Billie2

Moderator: Mods

sanjays mummi

Re: Billie2

Post by sanjays mummi »

Last year, we were promised new carpet in the communal area, but there's still no sign of it. Our Housing Officer shares the job with another lady.
Anyway, 21 shepherd pies?, goodness! It would take me ages to get through them, I am on salads still, too hot to cook. You could try semi skimmed milk, or Soya milk, it doesn't taste any different to moo juice. Daddi stayed the same weight and size right up to his illness, he was 5ft 11, weighed 11 stone, 32 waist, what you'd call "greyhound breed". Today I brought prickly pears as well as guavas, and fresh figs, also cavolo nero, And another new wilko "boredom breaker", different from the last two, Sanjay thought his hatchday and yule had both come on the same day!, talk about spoiled for choice, he just didn't know Where to start! :-!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

One shepherd pie a week should last out to Christmas, have now frozen them and taken out of the containers and put in plastic bags, O will have one on Sunday, will let you know how they turned out. A couple of weeks time it will be more stew, hope fully 20 or more portions.

Salad leaves me cold and constipated, besides l cannot eat spicy foods so that rules out tomatoes and peppers bland is the order of the day, I used to chain cook a sausage casserole but decieded it was too fattening. My sister and l only had to look at a mars bar to put on weight, but I used to go the flicks with a can of condensed milk, Fussells and scoff the lot during the film, l always found that the second Mars bar did not tase as good as the first. I was 12 stone in the army but about ten years later went up to 14 stone and stayed there for 20 years, It is opnly in recent years l put on the weight.

We have an interloper on the page, bloody nerve!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

It's been reported.
Daddi ate tins of condensed milk in his youth, and it rotted his teeth, I cannot stand anything sweet, I break into a sweat. Tomatoes are very bland, I like mine with basil, or black pepper. I can see how it is more economical to cook and freeze in bulk, I think I would get bored with the same stuff tho'. Sanjay is still working on the new toy, he has unravelled quite a lot of it!. :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Good, well done! Billie was playing with an old pen and l went across to look at her and i discovered she had bitten through to the ink tube so l took it off, she did not make a fuss just got on with the next demolition job.
I have IBS and tomatoes are off limits. I had a treat today a small spoon of hazelnut choclate spread and some raissons
Lovely! I could eat a whole jar of hazlenut chocoalte spread in one go so had to content myself with just the one small spoon full! I have a sweet tooth. :D :-$
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

IBS is one of my symptoms, or Used to be, I started taking Acidophilus capsules from Holland and Barret, you have to keep them in the fridge, and swallow with cold water, do they work? Absolutely!, they stop it immediately, nowadays I only take them if I start getting a flare up.
Sanjay still hasn't managed to completely destroy his toy! It's shredded but still hanging on in there!, I will get him a new one on Monday.
We actually had a downpour today! Woohoo! \:D/
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I get Mebervine tablets from the doctor which stop my bowel spasms, also Yak helps to keep me regular, some friends came today and Billie sat on my shoulder while we talked, at time she joined in the conversation! But she was pleased when they went so she could have me all to herself. I gave Billie a foot toy made up of millet spray rolled up in some paper.I hung it from string in her door way she had to pull it up but she enjoyed it.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Anything that entertains the little grey cells!, Sanjays toy is lasting nicely. It's been cooler and wet today, the garden must be feeling much better, I posted Jack and Isabels birthday box yesterday, it was so big it had to go parcelforce, the woman behind the counter said I should have sent two separate boxes, I said No, because they would have become separated, and arrive on different days, which would have caused tears before bedtime,but I can track it, And it's insured for fifty quids, they got their birthday cards today. Sanjay hates strangers, and I've got a sparky coming on Friday to do an electrical check up, everything is fine!, I always report problems, but I daresay there are those who don't bother, like the strange people next door, I don't think they've got a brain cell between them, %-(
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Some of our residents make me see red :mrgreen: instead of recycling their rubbish by sorting it they just bung their bags into any bin that looks empty and the bins have started to overflow, but after this warmer weather is over l shall not bother about, but l no longer can recycle my stuff. Managed to find the right hole to plug my speakers back into the tower and now sound is back! =p~
Billie likes visitors, she sat on my shoulder while my friends were here quite content to listen, she knows thatwhen l go to church or shopping she gets a millet spray and today she was quite anxious half an hour before l left, also she tried to hurry me at 3 pm into thinking it was bedtime and she got quite cross l kept saying "Not yet!" and she started to bang her bell and babble ball but after awhile she became resigned to the fact that l wa sgoing ot make her wait but at 4.30 she started again so l relented and covered her up.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

