AJPeter

The adventures of Billie the wonder parrot

Post by AJPeter »

Chapter two
AJPeter

Re: The adventures of Billie the wonder parrot

Post by AJPeter »

Chapter three.

An odd thing has happened to Billie she shed her long tail feathers 14" and grew two shorter ones 10" long but now she has shed those as well and sprouts tail feathers a sparrow would be proud of. So what is going on? She cannot fly with the short tail feathers.

She reallty enjoyed her shower this morning ducking and diving, turning up side down on the perch except she became too clever and fell off the perch, only by grabbing hold of the shower curtain did she avoid a fate worse than death, drowning!

If you are wondering what happened to Chapter one and two, well l can tell you that chapter one got left behind in Parrot speak easy and it is any one's guess where chapter two went. It might be right behind.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Billie is such a great character her antics always make me laugh. It is gooseberry time again and Sanjay is extremely pleased about it. His tail feathers haven't dropped yet, I daresay Billie wasn't happy with her first set of new ones, maybe she thought they made her bum look big?
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Could be but l am hoping that the stumpy feathers she is sprouting will grow longer.

When l have a shower put the plug in to see how much water l have used a quick shower l/3 bath of water a longer shower half a bath of water but Billie uses a whole bath full!

Neighbours! Who needs them!

If Billie does not get a good nights sleep she takes it out on me! I can use ear plugs AH! What I need are some parrot sized ear muffs for Billie.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie was making anxious noises today l thought it was a fly she gets her knickers in a twist over flies, but no so l guessed she wanted a shower but no she would not leave my soulder in the bathroom no matter how hard l tried the shimmy. so in the end l guessed she was in a draught and cold so l turned on the heating. The temp quickly rose from 73 to 77 before l could turn the gas fire off.

She makes me laugh when l offer her something to eat that she does not want she sits still hoping l will go away but when l try and wave the morsel under her nose she leans away like a child refusing to take his medicine! But she takes the biscuit at dinner time l prepare for her a nice bowl of tasty food like that which adorns my plate she has a quick look and then sits on the door of her cage and leans forward. There is nothing worse than having some one watch every morsel go down the hatch, l relent and give her some of mine.

Some she will eat others she will drop. The floor is soon littered with food. Today l gave her a whole pomegranite, it hung in her cage on a spike and looked like the Red Balloon, she inpected it looking for an openning and finally made an incision, I think she hopes to become a famous female surgeon when she grows up. I have not decided yet on what l want to be when l grow up/
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Well she did not like the whole pomegranite so it is back to quarters hanging up, recently with this hot weather l have covered her age with blankets and not put the top down, l thnk she apreciates the extra space under the blankets
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Won't the blankets make her hotter?. I found a tail feather the other day, it measured 10.5 inches!, I had to measure it twice because I couldn't believe I'd got it right first time. I spent three hours steam cleaning and thoroughly washing perches etc yesterday, the first thing Sanjay did when he went back in, was ask for a shower. The best newspaper for the floor of his palace is the financial times, nice big sheets like the telegraph, but more resistant, we used the FT for our puppies, when we bred dogs.I thought Sanjay was fickle about food, but Billie could teach him a few more tricks by the sound of it!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I kept the 14 " tail feathers in case some one disputed my measurement, but it looks to me as if the birds grow their tail feathers to match the size of cage, this cage is a bit on the small side for her. But she is still shedding feathers it worries me a bit because she has not touched the cuttle fish bone, so l sprinkle her seeds with crushed oyster shell to try an make up the calcium. I could put some calcioum drops in her water but the last itme l tried that it turned her off the water.

I used to use local free news paper to line the botom of her cage and surround but this cage has a plastic tray which is easy to keep clean, a quick wash in the sink and it is as good as new and since l bought the plastic carpet protector l can do away with the unsighly paper on the floor, and all l need do is to dunk the plastic into the sink with a little scrubbing and it is beautiful again.

She did not go for the whole pomegranite, pecked a few holes and ignored it so l have gone back to the quarters. she gets a bowl of veg, and of fruit, and of seeds with additional bits placed on the top of her cage.

