excited for me to hurry up and serve them!, the drawn curtains did the trick nicely too.
I had chicken casserole, I never eat potatoes nowadays, so it was just chicken and root veg, plus leeks, I adore leeks, my step mother made leek puddings when I was a child, because stepfather was a Geordie, and it's a traditional thing up there. She served them with steak and kidney or mince, no wonder I was 2stone overweight when I enlisted!, ^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I have no intention of looking for a publisher, if you like l will leave it to you on my will, it is about the imaginary people you invent when a child, for when l was six l was very lonely, there was Christopher Robin, Scotty, a stuffed black dog on wheels, Piglet, Golly, a black golliwog and me. Three of us were stuffed, we had amazing adventures together, thinking about that later in life led me to create Thems. So a book took shape "The Sky Children Chronicles." Imaginary characters who are no longer thought about float up into the sky and carry on their adventures up there, but one day 13 found their was way back down again and became Really Real, others who were Real Really joined them after 5 days and became the Goodly.

The first book l typed at the rate of 1000 words a day, and was sub titled Thems. The second book The Goodly, became unfinished but was also typed at 1000 words a day, the first book is about 600,000 words, the second book about 360,000 words. There were several sequels, "Anthem" by Cobweb a character in the first two books, she is 11. Patents Pending by Stringvest (12) hardly got beyond the title page. "The bad and Ugly" by Kickstart also 12, these last books were written after they had grown up, the sixth and last book is "The Reals" By themselves after they had grown up, which l am working on now, I started to write in 1992 after l had a grant to buy an electric typewriter, which became a word processor which became a computer.

Today l love reading through the books writing or amending them every 5 years or so, they are not children's books
too much innuendo!!

Billy was helping me tonight as l wrote on the Surface pro 4 she kept grabbing the pen, it was not until l covered her up l noticed she must have pulled the stylus out. And after long search and a lot of heart ache l found it ~x(
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sound amazing!, I've Never paid for publication (vanity publishing), just send a synopsis to a few publishers.
Well, I think I've cracked it, our re use centre collects scrap metal, I contacted them and sent a pic, and it is looking positive, it won't cost me a penny!.
Sanjay actually rode on my arm today!, I went to stop him destroying something and somehow he ended up sitting on my bent arm!, so I walked across the room and back, he then made a noise which sounded like an expletive and flew off!, after that, I was public enemy number 1 again, sigh.
Never mind, we will be bezzie mates again tomorrow. :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Sanjay is getting there, Billie found her way down to the floor today, and it was not from the outside of her cage, she flew to the back of my swivel chair and then onto the floor I watched her carefully but after strutting around and making a lot of clucking noises she flew back to her cage.

Billie had a wonderful shower this morning climbing down the clothes horse and standing in deep water that covered her wings, at one stage she was trying to get lower and the water came up to her neck. Where can l buy water wings for parrots? She could not break the Lychee stone but ate most of the fruit, and she at a lot of the aubergine, she also ate most of the apricot, but l think she has gone off pears.

Several times today she climbed down the outside of her cage chortling with glee, I keep on saying "Naughty!" This afternoon she wanted to be covered at 1.45 but l kept saying 'too early' but l relented at 3 and partially covered her, and she was quite happy pottering around the bottom of her cage and at 4pm she called for the cover and went straight to sleep, not a peep out of her while l watched TV.

She has had an exhausting day/
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Gosh! What a bizzy little person!.
It happened again today, on to my arm for a few steps, then he tasted my flesh! I said "ow!" And he flew off. He never draws blood tho'.
Re use are collecting the old cage on Dec 7th, I will give them a tenner towards the charity. They may get something for it from a scrap dealer.
I haven't tried Sanjay on Lychees, but I'm not sure if the stones are safe, I will probably remove them, just in case, I personally, love Lychees, the grandchildren love Lychee jelly and Banana jelly from the Asian stores.
My daughter tells me, Asians are refusing to have their children vaccinated, because they reckon there is pork gelatin in the serums!, I'm going to look into it, because I do not believe it for one second.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

These rumours can get out of hand the worst race riot Birmingham ever, had occurred when a rumour started that an Asian had raped a Black/Caribbean woman, the riot was just an excuse to loot shops,and the rumour turned out to be false but not before several people had died.