There haven't been any black sacks in the recycling bin recently, so them upstairs must have finally learned to read English,
With Ian (Santa) away, there isn't much rubbish, not that he brings his down, he waits for his relatives to visit, no wonder he is as obese as he is, never leaves his flat when he's here.
Sanjay is happily shredding that toy, it is unrecognisable to when I brought it home, just a big mass of fibres, yet we spent a fortune on toys which never even got a look. I hope Wilko have still got some tomorrow.
Sanjay eavesdrops on telephone conversations, he especially loves the loudspeaker function, then he makes noises in the background, much to Jack and Isabels amusement. :x
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie loves the answer phone, but when people phone me she sits on my shoulder and makes quite a lot of noise, callers are intrigued. I think Billie recognizes some voices. I gave her a small chestnut today l did not see her eat it but there is only half left.

This morning she sat on top of the clothes horse while the shower was running, as l am recycling the water the bath had water in it. I went out to get my breakfast things ready and when l came back she was on the lowest rung trying to see if she could find a bottom with her foot, l chased her back to the top but l wonder what would happen if she let go and dropped into the water, would she drown? Or be able to grab the clothes horse? Scary!

She sits in the water bath on top of the book case next to me as l play the organ and splashing me and the organ with water. I had to dash down to the optician this morning, and hten down to the chemist this afternoon for a repeat prescription but they did not have it so l shall have to go again. Tomorrow is shopping day, Its all go!

Lovely evening, clear skies,
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

It certainly is!, I always have my medication delivered. Wilko had a goodly supply of boredom breakers today, so I bought one of each type, Sanjay was ever so pleased!. I should imagine Billie would have panicked, and maybe drowned if it had been deep enough, what a horrid thought. They are like children, aren't they?, you cannot take your eyes off them for a second.
I bought a metre and half of new vinyl table cover for underneath his palace, the old one was beyond redemption, and have cleaned his alcove thoroughly, not that he cares! :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I shall have to get a larger carpet protector as Billie has taken to throwing the food she does not want halfway across the living room. I completly forgot to go to Wilko's today when ,l went shopping. Billie has a large mirror behind her cage and tonight when l would not put her to bed when she wanted, she told her reflection all her woes, it was quite funny to watch her bobbing up and down and speaking to her image. :lol:

The fuse on the computer plug keeps blowing l put in three 5 amp fuses one after the other until l realized that l was overloading that circuit with my A/c, hifi, Dyson fan, printer, computer and printed but why it blew only the computer is any ones guess. I switched off most of that stuff and now the computer is working okay off a 5 amp fuse.

I turned my back for a second when she was on the clothes horse again today only to find she had gone down to the bottom rung again, so I scopped up handfuls of water and poured them over her she quickly returned to the top of the clothes horse a lot wetter.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Billie will develop webbed feet !. ^#(^
I haven't had a signal on my mobile phone all day today, its so annoying, I don't know what the cause is, but guessing it's the weather. Years ago we bought an electric fire that kept blowing its fuse, it had a 5 amp, it wasn't powerful enough and the fire needed a 13amp, then it was ok. :-!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Electric fires have one or two kilo watt elements too powerful for 5 amp, but a Tv or computer uses l lot less energy and can cope with a 5 amp fuse. l have one in the plug now, it protects the computer from minor power surges.

Billie sat on the clothes horse two rungs down and did not try to go lower so my spashing might have stopped her going down. She has a lovely temperment. We play a game when the blanket arrives to cover her up she wants to pull it over herself but she is careful not to bite me, she has a lot of kisses and a bedtime story "once upon a time..the end" finally she goes in and l can cover her up.

