unknown death

A place for us to talk about the loss of a pet, even if not a ringneck. A place to grief and receive information and support from our family. Memorialize your pet by posting a picture and sharing information about your baby.

Moderator: Mods

megin

unknown death

Post by megin »

Hi all,

This morning I went out to my aviary changed water gave fresh fruit and a pat to those who like to be patted. Everyone seemed fine. This afternoon I went to top up the water give fresh food and I founf one of my ringnecks dead on the ground with green stuff coming out her mouth...

Did she choke?.... does she have a disease?.......should I empty the aviary seperate birds and I dont know what to do or why she died??

Can anyone help please??
clawnz

Re: unknown death

Post by clawnz »

Sorry for your lost one.
Necropsy is the only way to be sure what happened, but green coming out of the mouth does not sound good.
You should consider getting a necropsy done for the sake of your other birds.
Contact your Avian Vet and see how to keep the body until you can get it to the vet.
I am not sure what other things you could do to safe guard the other without knowing what your bird died of. And if it is something they could catch it is already to late. So they may all need treatment and aviary sanitised. And maybe not.
Fingers crossed for you and your flock.
megin

Post by megin »

Thank u clawnz for ur help. Im new to the area here but I did find a avian who can help.
Thank you so much for your help.
Xxoo
MissK

Post by MissK »

So, does the vet say what happened?
-MissK