The Lychee stones are too big for her to crack, the same with the apricot stones. She started to shred a rope perch l thought it was an attempt at making a nest, but l found a rope perch that was coiled and about a yard long, l hung it from her door and it just reached the carpet,when l had put it into the cage last year she was afraid of it and l threw it behind a book case. but today she got on and climbed down the rope until she could fly to the ground.

She does like a change around gone off pears but was noshing a chunk of swede. Last week cranberries were all the rage now she hardly looks at them. Today was chicken soup for my lunch and l save her the chicken bits but she turned her nose up at them. But she does like cheese again.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

No, it wasn't a rumour, according to the nhs site pork gelatin Is in the MMR, Childs flu, and Shingles vaccinations, but there is a less effective alternative apparently.
My cousin Helen is having an ancestry.com DNA test done, should be interesting.
I gave the cage a thorough clean today and washed the covers, threw away old broken and tatty toys.
Lychee and apricot kernels Are toxic, so it's a good job Billie couldn't eat them, Sanjay perches just inside his cage when I'm sorting his housework and food out, he just loves it, and he has discovered he Can fly across!, so it's win win!, :-!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Fly across what, his cage? Thanks for info about apricot and lychee kernels, l throw the old ones out, she likes the fruit.
but she has definitely gone off pear. Tangerine segments were all the rage but these are now forgotten she enjoyed the swede l put up, but has gone off raw carrot. Grapes are out too. Pomegranate is still in, she ripped up a cabbage leaf but whether she ate any in any one's guess. She did not eat the shelled chestnut so l gave her an unshelled one but as soon as she got inside she dropped it, we ll never mind l like chestnuts.

The figs from Cypress only get a taste she prefers the soft dried ones, dates are a no no so l eat them l also eat the left over cheese, I'm not proud. Cranberries are on the drop list. Shall not buy any more. She never liked strawberries or raspberries, went off blackberries so l stopped giving her any. She likes apple.

Maybe your cousin is related to some one important I was always told we were related to the Astor family who owned hotels. It will be soon Christmas card sorting day and posting some although most go to church family and we have a post box. :))
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Yes, he can fly across his new cage, just short haul tho'. Sanjay likes soft dried and fresh figs, he dislikes dates, as do I, the cloying sweetness puts me off, the fresh ones on the vine are much nicer, but you must wait until they go translucent.
There'd been a nasty pong in the communal hall for over a fortnight, then it was my kitchen too, so I'd been going through everything and using Jeyes Fluid, thinking I had a dead rodent, it was the house next door, privately owned, their drains were blocked with wet wipes, Anglian Water came today and cleared them, and because we are so nosey, I went out and asked, isn't it funny, when you get older you just Say things?, I am blatantly nosey with age!. =:)
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Absolutely, two weeks ago l was very rude to a lady. After the service we sit and have a chinwag over a coffee or tea and biscuits. 4 of us men sit on one table and this lady came and sat down in Oswald's place. So l said to her "What are you doing on the men's table?" She was extremely upset, and did not come to church the next week so l phoned her and apologized for being so rude. She was in church yesterday.

I have a friend in Florida we email each other daily and Joan is older than l and we have been talking about alert buttons, she has one she subscribes to but there is no national health over there, the poor dear is suffering from macular degeneration and her eye sight is slowly failing.

This morning l was so busy writing Christmas cards l did not go for my walk and as Billie wanted to be covered at 1.30 pm she got her wish and l went for my walk, l do think l should pander to her wishes but one has to be careful about female parrots too much day light and they start to lay eggs.

I had a nasty smell in my kitchen last year l could not find where it was coming from eventually l tracked it down to some water that had got trapped behind the coaming. :ymalien:
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

When my late Mother I Law was in sheltered housing she had a fall, and rang her alarm for the warden, she lay there all weekend before she was found, the warden had left and the new one didn't start until the Monday when she was found, a key safe and mobile phone do a better job.
Lidl had some purple sprouts on the stalk today, so I cut the stalk into three and hung a third up in Sanjays cage for him to sort out, he was very territorial today, wouldn't leave the open door of his cage, and kept making fizzing noises and darts at my hands, he doesn't bite or hurt, but little gentle stabs with his beak, then when it's all done, and he's back inside, he makes a noise that sounds like "thank you", funny little person! :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I get grunts from Billie as a thank you, she slept all yesterday afternoon until this morning and everything was going well she went to the top of the cage and pooped off the cage. I was so pleased l gave her a round of applause but l think that spooked her because as l turned to go the kitch she flew at me and bit me on the neck,and then flew back to the cage.
I just looked at her sternly. She knew she had done wrong, especially as l would not let her ride on my shoulder, it was all forgotten when l got back from shopping. I bought some papaya and cut a slice off and hung it up, she was onto it straight away and enjoyed it.