Very hot last night and predictably Emma was outside shouting at 1.30 am, our new housing officer came today to deal with tokens and his name is Raj, when l told him about Emma he was all for going round to see her but I managed to persuade him to wait to see if she contiues to be noisy tonight,
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

A new broom etc..., maybe Raj is just what you need. The second new toy went in today, having removed the piece of twine which was all that was left of the first one. My mobile provider has been down now for 48 hours and I am getting fed up, they've promised they're "working on the problem", but for how long?,, its a good job I have my land line and this tablet, ^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Do you have Cable? Perhaps not if you did you would have Virgin, I have a package with them it costs £61 a month and l get 180 tv channels super fast broad band and land line telephone. 7 trent have not sent a revised bill so l am not paying them. But my electical/gas supplier Southern Electric gave me a refund of £200 for over paying my direct debit and l have used that to pay off my credit cards, :D

Billie's clock works to perfection she started making noises to be covered at 4 pm but l told her not beore 4.30! And dead on 4.30 she reminded me of the time. Batteersea Dogs home sent me some cards and table mat and a key ring with plastic tab so l gave it to Billie she could not chip the plastic tab but kept getting her foot caught in the key ring so l had to take it away from her.

I gave Billie a parrot stick this afternoon the first one for a few days and she got to work demolishing it so l called out you wont get another for a week and she stopped the demolition!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Yes, I have the same bundle as you with Virginmedia, but my broadband hub refuses to communicate with my phone, besides, it wouldn't provide the signal for textimg or calling my daughter, who hasn't got a landline.
I gave the sitting room a good "siding" today, moved furniture across and cleaned, then the other side, I don't know how we manage to accumulate so much dust!. Sparky tomorrow at 9.30, but it shouldn't take long, the met office has forecast rain, good!, ^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

If you phone Virgin they will help you connect to the hub.

More good news 7 Trent sent me a cheque for £28 and cancelled the out standing bill because of water loss, But they pointed out that any further water loss l would have to pay for. So l do not have to use the money l put away for Billie's
vet bills. And l am building up a reserve to pay the next water bill in January. =))

It was spitting today as l went around the park, we now have a new gardener. Considering the service charge covers the gardening and we have had no gardener since Janaury the HA have made a tidy profit on that.

Billie tried it on at 3.30 pm. I told her it was too early and she waited for 30 minutes before asking again but it was too early and she waited another 30 minutes before l relented and covered her up for the night.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The sparky turned up on time and was here for an hour and a half, ex Royal Green Jackets (donkey walloper).
Sanjay sat on his back perch very very schtumm, a little study in still life. Toy number two is now shredded thoroughly with just a few strands left, but remember the old advert slogan?, "you're never alone with a strand" :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

When l travelled in the rush hour by train l would light up a cheroot in a crowded compartlment and soon people left and l could sit down, cant say l remember Strand fags, l liked Players Imperfectos they were oval, but very expensive, 555 State Express were also expensive. I think the boss of the Shipping company in London Wall smoked Strand, Nomikos, l was the office boy, until a suprise inspection of the post book revealed l had more stamps than l was supposed to have but since l made some dreadful mistakes they sacked me. Then l worked for an old fashioned textile wholesaler for 20 years.

Billie loves visitors she stands on tip toe and sings while we try and hold a conversation, today a van was broken down in the car park abd she was making little "Ip Ip" noise which means she is frightened. So l stood by the cage and we exchanged kisses all the time l was saying "Its okay Billie!"

Two years ago in October she started to lay eggs, so l have started to cut back on her diet less sweet fruit, more vegs.

