Setting up cage

Moderator: Mods

christy

Setting up cage

Post by christy »

My cage is suppose to be delivered tomorrow so I was wondering if ya all can help me with setting it up. It will still be several weeks before the babies get here but I want to get it set up in the birdroom. Here is the cage Im getting , except I asked for a hunter green one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 7758951530

I am going to get 2 seperate food dishes and 2 water bottles. I do have a double manzanite perch , a cement/sand perch and I make my own toys.
Can you all give me ideas what types of toys I should add ? Do they like Happy Huts ? Even knows they will only be in the cage at night I want to give them plenty of entertaining things.
I am slowly setting up my bird room. Just waiting on warm weather so that I can take the fids outside for the day to get it painted. Ive made several toys and playstands so when The IRN babies get here and meet the other fids they all will have a great room to habg out in and play.
I would love to see pics of anyones bird rooms and cage set ups.
Christy
julie

Post by julie »

if they are going to be tame birds it is easier to keep tame in 2 seperate cages otherwise they will bond wth each other more than you.although sometimes it works out.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

You might want to talk to darkcloudchild about this. She's our expert on housing two together!

Dani and Prinny
Ed Loschi

Three stainless steel or heavey ceramic food cups work best.

Post by Ed Loschi »

I'm also interested in hearing what folks here on this board say about housing two birds together.

IMHO, three stainless steel or heavy ceramic food cups work best. One a dry cup for pellets and only pellets; a second dry cup for seed/grain/nut mixes; a third wet cup for fresh veggies and fruits. Of course a SS or heavy ceramic cup for water.
darkcloudchild

Post by darkcloudchild »

I have 2 perfectly tame birds that are in the same cage together. They can't stand to be away from each other long, and they have also bonded to us. Kozmo LOVES her daddy, and Loki is soo my bird. I really think it just depends on how much time you spend with them, and how much you work with them.

I had suggested to her about having one of each dish for her birds. Mine don't like to share a dish at the same time, but they really like to eat and bathe at the same time. So they each have their own dish across the cage from each other, and it causes less grief.

Now, all birds are different though, so what works with mine may not work with yours. All I can do is give advice on what I've dealt with and how I've handled it, and it's not perfect advice :?
Rena