When l folded down the top there was not much room for her to move about but now l keep the top open, l rearrange the perch and pull the blankets over, she bit me last night, l think she see this as a game, l made it into one by folding the blanket around her. But she hung out the going to bed until 7.30 pm! Tonight she was sitting on her sleeping perch at 6 pm and was quite happy for me to cover her up.

she does not like it when l prop open a door. l get dark looks and sometimes a cold stare, she is a bit opf a drama queen aren't we all, by sitting on the perch shivering l say to her "Its 75 in here you cannot be cold." but never the less close the door.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie likes iced lemon tea, l offered her some in a saucer and she loved it next l gave her own dish and then added an ice cube, She has never seen an ice cube before but she managed to pick it up, but dropped it then she went down to retrieve it and carried it in her mouth from the floor of the cage to the top.

When she first partook it she supped just like my great grand father who lived in Penn, who would pour his tea and to a saucer and then sup it, I was about seven and l remember he wore trousers with a button fly and the bottom button was peeking out. We used top call fly buttons "Muffins" and anyone whoose fly buttons could be seen was called a "Muffin man." I was quite looking forawrd to becoming a muffin man until l was fourteen when zips became the vogue, these were a painfull experince until you got used to them/

Billie had a lovely shower this afternoon she is becoming more confident turning up side down and fanning her tail feathers
she only used half a bath of water today. When l went shopping yesterday l could hear her calling as l walked down the drive and when l came back she saw me and started to call, it is lovely to be welcomed home.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

It is indeed. But Do make sure you are not "flying low" near Billie, she would feel Awfully Embarrassed.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

"More Lemon tea Madame?"

"Is it iced?"

I make the lemon tea in a yellow thermos and when l brought it in this after noon Billie squealed with delight, she dipped and dipped until l went out and bought in some ice. The cube was too big to pick up so she bit pieces off and carried one up to a high perch but it slipped out of her beak when she got there!

Last year she liked to come down the side of the cage near where l was sitting and when l put my hand out she would clamber on and have a neck scratch. I was ever so pleased she did that again to day after a few moments she had had enough and wanted to go back.

In the morning it takes her 5 minutes to wake up but tonight she couldnot get the blanket over the cage fast enough so she helped me cover her up. Sweet!

I get dressed in the LR near her cage but l say to her "No peeking!"

But she says to me "Seen it before!"
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Ooh! I say!, the brazen little hussy!, Sanjay was peeking today when I washed the curtains and he could see everything going on outside.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

We started today so well, she had a fly around, came onto side table to listen to the answer phone had a neck scratch.
We enjoyed lunch together, but it all went to pieces this afternoon when l tried to re-arrange the inside of her cage, without a by your leave she ran up and bit me, and got shut in for her pains and mine.
The best apology l got was a submissive crouch on the perch so l relented and let her out but instead of enjoying the freedom she sulked. It's your beak you are cutting off, l told her. I went out to make the lemon tea and when l came back she was sitting on her door looking as if butter would not melt in her beak. She loves lemon tea and dipped her beak so deeply the tea ran down her chin. I added some ice and she bit pieces off and chomped on them. We had a very friendly session when she flew to my shoulder, and said she did not want a shower today and l told her it was too wet so sit in the garden, so she flew back to her cage we are friends again.
She enjoyed the bread crust l gave her for afternoon tea, and at dinner time l gave her own bowl of of salad and cheese but she preferred to be hand fed from my plate and ignorred the salad bowl, we had some fun and games at bed time where l pretentded to wrap her in a the blanket, she came out like a hornet from hell and l thought I was going to get my just deserts. I like dutch apple pie best.
She helped pull the blanket over her head and is now fast asleep in the LR.
Last edited by AJPeter on Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

If l watch Billie having a shower she just sits there with her eyes closed but if l draw the shower curtain l can still see her in the mirrow and she stretches and ducks under the water, do other birds like privacy in the shower? She was really wet and enjoyed the shower so much that when l turned it off she was only too pleased to climb onto my shoulder, usaually l have to pry her off the clothes horse with a stick.

I played the organ but today she only wanted to sit by the phone, l thought she was waiting for a call, she had her usual lunch and this afternoon we both had a nap l awoke with a deterination to weigh her. At one point l was standing on the scales she put up a rear guard action but in the end l had to towel her. 241 grams. Good. Her weight has been steady for 4 months. She was so good l gave her lemon tea early. I forgot the ice cubes and she let me know but I went out for some and she held one in her beak. Then her foot it was so cold she shivered.