Prevention is better than cure/
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

My stepdad smoked Players navy cut, but only half, he'd keep the other half for later, war time habit I suppose, when he died aged 80, they said his lung cancer wasn't due to smoking, they were full of coal dust where he had worked as a miner before the war, I like Sobranie cocktail, daddi liked Sobranie Black Russian, but they are both very expensive and special occasion only.
Sanjay clings to his cage door when something puts the wind up him, he doesn't make a sound, wild birds go quiet and still when someone approaches, have you noticed?.
I am very fortunate, I have never been sacked from a job, many years ago daddi was a night manager at a warehouse, a van arrived carrying garden tools , when the doors were opened, they fell out almost injuring his staff, so he got on the phone to the manager where the van was loaded, and really tore into him, daddi got sacked for it, but soon found another job, a week or so later, the guy who had sacked him got the sack, for sacking daddi!, it's a crazy world. ^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

It is a crazy world, after being sacked from my first job l was made redundant after 20 years in the second, I then became an agent for various companies but gave that up when MissMod did not pay my commission, and I became manager in a textile credit shop, but left that after trade became very slow, and I became a manager in a tobacconist in Oxford street but that l also gave up as it was too far to travel so instead l became a manager to a local tobacconist stationery shop, but then got fed up with that and became a manager in a pet shop which was more interesting but left after three years and moved up to the West Midlands and gave up work, my last job was in 1980.

Billie copies the magpies and scolds me with what l call the Indian parrot death call, when she wants me to come back.
I gave her a rubber foot toy filled with millet spray to keep her quiet but when l went back to see how she had gotten on l found she had eaten half the rubber foot toy, l offered her a large millet spray and tried to take the foot toy away but she gave me a nip and drew blood, but the large millet was too much temptation so she dropped the foot toy.

I get to know her calls, even when she tells me it is bed time which if l ignore she goes bananas on her bells. I bought these two plug in insect killers to rid Billie and myself of these fruit flies, every time l try to whack one with a rolled up newspaper they escaped so l threw a tea towel at one and then crunched up the tea towel, good bye fruit fly!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Fruit flies are too tiny and quick to moider by normal means.
I hope Billie didn't ingest any rubber, Sanjay was deliberately annoying today, but everytime I told him off it was butter wouldn't melt! (moi?, as if!).
It's turned much cooler now, but then the Autumnal Equinox is on Sept 21st, the sun is still lovely and welcome tho'.
Yes, the pet shop would be more interesting, that's why I loved my kennel manager job, it was freelance, as my main job was landscape gardening, that's where I fell in love with parrots, anything to do with animals!, I never fancied working with kids, even though I am qualified to teach English. %%-
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

My flies are down! :oops:
Well the fruit flies are down in numbers.
Expect the warmth to return tomorrow and Wedesday, but there is definitely a chill in the air, when the leaves start to turn yellow nature expects autumn to follow. My friend in Florida is an old biddy in her 80's wrote saying the on/off button broke but she managed to turn on the computer by poking a screwdriver inside the hole. I wrote back to tell her that l would look out for her when l got to Heaven. But l did that on the church computer and it cost me £40 to have it repaired. I thought she could take the cover off to see if she could reposition it herself WITH THE ELECTRICITY OFF!

Billie was very good this evening she did not once ask to be covered and when it got to 20 mins past 4 l surpised her with my offer to cover her up.

I have just discovered that the fly and insect spray expired 5 years ago no wonder it did not work! :o The plug in insect killers do not work either well not on fruit flies. Apple cider was best but it needs replacing, shopping tomorrow so buy some more then. Back in the 60's anybody could be a teacher and l remember asking one of my friends who taught on those big old schools why the windows were wide iopen in the middle of winter, He said "Are you kidding they stink to high heaven!" and that put me off wanting to be a teacher.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

A friend of ours, who was an RAF "snowdrop" taught special needs kids after demob, and didn't have any quali's , we were quite shocked, we thought it should be more important for teaching special needs.
Well, I'm glad the apple cider vinegar works,
Went shopping today, the boredom breaker toys are flying off the hooks, but I managed to Snaffle one of each again. My daughter has a job centre interview, which, if she doesn't attend, they will stop her benefits, but school teacher refused to let Jack have the day off because she might not be back in time to pick him up, so she contacted the headmaster, and pointed out, if Muslim and Jewish children could have days off during term time, Jack should at least be allowed this one day, her complaint was upheld, she decided to be even more pedantic, and told them, from now on she is claiming Her right as a Pagan, to keep the children off on Sabbats and esbats (lesser sabbats), they are contacting the Pagan Federation to confirm these, but she won her point! :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Good on yer! Stick to your guns. We had a lovely thunder storm rain came down in buckets but only lasted 15 minutes.
Went shopping this morning and bought my self a nice pair of brown brogue shoes, cost £30 hand made leather uppers should see me through the winter.Aslo bought as big selection of cracked and tried some on Billie she likes Minton's crackers but they have gone out of business, made a careful search for low salt crackers. Forgpt to go to Wilko's.

