Head bobbing

Moderator: Mods

Baby bird sky

Head bobbing

Post by Baby bird sky »

Hi there, so Sky is eating like a dream, growing up to be such a beauty and learning to sit in his cage. He keeps bobbing his head like the whole time he is with me, does that mean anything? He tries to escape from his cage to get to me the whole time. I'm so in love with him!
InTheAir

Re: Head bobbing

Post by InTheAir »

How old is he? I am guessing he was handfeed. He may be begging to be fed. It is recommended to provide some "comfort feedings" to weaned birds that are begging... I'm not really sure on the particulars of it though... Google search is your friend.
Baby bird sky

Post by Baby bird sky »

He's 8 weeks old. Gets his food and treats. I Offer him something every time. He started rubbing his head against my chin and cheek then he begins bobbing again.
Wessel Gordon

Post by Wessel Gordon »

If I were in your position I would just give him a small treat every time he does it. That way he learns that he gets nice things from you and will bond faster (hopefully) and feeding him something small will encourage him to go and "forage" for food in his foodbowl if he's really hungry. Make sure you vary whatever it is you are using as treats so he doesn't develop into a fussy eater.
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Check out this thread, halfway down the first post is information and links about weaning http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... ?f=1&t=799
8 weeks is quite young for an irn to be weaned.