Stew tonight, l make a really good stew with rice, she had her portion and then some of mine and so we spent a conival evening together unti she beeped and it was time to go to bed she loves helping pull the blankets over the top of her cage!
GeveZe

Post by GeveZe »

So lovely, i like to read your posts everyday.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

These posts are very entertaining!, but then, Billie is a very entertaining little person.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I forgot to leave the TV on when l went to church, everything was in a rush because l took some new sleeping tablets and it was the alarm that woke me at 9 am, l felt like a zombie and still half asleep but managed to get her cage cleaned and bowl filled before l left. She was pleased to see me come home but instead of making a fuss of me she dived for her seed bowl. She does eat when l am out, l found a half eaten grape on the carpet it was sitting there pretending to be an id.

And then before lunch she wanted a shower she makes a pip squeak and wilfred sort of sound, l thought she wanted the sound on the TV turned up but in the end my penny dropped and l took her out into the bath room on my shoulder. She does not like the water too hot in fact tepid is the word l would use. She got very wet and l thought she had had enough so l turnerd the taps off but she would not leave the clothes horse. So l turned the taps back on and pushed her under the shower but then when l turned them off again she was alright and came on tio my shoulder. I think she had some soap in her eyes.

After breakfast which really is brunch we had a doze she woke first and let me know she was ready for the lemon tea with ice, l caught up on the recorded programs and she gargled in the remainder of the lemon tea which had grown cold. So l gave her a top up with out ice and she rinsed her mouth out and hung out the going to bed until 7:15 pm when l took no more nonsense and covered her up. So ended another good day with Billie the wonder parrot!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Alls well that ends well. Sanjay is in a very good mood this morning, cuddles singing, and lots of bell ringing,
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I am thinking of buying a bell for Billie but she is not keen on noise. Her poop this morning was lime green and rather runny so l thought "No more lemon tea for you" At the apropiate time l made some blackcurrant juice for her in her china bowl.

She took one look, had a taste and then tippd the bowl up and threw it into the floor. it landed on her china bath. Luckily
neither broke. So l made some lemon tea with ice, fortuantely she was only interested in the ice. So l drank some and it gave me a nasty turn, so no more lemon tea for me. OR HER.

We had a neighbour dsipute in our cul de sac and there was a lot of shouting so nosey parker had to have a look and l joined her, she flew to my shoulder for a better look. I took her into the bathroom and turnd on the taps but no she did not want a shower, then a l got the cat box and after a lot indecision she did not want to go out in the garden.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I'm not surprised! The riff raff might have shouted at her!, a girl cannot be too careful but a bit of curtain twitching can be highly entertaining, when Sanjay and I curtain twitch, I say " O'er! Ooh I say! " and that peaks his interest even more.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Tantrums today.

"No you are not having any more Lemon tea!"

"SHEIK! SHREIK! SHREIK!" She sounds like a cherokee injun on the war path

So l relented and put some ice in her bowl and added some tea from the pot, and she was a happy as a sand boy, but as the ice melted the water got higher and covered her beak every so often she surfaced and drew a fresh breath. I think she was playing ships with the ice cubes.

We had the usual shailly shallying whether she would go in the cat box but l drummed on the outside and in she went. i was quite cold and as the sun had his hat on we came back inside.

I tell Billie "No peeking" and just like Sanjay it makes her worse.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

We had a shower today, l say we it was Billie she sat one the perch and me who got wetter than her, trying to get her under the shower, she just sits there with her eyes closed, so l took the shower off its hook and sprayed her she was a bit alarmed and opened her wings and got water in her arm pit for her pains, she seemed to love it so she got some more water under the arms but l thought enough was enough, but after l turned off the water she wanted more, so she got more and so did I!

I have moved her cage into the bay window where she first had it in August last year, she loves looking out of the window but l am a bit worried about drafts, l personally like a breeze but what is one man's breeze is another parrots draft. In her old cage there doors for access all over the cage and one summer's day l accidentally left a door open and she found her way out. I had left the windows open and when l got home l found her on top of the cage enjoying the breeze!

She loves ice cubes but they make her feet cold and she was holding one cube but trying to keep her foot warm inside her breast feathers, poor dear.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I don't know which direction your window faces, but I hope Billie isn't in direct sunlight, Sanjay likes having his pits sprayed, I don't give him ice cubes, but his water comes from the chiller.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

The baywindow faces east and we get the afternoon sun, there are trees nearby that provide shade late in the afternoon.
Where her cage was around the corner she got no sun but now it is the bay window and well lit l can see l shall have to get out the steamer and give it a clean. (The cage not the steamer)

She hates drafts so l use the nets to shield her from the breeze, but even so she lets me know in no unceertain terms that she is in a draft. We had a shower this morning it started with her sitting the perch with her eyes closed so l used the spray to reach areas never washed. She took it all in good fun and after wards sat on her cage preening. Then we had lunch and l put an enormous cabbage leaf on the top of her cage. Her eyes boggled.