Cleaned her cage where the fruit flies hang about and put the fruit and veg is two stainless steel bowls she had when l got her she threw one on the floor and l told her off but that one and the other one stayed on her cage. She has taken to biting me through my shirt when she sits on my shoulder and she got a big telling off today when she tried it on.

What is a RAF snowdrop?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

An RAF "snowdrop" is a policeman, they have white hats, like the Redcaps in the Army have red ones.
It's been a scorcher today, the hottest on record for September. I would have appreciated a drop of rain. Soaked the garden this evening, and tried Sanjay with a clary sage flower, but he spat it out. Sanjay can't chuck his bowls, they sit quite snugly in their ring holders,
My outside motion sensor light is permanently on, I tried turning it off and on again, hoping it would reset itself, but no joy, never mind, it's an energy saving bulb, ^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Wow! Add snowdrop to the vocalabulary. You can tell l cannot spell.
Is the bulb feeling its age? Very humid tonight, roll on the winter. Billie has not chucked her bowls about they sit on either side on top of her cage, l think she appresciates them because they do not attract the fruit flies and she has been dipping into them. We have a new gardener and he has a bald head, Billie goes potty over bald headed men, her handler before me was bald headed. She keeps calling to the gardener but he cannot hear her. When Billie had her old cage these two bowls were all she had one was filled with sunflower seed the other with water, but as soon as l got her l bought a plastic water bottle which she managed to chew so l had to buy a glass water bottle she quickly cottoned onto how to make the water flow. Sghe tried it on quite early tonight but l made her wait until the alloted time 4.30. I remember a few years back she kept askingto be covered earlier and earlier and it was 2.30 pm in winter when l gave in, not so this year.
When Alan (the bald) had her he never covered her up she would go to sleep on a shelf or on top of the telly. Alan never gave her veg or fruit. Stil those days are long gone.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

An elderly neighbour of my daughter, found an IRN at a bus stop and took it home, No cage! (he's an old jailbird and used it as an excuse) and never fed the bird properly, he showed her a photo, it was a pale yellow female, and must have been someones pet, there are some ignorant folk out there.
The security light went out today, so I don't know if the bulb has gone (it's only a year old) or if there was a bit of muck on the sensor. Another hot day/humid night, I had to give Sanjay new toy number two today, I'm awfully glad they're only three quids each!. We had a German Shepherd .....itch who absolutely Hated policemen!, no idea why, we bred her ourselves, so we couldn't understand why, maybe she was Bill Sykes dog in a previous life, (joke). \:D/
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

My lower denture's lining has worn off l shall have to replace it tomorrow, l use Cushion Grip it used to be £2.50 for a 2 oz tube then it went up to £3-50 for a 1 oz tube now it is no longer being made but you can buy a tube on the internet for £50! I make each application last 3 months and l am blessed with several tubes. :D

Who decides what you come back as? I heard that if you had led a horrid life you would come back as a horrid creature but is you had led a good life you might not come back at all!

I have a portable air conditioner and the compressor keeps the bedroom nice and cool at 18 c but it makes a wicked noise however l was able to sleep last night. I have to turn it off when l use the computer because it blows the fuse, fortunately l have a ceiling fan and a Dyson Cool but it has already risen to 75 and will likely go to 77 f before l go to bed at nine. Billie is already tucked up. i-)
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

We choose, depending on what life lessons we have still to learn, but generally, homophobics return as g......y,, racists return as black or Asian etc, Edcar Cayce regressed a Jewish guy afraid of flying, and it turned out he was previously a German fighter pilot who'd been shot down and killed.
We are promised rain and thunderstorms, I hope they haven't got it wrong again. A Workman turned up this morning about my fans, trouble is, there's nothing wrong with them!, I hadn't reported them!. The HA sent a man with a van for flat 1's old furniture, they will be Billing the tenant for £80, he will wish he'd paid the council £15, to take it!. Sanjay is still noshing..... :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

We have a family of Africans here in a two bedroom house, Mum and Dad. Teenage daughter and boy friend, Teenage son and girl friend, shool age daughter and school age son! They persistently do not sort their rubbish but put it in carrier bags in the recyling bins and of course the bin men refused to empty them, they have been told by different people but now we are fed up with it and the bins are over flowing, and still they put carrier bags of rubbish in them but the irony of it is that we have three very large bins for general rubbish and anything goes in there as it is land fill.

