The adventures of Billie the wonder parrot

Moderator: Mods

AJPeter

Re: The adventures of Billie the wonder parrot

Post by AJPeter »

Each of them have their own ways which is why they are so delightful last week Billie gave a standing ovation to Gordon she has not seen him for some time, however she bit him on the neck l told him it was a love bite but he came again today she hardly noticed him but did condescent to fly to his shoulder but wary of her beak he was flapping a rolled up newspaper between him and Billie this was upsetting her, l tried to get her off his shoulder but her hackles were up so l had to use the big stick.
After astruggle she got on and l put her back in her cage so she could calm down.

Yesterday I took a chance and washed the kitchen floor with some Flash carefully flushing it out with lots of clean air. She survived that so I took another chance today with the bathroom floor adding large amounts of fresh air, it is amazing how ineffective water is on dirt.

I forgot to defrost cheese and she was very upset there was none l tried to show her that frozen cheese is not easy to cut, l found some cheeslets in the fridge and offered her some but like me she is not keen on soft cheese

In keeping with sameness l moved her perches around she tried to bite my hand but after l explained what l was doing she just watched with interst and then tried them out. She prefers the vegbowl to fruit but tucks into the pomegranite. Tesco increased their price from £1 each to £1.50 which l thought was outrageous so l bought three @ £2 from ASDA. I shall tell her it is this or nothing she does not like ASDA pomegranites
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Knowing Billie, it will be Waitrose or Harrods next. I personally wouldn't invite anyone who distressed Sanjay, again. He isn't keen on Jack my grandson, so Sanjay stays in his palace, and I sometimes cover it if he gets really upset. Its only because Jack can't stay still for more than a few seconds. Little people worry him. There were fat juicy figs And prickly pear on the market stall yesterday, but no pomegranate, and no bunches of Dill, being philosophical, Sanjay played Pollyanna's "glad game", he loves figs and prickly pear.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

How different to Sanjay is Billie, she does not like figs or dates she has just discovered sweet potato, not that she swallows it just squeezes it and spit the remains out.

Good news Parrot magazine arrived today with Alex on the front cover, interesting article on refined sugar, last year Billie loved porridge made with Golden syrup which may have been the root of her hormonal problem. Either l say no to her or eat my porridge (with lashing of golden syrup) in the Kitchen or l do the decent thing and commit hurry curry. I have a sweet tooth.

Tonight Billie shared my evening meal, she made a parrot line for the cheese that was hiding under the lettuce, she ate a bit of that and nobbled some letuce, OOPS! that should have been 'nibbled', and some grated carrot, refused any of my quiche she left leaving a mess on the table.

Just as l was clearing away she wanted to go to bed, 5.30 pm l told her it was too early and she pouted so l asked her "Are you sure?" And she reaffirmed it was bedime so l covered her up.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Does Billie semaphore with her wings?, Sanjay does when I ask him if he wants to go to bed, and he makes a little noise of affirmation too. Today he had a piece of my egg, he likes cheese, but I don't eat hard cheese myself, so I sometimes buy the little miniature net bags to share, I have the soft cheeses, he gets the hard ones, but not all at once, or too frequently.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Time to start a new thread look for Bilie the wonder parrot part 2