My thoughts of having a nap were short lived as she wanted to go out and sit in the cat box in the garden, Billie loves it when people come up and say hallo, but it was not very warm a cold wind so we came back in. Since l moved everything around she was having a job finding her seed bowl, so l gave her some ice cubes to play with. Her foot got so cold she dropped the ice cube and hid her foot under her feathers. Poor dear!

You should heard the fuss she made when diiner was late, l turned the knob the wrong way and instead of boiling the egg the cooker thought l wanted a coddled egg so that delayed the start of dinner, you should have heard the choice language coming from the living room. I did not know she knew such words!

Dinner over l was just settling down to watch the news when she decided it was bed time, maybe she reaized that my down stairs neighbour was going out ont the tiles tonight and she (the parrot) wanted an early night.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay has an Arcadia UV light attached to the roof of his palace, so his alcove is always bright, my bay window faces West, so there is a South facing side window and a North one. He was in a grumpy mood yesterday, but back to his affable cuddly self today. With much sing song and bell ringing. He isn't too keen on Cabbage, preferring pak choi, he likes to bore into a Courgette too.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Sanjay lives well, all Billie gets is floor standing lamp she sits close by. Billie does not like cucumber so what she would make of a courgette is anyone's guess, l have to be careful, no use buying her stuff l do not like. I was gong to buy a worship keybard and moved everything in the LR round to make room. Bille was in the bay window, she kept complaining about drafts the net curtains did not shield her enough, so l had to close the windows and then she started to complain about the sun light so l had to draw the curtains, in the end l cancelled the new key board and put everything back as it was, Billie is happy she is round the corner no longer in a draft or direct sunlight, her cage is in a good position to clean.

An amazing thing happened this afternoon she a actually said thank you when l handed her a pepper mint, not in so many words but a sort of grunt, we had fun on the clothes horse dodging the water spray until she pooped in my bath, so l called time and other choice words, but after l had turned off the taps she would not leave the clothes horse so dreatic measures were called for l gave the clothes horse a good shake, this shook her up and she jumped for my shoulder.

Billie tells me she is not keen on cabbage either but f nothing else is available then nothing else is preferable. She was in a very playful mood at bed time grabbing the blanket and helping me cover her up. I watch the news, she grinds her beak to let me know she wants absolute silence l grind my beak.... oops bed time
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

It's a better out than in thing, when you've gotta go, you've gotta go. Sanjay makes a "thank you" sound too, and ever since he began making the sound I have answered "you're welcome", he likes my days at the charity shop when I let him out first thing, this is because I work until the shop closes at 5pm, he is really playful, and spends more time just messing around instead of going straight back inside when I've finished putting fresh food in the cage.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Does Sanjay stay out all day? Billie does she does not move much and as soon as l get home she dives for the seed dish but l know she eats when l am out. Billie has been calling the shots today first just as the Tour de France started she wanted a shower she stands on top of her cage and shrieks looking towards tha bathroom. It was obvious the right interpretation because she got on the clothes horse straight away. Then while l watched the tour she preeened her self but at 1.30 she let me know she wanted breakfast, after that was all cleared away l would have settled for a nap oh no she wanted to go out. A new folding table arrived yesterday and it is great but as l sat down on the picnic chair it decided it had had enough and broke. But as it was cold and I persuaded Billie to come and in l dashed down to Argos to buy another, when l got back l was able to watch the end of day of the tour but soon she had me on the go again with dinner.
Stew and rice. She had her own dish with choice items but she sat one her door breathing down my neck so l offered my spoon at at every mouthful .

I have appointed her my official food taster. 6.30 pm she was ready to call it a day.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

No, Sanjay doesn't stay out all day, he doesn't need to, as he has such a huge cage and can fly around inside, secondly, If I am going out, which is virtually every day, I would worry about him, he might fly into another room and not be able to find his way back, I like to have all my doors open. When he comes out daily, I let him take as much time as he needs, but he loves his palace so much, he is never out for huge amounts of time.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I prop my doors open too, l dare say if Billie put her mind to it she could squeeze though but take today for instance when l got home from church l found her sitting on her cage door staring intently at a blank screen, l had forgotten to turn the TV on for her!

Billie is not keen on cartoons, l see her turning her head, but in action films she justs stares intently, yesterday l asked did she want Formula 1 or Tour de france, the Tour won hands down or is it wings up?
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

What does BAD GATEWAY mean?

