Help with mutation!!!

Moderator: Mods

Inmetal

Help with mutation!!!

Post by Inmetal »

Hello ! Can someone tell me please wich mutation is this 4 months old baby and why his bake is orange but not red? Is that a part of the mutation or there is something wrong with my bird? Thanks in advance!
Attachments
20160820_114906.jpg
20160820_101414.jpg
Wessel Gordon

Re: Help with mutation!!!

Post by Wessel Gordon »

I'm not sure about the mutation but the orange beak is very typical of a young IRN. The beak changes color to a deep red as it ages.
rick_s0910

Post by rick_s0910 »

He looks like a Blue Pallid (aka Blue Lacewing). I'm not 100% sure about the beak color, I've never seen one that light. It might be normal, but in case it isn't, try giving him more fruits and veggies and see if that helps. My birds love bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, apples (apple seeds are toxic), corn, etc. there's a ton of things they'll eat. I give them the corn and apples at the end because they pick those over everything else and I know the veggies are more important.
Inmetal

Post by Inmetal »

Firstly I want to thank you for the replays. I feed my bird with the food you mention and also with pellets seeds and also i give him vitamins for molting but the bake is still the same . Actually he is always in trouble with his beak and destroys everything he touches a specially his toys.Most of the time he is free and can fly around the room an can play.Teere is no visible sign of something wrong but if someone see in the orange beak bad sign please respond because i don't want to lose him .