She wanted to be covered up again at 1.30 pm it is hardly worth uncovering her at 7 am however l would prefer her sleeping all day than to laying eggs! She was very good there was not a peep out of her as l watched TV with headphones

I had a friend in London who was in sheltered accommodation and she had a fall in the kitchen just before Christmas and lay on the floor for three days. Their only excuse was they could not get staff over the weekend/ Key safe is a good option l have a friend who gave me the number of her key safe but l lost the number, but l do not want to go and visit her
she smells, don't we all?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I try not to!, Sanjay loves papaya, the seeds are his favourite but he scoops the flesh into his beak too. I am tired of these dark evenings, the days are so short, roll on the Winter Solstice!, when I worked from home, and did the graveyard shift, I would finish at 5 am, then sleep until 1300 hrs, in the winter I felt as though I wasn't seeing Any daylight!, but the pay made it worthwhile.
Tomorrow is my annual Boiler Service, And the re use guys will Hopefully collect the old cage, I hope they don't refuse at the last minute. Cards to post to my Christian friends on Friday, but I'm not posting parcels until around the 16th. My daughter sent a photo of Jack in angel costume, school play, surrounded by Asian angels, I said to my daughter it might have been worse, he might have been cast as a fairy, ^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I was up late this morning and after a shave and a shower, l got Billie up and running that took 30 minutes, she refused a shower and so l had breakfast, I have porridge every day, :x porridge, l put raisins lashed lashed with dried cranberries but for Christmas l add mixed peel, yummy. Lunch was cheese on toast and a fruit salad with fat free yogurt, that tastes like fresh cream. Some hope. For dinner l have steamed veg and a quarter can of corned beef.

Billie wanted to be covered at 1 pm so l have decided to let her have her way in the hope that it will avoid eggs. And so l went for a walk but all too soon the day was ended, l shall be glad when the days get longer. I am waiting for the first Christmas card from a neighbour before posting mine to my neighbours. Our church has a pillar box and sorts the cards into a rack, we make a contribution towards postage. Do you have gas fires as well? When l have my annual check they want me to turn off all the fires hours before they come, so l use the halogen heater.

My Surface pro 4 laptop stopped working. It froze, the last time l left it for 24 hours and it work again. But l wanted to use it today so l phoned "Knowhow." I have a policy with them it costs £10 a month but phoning them cost money too but the guy was of no help but he wanted me turn it off and on again and after that it worked. I hate computers. :ymalien:
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Ago, when these flats were bedsits, there were gas fires, but in 91 when converted to flats, the gas fires were removed and CH installed, I love my little Halogen heater.
In my bedroom, which was the "back parlour" in 1907, I still have part of a gas lamp pipe, in the wet room there is an Edwardian curtain hook!.
Everything went very smoothly, George the gas engineer came in excellent time, and the re use guys turned up 5 minutes later, and cheerfully loaded the old cage into their van. Oh the relief!, I'm not good at stress these days.
After a fortnight in his new abode, Sanjay Finally got around to asking for his squirts (shower) today, And I got a tickle and kissy session from him, but I must remember not to put my reading glasses on my head, because he whips them off and chucks them!.
I dislike porridge, but I have never been a breakfast person, even as a child, it makes me feel nauseous, I'm usually ready for something late morning, when my tummy has woken up. The packs of chicken and vegetable casserole mix from Lidl last two to three meals, cheaper and healthier than beef or lamb, Sanjay has a sliver of chicken. He also likes a piece of cheese on toast!, this is a new fancy on his part, Worcester sauce included!.
8-}
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Our HA upgraded our flats ten years ago and took out all the gas fires and boilers to install central heating but I refused CH and so kept my gas fire and a gas wall heater in the bedroom.

I have to be careful about what food Billie has she is not allowed bread, or toast, no sweet things Corncobs are out, grapes too at this time of the year (egg laying) the poor thing flies to the floor and has a quick look around before heading to my slipper and climbing up my leg for a little neck scratch, Thank goodness she is not hormonal, and she has not touched the cuttle fish bone for ages. This morning l got her up too early and she got her own back by flying at me biting my neck and flying back to the cage except l ducked and all she got was a beak full of hair!