I clicked on a post and that came up, had a quick look to see if l had picked up a virus no it looks normal, l tell you computers are worse than IRN

Billie has been a dream today, quick to draw may attention to meal times and other activities. We had our usual fun and games at bedtime she wanted to help cover her cage and got over excited and nearly bit my nose, people say "Its no skin
off my nose" they should try rubbing noses with a parrot!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay liked to gently nibble my nose when he let's me "cuddle" him, the best nose biters are baby puppies, one of our Samoyed puppies bit his prospective owner on the nose, just as his sire had done at the same age (four Weeks)
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Perhaps your nose looks like a bone!

The good news about computers is that they do not throw their food all over the floor. Hint...Hint

Cheese is back on the menu but scratch corn on the cob.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I learnt two important lessons about Billie today, she does not like tepid water in the shower, in order to reduce the flow l turned down the hor water tap and the boiler went out so only cold came through. Billie became alive, she loved it fanning her tail doing somersaults and spreading her wings, twice l turned off the taps and shook the clothes horse she had to come one my shoulder and twice she flew back to the clothes horse for more cold water. Eventually she had enough, and went back to herr cage wringing wet!

The other lesson l am still trying to work out what she is doing, inside the cat box she shredded some paper started to rip up a linen serviette, she wanted to return over and over again. Is she nest building? Do eggs follow? Wait and see!
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

I have learned that turning the shower head toward the wall that the mist will bounce off and it turns out that's better than letting the bird sit there and saturate.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Thank you Donovan, Billie sits on the perch while the water bounces of it and she gets wet and my idea of her prefering a cold water shower went out of window today when would not get under, however by adding a spray bottle to mist her helps with the getting wet principle, she loves the shower and will retrun to the perch if l try to take her away too early. I sort of get the impression she wants to choose the moment she ducks and dives/

I will try your idea of turn the shower head agaisnt the wall, but the clothes horse legs do not allow much room to move closer to the wall. However she is not keen on me using the shower head to spray her directly. We live and learn/

We went out to sit in the sun exccept she is not a sun lover and moves inside the box to keep out of the sun.
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

You can use really warm water... by the time it bounces off the wall in the form of mist it's pretty cool... and the warmer water hitting the shower wall keeps the surrounding air warm.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

AJ, do you wash your bird every day?, no wonder you can't do a thing with her!, I only spray Sanjay when he signals for one because I think they need the natural oils in their plumage, besides, he could end up as wrinkled as a prune.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

What is a female wrinkled prune called? Billie. no she has a shower every other day or two. This hot weather she enjoys a quick spray, but today has been a bit of everything day, after a cage clean watch TV for a while and then a shower, then brunch then going out side and sit in the shade but she got bored after half hour and so we came in, then some ice cubes, then dinner, stew and rice sounds horrible but is easy to make she loves the sweet corn, watch TV and bed at 5.45 pm

BTW has any one tried parrot pooh for roses? I have some spare if you are eager. I am thinking of selling parrot litter, but not the cat kind no this is the debris at floor level around her cage must be good for something? You would laugh l bought a new carpet sweeper and put the old Hoover by our bins it was gone 10 minutes later!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

My daughter never had to pay the council for bulk waste collection where she used to live, just dump broken machines/furniture by the bins, et voila! It vanished over night.Sanjay came running at speed along the top of his cage and nipped me this morning!, I was swapping old food for new at the time. It wasn't hard, painful or gory, but it wasn't his usual nibble either. I offered one of his cat balls, and finished off while he had his beak full.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Just an off day for Sanjay, if he were really trying he would have taken you finger!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

It Was totally against character, he's only ever drawn blood once, the first and only time I was forced to towel him.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

The only time l towel Billie is when it is scales time, she makes me laugh when l finally get her onto the scales standing still she looks at me as if to say why did you not tell me what you wanted? Her weight has remained fairly constant for 4 months. I like to weigh her at least once a month.

I was a lot longer at church than normal and when l got home she flew at me, l thought it was curtains (Creme type) but she sat on my shoulder ever so pleased to see me. She helped me prepare brunch and then we left the dishes with wishes in the sink that they would clean themselves, and sat out in the garden, but she got bored and so we came back in. I had a doze and she kept very quiet and then we had Shepherd's pie for dinner she ate all hers and then sat on the door and wanted to eat half of mine!