Today will rain for you and l expect you will be flooded but hope you survive okay, it is now much cooler, and a nice breeze coming the BR window. Billie went to bed at the usual time 0f 4.30 pm l was late waking her this morning it was nearly 7.30 am.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Yes, there was rain, but flooded? No, the street is on a hill, and the river is too far away even if it did overflow. My heuchera "rio" plants arrived today, shades of coral pink, Burgundy, and peach, for my winter hanging baskets, I've ordered winter pansies "golden flambe" for the window boxes, I've a feeling we will need warm, bright colours this winter, to cheer the road up a bit. Sanjay was in a loud frame of mind today, I had to tell him to shush!
Another Workman turned up "to look at the mould", What mould?, I phoned the HA, these jobs had been put on the wrong sheet!, apparently on August 19,th, I had allegedly reported dozens of repairs!, so some poor so and so is waiting!, ^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Lost land of Volcanoes BBC2 today showed the World's smallest parrot about 11/2 inches high, the program was quite interesting if you Google it you will find it on YouTube. Parrots is out some interesting articles, but not for us.

Billie got fed up with telling me it was bed time and she flew to the arm of my chair to get my attention l was watching a program and gave her a quarter of sugar free polo mint to keep her quiet. But to my chagrin the programme ended but she would not give me back the polo but flew back to her cage with it. However l decided to go to bed early tonight and that meant an early dinner, I cooked one of the new stew portions with rice absolutely delicious! So l put Bille to bed she loves helping me cover the cage and will pull as hard as she can to get the cover over the cage l give her a little help, making sure l keep my fingers out of her beak. She holds her head up for a goodnight kiss, over and over again, then l tell uer a bed time story "Once upon a time there was a handsome male Alexandrine parrot...THe end! Once she is satisfied that the cover is properly over the cage she goes in, and up on her sleeping perch.

Night night, no answer she is asleep already dreaming about this handsome male Alexndrine parrot.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Aww, one day my prince will come, bless.
Sanjay spent more time out today, he wasn't quite so desperate for his fresh rations as he normally is. I thought the parrotlet was the smallest?, they had a cage full at Henlow pet and aquatic centre, and they were so tiny they had little food bowls lined with hay to lay their eggs in.
Daddi thought they were sweet, but not as sweet as the black headed Caique he fell in love with.
Miserable gloomy day here, sigh. ^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

We had a lovely sunny day with clouds, a bit chilly. :ymhug: In the pet shop days we sold Finches they eat their own body weight in seeds every day and one of the juniors was supposed to fill up all the birds seed boxes saw the finches were half full and did not bother to fill them he had not realized thet they do not look under the top layer of husks and in the morning 30 were dead. :-o :(( :((
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

My mother in law had Java finches. When I worked at a large quarantine kennel, one of the boys didn't bother to defrost the blocks of paunch (tripe), and a German champion, on loan for stud purposes choked to death, it caused quite an international incident.
My Sciatica has flared up again and this time it has triggered Shingles, the pain has been waking me up on the wee hours, the Shingles don't itch, but are very sore, and clothing doesn't help, I've been using Tea Tree oil, hopefully they shan't last long. :-s
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Poor you! High pressure is building,we should get dry sunny weaterh thanks to your sciatica! I have psorious on my neck and head and have a parafin base ointment which helps, l also get shingles! Watch out it can affect the eyesight. My computer has shingles it keeps blowing its top ...fuse I had a 3 amp and it blew that so l tried a 5 amp but it blew that so as l have run out l used a 13 amp fuse and it has blown that will get some more tomorrow when l go shopping, but l had to rob peter to pay paul.

