My ring neck cannot stop screaming - new owner

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

sarzam

My ring neck cannot stop screaming - new owner

Post by sarzam »

Hi I am new to this, we got an indian ring neck last Saturday he is about 2-3 years of age with a black ring mark on his neck. Although he is eating and seem to be doing quite well and talking, we are finding difficulties with his screaming. I mean literally it is unbearable. He is still frightened and scared when i put my hand and this little guy doesn't seem to be tamed with his previous owner. Can you please forward me some suggestions on how to at least minimize the screaming? Thank you
fferro09

Re: My ring neck cannot stop screaming - new owner

Post by fferro09 »

I'm new to ringnecks and I just got one early this month. But what my dad does is close the door of the room he's in and he'll stop chirping lol. But I like hearing him making noises because it makes me feel like he's having fun and happy.
InTheAir

Re: My ring neck cannot stop screaming - new owner

Post by InTheAir »

Hi sarzam,

Ringneck screams are quite painful!

Can you provide more details on what happening around the house when he screams? Does he scream when you go near him or when you leave? What is happening around the house when he is talking and making noises you like. How do you respond?
Also search "foraging" on this forum, a busy beak is a quieter beak.

As far as tameness, ringnecks can take a while to warm up to new people. I'll post a link for you to read on a new post as my phone is playing up.