Hello

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Zori.

Hello

Post by Zori. »

Hi. My name is Zori and Im from Melbourne, Australia. Im just got my cute baby Alexandrine!! His name is Boris.(What I will do if HE actually will turn to be SHE !?!) Its my first pet bird so obviously Im here to learn a lot about how to rise Boris to grow happy and healthy parrot.
Donovan

Re: Hello

Post by Donovan »

what you do is up to you I suppose... maybe change its name to something more neutral or find a way to feminize the name Boris... the rest is up to you 8)
MissK

Post by MissK »

It's a quick step from Boris to Doris.
-MissK
Zori.

Post by Zori. »

MissK wrote:It's a quick step from Boris to Doris.
Thanks Again MissK! You helped me twice today :) :)
MissK

Post by MissK »

Where do I send the bill?
:D
-MissK
Zori.

Post by Zori. »

How much the bill?
MissK

Post by MissK »

:lol:

Buy Boris a foraging toy and we'll call it even!
(no bill~)
-MissK
Zori.

Post by Zori. »

I bought him few toys on the top of some that I made my self. But one more sure wouldn't hurt as I'm understand to keep him bisy and active best to swop them regularly. By the way, please tell me: do rope danger for him? Some say it is as he can swallow some threads. But than it so many toys made with ropes for sale! So should I use the toys or perches made of rope or not?
MissK

Post by MissK »

You have to choose ropes made only of clean, pure, natural fiber, without unnatural substance or treatment. Then you must watch the bird. If he is inclined to eat the ropes, remove them. If he gets stuck in them, remove them. Ensure there are no loops to choke or trap him. Try to keep them clean.
-MissK
Zori.

Post by Zori. »

So far nothing that you mention happens so I think he is OK with ropes. Thanks you. Pity I'm unable to put pictures of Boris here as it say the file to big. I'm not that good in computers to make photos smolier. By the way, what kind of bird you have, if you don't mind me asking you.
MissK

Post by MissK »

I am delighted to brag on my birds almost any time there is sufficient tea in my hand to maintain a conscious state! :D You'll be sorry you asked!

I am currently keeping the world's best Indian Ringneck, the world's runner-up best Indian Ringneck (sorry to my friends and their excellent birds, but all others must compete for title of world's second runner-up best Indian RIngneck..........) as well as some nice Lineolated Parakeets (2), some Budgerigars (5, including world's cutest and runner up cutest, etc) and some Canaries (2). There are some old dogs here as well, and until recently I spent some time looking after a human octogenarian. (That must count for something!) There are a number of houseplants.

And of course, all my pets have a service monkey, which would be myself....... :lol:

Ellieelectrons made excellent post on how to do photos. Maybe you can find it with the SEARCH function. Another thought I had on ropes is to be sure the bird's toenails are not overgrown and thus more likely to catch in the rope. Getting stuck "even a little" could lead to panic and injury.
-MissK