Parrot Speak Easy

Moderator: Mods

SkyeBerry

Re: Parrot Speak Easy

Post by SkyeBerry »

Peter - I did not like spam before. I do not like spam now. I will never like spam. Any kind of spam. And I am saddened to find so much here. :(
Mary
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Hi, I use an old toothbrush with the steamer, and a cloth to dry as I go, all I know is that it works a treat at shifting embedded grime and sticky bits of fruit etc adhering to the bars and crevices.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

In different places on the Forum spam is creeping in, my reference was not to food, however l think a steamer is a good idea and will look out for one as poop when it dries is the devil to shift.

I went to Wilko's today and bought a carpet protector for £4.50 a vinyl sheet 150mm by 67mm? I cut it up into strips one at the back of the cage and two side pieces and and a big piece at the front. When l had finnished l suddenly realized that it was big enough to go under the cage without cutting, Wilkos only had the one but if l see another l will buy it and not cut it.

Billie goes to bed at 7pm unless she want to watch the late night film, when l wake her in the morning at 9 am l carefully remove the covers she looks as if she has been on the tiles all niight, l take her bowls out to the kitchen to wash and when l come back she is sitting the top of her cage looking as if butter would not melt in her mouth. She likes to poop in private. The good thing about this cage is that to has a plastic tray which is very easy to clean.

Billie has spells of liking things she went off Corn cob, but enjoyed the one l hung up for her last week but towards the end she was not eating it. A couple of weeks ago she was tucking into the vegs as if there was no tomorrow, but this week it is the last thing on her mind fruit is still going strong tho' she is a picker wont eat pinaple, bluebarry, some horrible green friuit, it all comes is a tray from ASDA. She hates strawberries, tomatoes, plums, black grapes the list is endless!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Tomatoes are toxic, AJ, so Billie is a clever girl to refuse them, like potato, they are a member of the nightshade family.
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

Regarding tomatoes- I believe the red fruit is edible - Melika states that there might be some concern about the acidity, so it should be fed in moderation. It is the green parts of the plant, stem, leaf etc - I am not sure about the root - that is toxic.

Sanjays mummi - I figured the steamer would be wonderful. I'll try and do a bit of research about the aerosolization, perhaps ask the vet. With how hot I use the water to clean the cage, I am not sure there is any difference. Are you able to use the steamer where you normally keep the cage, or is too much water produced? If you are happy with the steamer you use, do you mind supplying the make and model?
Mary
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

All it says on the box is "wallpaper stripper and steamer", I believe my late husband bought the kit from a DIY store, I wheel the palace out of the alcove on to a tarpaulin, this catches any drips, and steam a little at a time, using the brush in crevices and then drying with a cloth, Sanjay perches happily on the chandelier watching with great interest.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie called to go to bed and then changed her mind she did this at least three times l told her she was sailing too close to the wind and as every sailor knows that when that happens you go into irons and the sail will not draw the wind. I think she likes to tease me, just to see if l will leap and l do every time.
But one day she will get her come uppance and if any one is interested to know back in the days of King William and Queen Mary the undertakers approached the King with a petition, they said the grave diggers were charging the earth for holes they dug to bury paupers. it was bad enough they should charge for the hole but to charge for the earth as well was a bit strong, so the King ruled that the undeertakers should charge for a paupers' burial tuppence, (Two pence), so the undetakers the next time the grave diggers tried it on wished the grave diggers a tuppeny funeral and hope their end would come soon.

Over the years this got shortened to Kingdom come (ie end of the world) and a tuppence funeral which got shortened to the hope the undertakers had that the grave diggers would get their Come Uppance!