However she is becoming a pest with wanting to be covered as soon as the sun starts to shine into the LR about 12.30
I could make her wait which would lengthen her daylight hours and lead her to think it was spring or go along with her.
Its the devil or the blue sea. After I had covered her today l had my lunch and then went for a walk, came back and watched the end of Mad Max.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

It's all rather sad, isn't it?, only having her company for a few hours. Our weather has been gloomy, heavy fog too, maybe it would help if your weather was the same.
Sanjay is back on the pomegranate, he went off it for a while, I suddenly realised today just how big he is, I think that huge cage deceived me into thinking he was smaller, and his tail is the longest it has ever been, I held a ruler next to it, and it was just over 12", pretty incredible, but true. Yet according to statistics an IRN should only measure 16" from top to tail, trust him to be different! :-j
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

When l first got Billie she had a bigger cage and her tail measured 17" but now it is down to 15 " But Alex are known to have long tails. Billie has been very hormonal today, chomping on the cuttle fish bone, going onto the floor, she even tried to masturbate on me, l told her "Not today thank you!!" Yesterday at 3 pm l ordered from Northern Parrots and it came today at 10 am! Very good. I also ordered more sprouting seeds from Garden Feathers do not want to run out over Christmas.

Billie managed to last out until 2 pm when l partially covered her and when l got back from my walk completely covered her at 3 pm. She moaned at me as l watched the TV with headphones in the dark so l told her shut up and got to sleep" And did not hear another peep out of her.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

What did you order from NP? The cuttle bone?, much cheaper if you go on amazon.co.uk.
Where Do the weeks go?, Friday again, already, so tomorrow I will give the cage a thorough clean, and wash the covers, I've been diluting Zoflora disinfectant, according to their website it's perfectly safe to use on bird perches etc, and I love the smell of the Hyacinth and the rose ones. Not that parrots smell!, unlike rabbits, Guinea pigs or hamsters.
Cards to post Monday, it's stoopid isn't it? All the fuss that's made for just one day,I prefer the simplicity of the Solstice.
Jack and Isabel nagged my daughter into putting a tree up over a week ago, I can just imagine Sanjay and a tree!, and what he'd do to the decorations! :shock:
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

A pump misting spray which is brill, cost £12.99, a large refill bottle of Poop off £29.99, some home made biscuit on special offer £14.99, a couple of foot toys,

Today Billie sat on my shoulder and nibbled my ear, l know what she wanted but l said no to masturbating. But she is still hormonal but not as bad as last year when she sat on the bottom of the cage all huddled up and bleating, however she has been chomping on the cuttlefish bone, so l moved her cage to the other side of the room. At least l can see her when l look up, Also l put a rope perch inside her cage the last time l did that a year ago she hated it, but now she just shrugged her shoulders and put up with it.

The home made biscuits were thrown out of the cage so l picked it up and broke a piece off it and pretending to nibble it saying "Yummy" and gave a portion back, and she started to eat it. :D

I use F10, diluted in a spray too. I use Zoflora down the drain. I would not use it on Billies cage or perches, have you sought advice from IRN?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The advice given on the Zoflora website re pets, actually comes from a qualified vet, and I always dilute it as per instructions, my drains get Jeyes Fluid.
Santa will be bringing jelly pots for Sanjay, he hasn't had them for ages, and he loves them.
Gave the cage a wipe down with flash gel water today, it wasn't too bad, but quite a bit of dust came off, washed the covers too, the back curtain had passion fruit spatters.
Fingers crossed Billie comes out of this broody phase soon, and it doesn't get any worse. ^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Yes thank you for your concern, since l moved the cage she has been a lot quieter, sometimes when she eats too quickly she gets indigestion, and squeals but my soft talk does wonders for her. Parrots is out, some interesting articles and letters.

In a way where the cage is now turns out to be a better position darker at night and does not pick up the flicker of the TV
but the other side of the coin is that she cannot see out of the window, however she flies to the back of my swivel arm chair and sit on it so she can see out of the window, and unless l have noticed that she has pooped on my chair l get it on the back of my shirt! Yuk!

I tried Billie with Jelly but she hated it. And she is not keen on the home made biscuits from NP Tough! The pump mister works beautifully but l think l could have got one a lot cheaper from the gardening centre. L-)