Billie wanted to go to bed at 4 pm but l kept telling her it was too early but at 4.30 I fetched the cover and she flew straight at me and tried to land on my glasses, whether it was anger or just excitement l do not know, this morning l gave her some grated carrot in her veg bowl and she ate that.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The blisters are popping of their own accord, and I am still using tea tree oil, I didn't know about eyesight being affected, thanks for the tip.
I found guavas today in an Asian shop, tiny ones, but just the right size for himself. I knew someone years ago with psoriasis, isn't it caused by stress?. We have just watched the new Jungle Book film, it's brilliant, some of the toons from the original are in there, but this is uber clever, the special effects nowadays are amazing. It drizzled today, but still very sultry, I planted the Heuchera's in the hanging baskets, my compost bin gets emptied tomorrow. :^o
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

They say Psorius is in herited but it might be caused by stress all the worry l had with Emma certainly did not help. Billie asked to be covered up at 3 pm she is getting earlier and earlier, well l resolved to turn off her uv light first and after waiting with baited breath she asked again at 4 pm but l tried telling her it was too early but in the end put her to bed at 4.15 pm. She went straight in and sat on her sleeping perch waiting for the last cover to go on.

Supposed to be hot this weekend, l shall be glad when winter arrives. Had my refund from 7 Trent paid into my account. I told them that my bank is 40 minutes away and l hardly ever go there when they sent me a cheque. Went sjhopping today and bought Billie a new toy from Wilko, also bought the last 6 parrot sticks and a big bag of parrot seed.

It really annoys me when l do not buy what l want and l had to go back this afternoon to get some fuses, still the walk there was good for me. Weekly weight check tomorrow, l want to get down to 36" waist and below 12 stone!

Billie has suddenly decided she likes pomegranite but ASDA did not have any so the one that is in the fridge willhave ot last until next week. :-s
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

It depends on your height, Daddi stayed 11 stone all his adult life at 5' 11", and was classed as slightly underweight, he was quite fine boned, he had a 32" waist. It was a very pleasant day today, sunny and not too hot, a typical golden September day, it's the autumnal equinox.
Our Wood Green charity shop had jingly cat balls for sale at 10p each, yesterday, so I bought some for Sanjay, they are tougher than the other ones, so hopefully he won't be able to break into them so easily.I might go to the market tomorrow, there's a few things I need, and see if the newsagent has my Parrot mag, it wasn't in yesterday. ^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Yesterday Billie explored the new toy but she has ignorred it today she is not a toy person. My computer is on its last legs, it keeps blowing the fuse in the plug, l started with a 3 amp then 5 then 13 amp but it still blows that on start up, I have unplugged all unecessary items hope that will fix it. However l have a laptop a Surface pro 4 l can fall back on should it be needed. :ymparty:

I only learnt today that an eqinoxox is the sun passing over the equator, l thought the sun has gone for his summer hokdays. It is getting darker in the evenings and colder too :ymbringiton:
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

An Equinox means days and nights are of equal length.
Ok, so I bought prickly pears today, but in the Polish supermarket they had huge dried sunflower heads, bursting with seeds, I bought one as big as a dinner plate, and he loves picking the seeds out and scoffing them.
It was another lovely day, so I planted magenta coloured Celiosa's with dark purple, almost black Heuchera's and silver Cineraria's in my big planter, the Celiosa make a lovely contrast.
Everything will start drawing out again after Dec 21st :ymparty:
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Did you remember Parrots? My mixer tap in the kitchen gave up the ghost today, l phoned good and early but no one had come by 3.30 pm so l phoned again and the man who fixed my toilet says he is coming tomorrow the last time he came he said mixer taps do not last very long. So today l have had the water turned off so the mixer tap dribbles but wont do anything else. Also l had to stay in all day and it was such a nice afternoon l missed the walk.