Billie bites me regularly and l tell her how much it hurts, l think she enjoys watching me hop around on one leg! I told her she would get a 3 match ban, but it is water off a ducks back for her.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay was waspish again today, but no nipping. Then he signaled he wanted a shower with the spray bottle and I obliged, rewarded with a dried fig, he was back to his affable self in no time.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Pandemonium

If that is not the proper spelling you get my point. I decided l wanted a grilled dinner tonight but put the platter on the wrong shelf in the oven and went to sit down to watch the Tour de France Billie and like watching this. All of a sudden l could smell something burning so l went out to the kitchen and opened the oven door smoke poured out this set off Smoke alarm Number 1, I have found if you shout at smoke alarms and wave your arms they stop and it did so I opened the other door to let the smoke out and Number 2 smoke alarm wanted a go so l shouted at it and waved my arms. This set off number 1 again then l and just as l mananged to stop them both I could hear a new wailing it was Billie she had tried to fly out of a closed window and fallen behind the organ.

I carefully lifted her out making sure her wings did not catch on anything and l hugged her, she was very frightened, l put her back on her cage and she stood there with on foot curled up, I offered to kiss it better she thought l was taking the biscuit and l realized that it was a bridge too far so we both glossed over that bit, l stroked her foot and she allowed me straighten it out. At one stage l thought match sticks would be needed for splints but gradually she straightened her foot and stood on it.

In the morning twice she rode my shoulder into the bathroom and twice she turned down a shower but the then she started skinny dipping in her bath tub in the cage so I took her back to the bathroom and she stood on the clothes horse as the water flowed she loved it ducking and diving under the water, when she was wringing wet l turned off the water she wanted more but I said no. She was reluctant to leave the bathroom but when her cage hove in sight she flew to it but being water logged she only just made it.

After brunch she was hopping up and down and wanted to go out, it was not all that warm but one of her friends came up she she was ever so pleased to see him. But it got a bit chilly so we came in.
After tea she had a couple of ice cubes to chomp on but then came the hiatus at dinner time, I sat down to a burnt offering! after we had both finnished eating at 6 pm she signalled it was bed time and she helped me cover the cage!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The name for a group of parrots is A Pandemonium of Parrots". Anyway, I'm glad no real harm was done. Today was a good day, I bought some soft dried fruit from Lidl, and Sanjay sampled dried pear slices and pitted prune for the first time they went down the little red road very nicely.I also got a punnet of lovely fresh blackberries, he has always had a penchant for them, even though they stain!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

We cannot help but spoil them, l tried some black berries from the hedgerow and Billie did not even try them, they were too sharp for me. I have merged all her seeds into a big box and now have enough to last her until christmas.

I do not like Lidl, you never know what you are buying, but Asda is okay, but Billie does not like pomegranite from Asda, does not like corn on the cob from Tesco. Asda sell little bags of fruit a good favourite with Billie is mixed apple and pear slices.

Has Sanjay had his gooseberries yet? I have not seen any in the supermarkets, but l am fairly sure Billie will not eat them.

We went out in the sun for nearly an hour but no one came up to say hallo, several neighbours drove out with out stopping, this really annoyed Billie. She did not want a shower so l misted her with Aloe vera.

Is parrot pooh any good for cold sores?
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I am trying out some new skill.
The name for a group of parrots is A Pandemonium of Parrots".
is this working? WOW!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Yes, the WRVS stall has been selling goosegogs for a month or so now. Fortunately we did two tours of A Germany so I Do know what I am buying from Lidl, the nearest ASDA is miles away in Biggleswade and Tesco don't have pointy peppers in fact they haven't had any for a while. Lidl also have Huge pears, and the "cheeks" are ideal for slicing and spearing. Tomorrow is market day, so the Asian stall will be there for Papaya, bitter melon and big fresh bunches of Dill and Coriander (Cilantro to our American cousins). Sanjay loves swearing (not literally) at his jjingly cat balls, he gets very stroppy with them!, I don't know why, I think he is trying to be "well 'ard".
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Perhaps Sanjay has mood swings, Billie does she spends hours in the cat box ripping up paper, and a linen double damask table knapkin. She was ready for bed but l foolishly allowed her ten minutes in the cat box and could not get her out, so tipped the box up and she slid out with everything else, she sat on her cage and sulked then screamed l tried placating her and let her climb on my leg and she pooped on my trousers this the first time ever she has pooped on me.

I kept sayng no to her her rants and at 7.45 pm an hour and three quarters past bed time she eventually went down, l quickly covered her up she was very annoyed she only went down for refreshements. She sat under the blankets gnashing her teeth.