Hi

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Demir

Hi

Post by Demir »

Hi,

My name is Demir, bought my IRN on June 28th. The guy from the pet shop told that he was 4 months old.. so he is right now 5 months. The feathers and the tail (is quite long for a 4 months old parrot?) of my parrot where quite damaged i have no idea how that is happened but he is going crazy when someone comes near him, i think that must be the reason?

I'm very sad that my parrot is still scarred.. while he is the whole time in the cage on the corner of the living room and nobody is bothering him for almost 2 months? When i just walk to him slowly he jumps immediately and starts to panic :| I'm not quite sure what to do.......... he tries to escape the whole time from the cage so he goes around like a monkey. The cage is big enough for him, its a parrot training cage.
I still have the hope that he will accept us :(

Anyway nice to meet everyone here and i hope that i can get some advice from this forum.
GeveZe

Re: Hi

Post by GeveZe »

Welcome to the forum =)
Demir

Post by Demir »

GeveZe wrote:Welcome to the forum =)
Hi, Thank you.

Must be from Turkey. :)
GeveZe

Post by GeveZe »

Yes, you must be , too =D
Demir

Post by Demir »

GeveZe wrote:Yes, you must be , too =D

Yep :) from the capital.
Nice to meet you.
cricketsmom

Post by cricketsmom »

Nice to meet you. My IRN is a very shy bird also, but hopefully she will come around in time. Pet stores certainly ruin birds...
Demir

Post by Demir »

exactly they do not care about the animals the only thing that they want is money..
Wessel Gordon

Post by Wessel Gordon »

Hi Demir

I recently bought a yellow female that I've been looking for for a long time from a petshop as well. Since I've known the owner for roughly 30 years I was able to negotiate him down to about half his asking price.

She was kept in a small cage all by herself for a few weeks and since I purchased her and put her in a cage with 3 other IRN's she has rarely been close to the others but I'm hoping that time and seeing the others take treats from me will eventually draw her out to be become a part of the flock.

So just be patient: it will take time (maybe even months) before your birds accepts your presence.

Wessel