Bar spacing for a IRN

Moderator: Mods

Laura&fids&hairy

Bar spacing for a IRN

Post by Laura&fids&hairy »

Hello,
I will be fostering a IRN. I have a cage that is 24 inches by 38 inches by 5 foot tall. The bar spacing is 3/4 of a inch. Is this to large of bar space? I would love for him to have a large cage, it also has a playtop. He is not sociable and is considered a "show bird". Does not like to be touched, will step up on perch or arm (only if you have a long sleeved shirt on. But is very unsocialable. Which I will be working on with him. My BIG question is the bar spacing, if 3/4 of a inch will be to big?

Also..... differnet subject, but same bird. He will be in the spare bedroom..Which is a bird room now ;-) But am worried because he will be hte only bird in there. Door will be opened and he will hear us. Also my spending time in there with him. I wondered if I should foster another birs right away so he will have another bird in there. Is that a good Idea? He has been in foster care for almost a year and is back with a large group of birds (19) and will be coming here with 2 Umbrellas and a COckatiel. And beleive it or not, a rather quiet house.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. :-)

I have looked online nad read several good articles. But have not found anything on hte bar spacing..... :-)

Thank you,
Laura
Joe

Not an expert

Post by Joe »

I am not sure what is best but mine are housed in 1" x 2" welded wire and I have'nt had a problem. They have been in them for about three years now. I have heard of birds getting heads stuck and :cry: . Hope this helps a little.
doremon

Post by doremon »

If he (IRN) looks awkward moving around the cage, then I would think that the bar space is too big.

Regards
Doremon