Its a nice evening here blue skies and a chilly wind already. I gave Billie a parrot stick but l am trying to encourage her to stand on the Guava branch perch but it is at an angle she did try to put her foot on it but gave up.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Guava or Java?, Sanjay has Java perches. My parrot magazine still wasn't in, she said it would be in today, but I don't and can't do town every day, I told her I'd pick it up on Monday.
Sanjay loves the big sunflower head, and picks the seeds out, he doesn't gorge on them, tho'.
The communal hall outside flat 1 stinks of beer and cheap fags, like an old pub, but at least it isn't cannabis which smells much worse!, the Croatian guys have broken another pneumatic light switch by jamming it in too hard, but this time They can report it themselves, I'm tired of playing nanny.
Sanjay gave his new jingly cat balls a good bashing and beaking to!, I don't know what they'd done to annoy him, :-!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billies managed to undo the screw holding her new toy on the cage and now it has gone missing l looked on the floor before l vacummed and carefully sifted through her tray before binning the contents l can only assume she has swallowed it. She only asked once to go to bed at 3 pm and l rather surpised her when l suggested bed at 4,15 pm and she could not get on her sleeping perch quick enough!

She sat on my shoulder for about ten minutes this afternoon quite unlike her, l can only think her hormones are picking up, l have reduced sweet veg and fruit and cut down on her little bits of water biscuits, l shall not give her any card board to chew this year and in fact l shall be very reluctant to put her nesting box in this year, however she does not want me to scratch her neck.

Yesterday l broke my mixer tap in the kitchen and for the last two days have been using water from the bath YUK! but today a new tap was fitted and everything is hunky dory again. :ymparty:
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I don't have mixer taps, but I have lever taps, for when my hands hurt. The giant sunflower head is almost depleted of seeds, and he has bored a hole in the centre!, his toy is lasting much longer because of the sunflower. I got my crown imperial bulbs planted this morning, I just hope they're deep enough or they won't flower. The guys in flat 1 talked the HA out of collecting their old furniture and reckon they're paying the council ,£15 next week to pick it up, hmm, we shall see.
I doubt if Billie has swallowed the clip!, I certainly hope not, sometimes I drop a wingnut or washer when I clean the palace and spend ages searching, only for it to be right under my nose! x_x
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Could be, but when l vacumnned and had a good look, l tried to get another nut off a clip but she must have a nack because l could not get it off, l have been re reading all the hormone stuff and allowed her to go to bed as soon as she asked at 3.30pm, she could not believe her luck and was on her sleeping perch before l could get the first cover on. I then sat in the dark watching tv with head phones and crept out at 5.20!

Evidentually l need to increase the amount of darkness she has, and cut out fat sugar carbs, corn will be on the hit list, no more grapes although she can have pear. I hang up a half and she likes to milk it for its juice! She wants to sit on my shoulder and while l was playing the organ she came down my arm and stomped all over the keys she has not doen that since last year, but the lights attracted her most and l had to put her back on the cage. The next stage will be looking for a suitable nest site and although she looks at the floor she has not flown down there yet, and after that it will be paper shredding. She started to lay eggs on Oct 6 last year.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Be prepared, dib dib dib, seems a funny time of year for hanky panky, does Billie think it's spring?, Sanjay is still dropping the very occasional feather, I haven't a clue what his plans are. Mind you, we lead a very laid back sort of life, just do our own thing mostly. The sunflower head was completely depleted of seeds today, he didn't scoff them all, there were quite a few at the bottom of the cage, he's got his toy to shred, :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I was a cub and enjoyed that we used to sing "John Brown's bicycle has a puncture." x3 "Glory Hallujah x2 "and he mended it with a bit of chewing gum!" But l did not like the scouts so quit, Billie started to lay in Oct last year and laid 5 but started again in March and laid 9 eggs that is when she had the prolapse.

She asked to be covered at 3.50 pm and went in straight away, l have stopped the mushy cooked food in the mornings.
And cut out grapes, but she still corn until Saturday when that too will be cut out. I saved the chicken bits from the soup but she only ate a couple and pushed the spoon away so muggins ate them. Her diet controls if she will lay again but also the photoperiod the daylight hours so l have turned off the standard up lifter in the corner she only has her over head uv lamp and the centre light. I shall know if this was all a waste of time if she lays another egg in October. Her tail is still growing. I wopuld send a pic but my stupid comuter thinks l know all about One Drive and wont let me attach a photo from the desk top, but it knows l hate computers! [-x