I have a million other interesting facts
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You do Peter, and I love every one of them. Mary
Mary
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

Sanjays mummi - I did not think of a wallpaper steamer - I assumed it was one of those 'new' steamers now suggested to clean bathrooms, curtains, and the inside of stoves etc - I'll have to check out the hardware store and see what options there might be with a wallpaper steamer. Thanks - of course, there are also garment steamers, too.
Mary
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Well, it has a square flat attachment for wallpaper, but it also has pointy nozzles for other jobs such as you mention. AJ, Billie must be very impressed by your bits of information, :wink: :wink:
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Oh yes we are very high brow in here, but she got my goat tonight, this is of course the scape goat, every one needs a scape goat. Back in the old days, the villagers would tie their complaints, and misfortunes and bad luck charms onto a goat and chase it out into the desert, the villages believed it was a good way to get rid of bad luck!

Today is shepherd's pie day and Billie knows it too, l was out in the kitchen getting the lamb from the shed but it escaped and dashed down into the cellar, Billie thought l was eating the shepherds pie and nor sharing it with her, and she made a dickens of row in the living room in anguish that l had eaten the lot so l tried to tell her that we do nor have a cellar but she thought l was telling porkies.

If any one has kept pigs they will know that the critters yell when ever they think the sausage man is coming, and when it is discovered they were crying wolf all the time here wait a minute l have forgoetten where we are, in the meantime does any one want to buy any guano? A spoonful will do wonders for the potatoes. It is pretty good for spoons too!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

And there was Sanjay, all agog because he thought Shepherds pie was made from Shepherds, sigh,
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Hope to buy a steamer cleaner thing from Argos tomorrow for £40, l have been thinking of what else l could use it for besides cleaning Billie's cage, the oven is top of the list then the bath room and toilet. I was looking at Billie's cage today and there were dried bits of yuk on her cage so l shall give her cage a good clean.

The shepherd's pie was very tasty we enjoyed it, chicken and chips tonight, Billie was allowed a small crucnhy chip, lots of corn but the chicken pieces l cooked for her especially she turned her nose up at them.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay especially likes the crispy tail end of fish, when I have fish and chips, he says his favourite chicken is when it is roasted and has crispy skin. Our feathered friends are quite epicurean, aren't they?
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Steamboat Wiliie has nothing on me! Today l bought a Bissell steam shot home cleaner. I showed it to Billie but she got her knickers in a twist when l switched it on, and she would not go into the cat box so l could clean her cage even when l promised to take her out in the the sunshine.

So l was forced to clean all those nasty little places in hte house that very rarely get cleaned like the threshold into the kitchen, behind the loo, under the wash basing. I went mad Billie was still boxing the compass, l cleaned the desk in here it is amazing how efficeint the cleaner is.

Then l cleaned the table in the LR but Bille would not let me clean the cage so l shall atempt that on another day.
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

Maybe Billie just thought the flat was due for a little spring steaming? You should feel very proud of your sparkling clean home. Time to invite someone over for dinner?
Mary
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay takes to the safety of my 12 ft high chandelier when she sees preparation for steam cleaning, and will not venture down until I say the magic word, which is "Sorted!"
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

You are always welcome Mary top pop over, Sanjay is nearer. l was going to ask what happened when Sanjay's cage is cleaned and now l know, today Billie allowed me to bring the steamer into her cage and clean the corners of her plastic tray which the brush cannot get into she has a tray that slides out and that got the steam in the kitchen.

When l placed the steameer into her cage she was gob smacked, and looked shell shocked as l took it out but she got her own back later in the day when she tried to take out a chunk of my hand. I did my war dance stuff. "Ow ouch ow, kiss it better Billie!" Wow nealy lost a finger that time.

She has been moody all day, l think it is the molt, some one said probably MissK that the tail feathers are the last to go, well Billie dropped one today, so maybe she is coming to the end of the molt. She has done quite well kept herself looking tidy through out. I put it down to Feather up and liberal amounts of Aloe Vera.

She is reluctant to eat any cuttle fush bone so we play a game l prepare a foot toy for her and give her small piece of cuttlefish bone to chew on while she waits, She looks at me as if l am daft and drops the cuttle fish bone, l pick it up and tell he "Eat or no toy!" after several attempts she gets the message and nibbles the cuttle fush bone and gets her foot toy.

If it is too difficult to get to the millet spray she drops it, l make it easy for her and she is as happy as a sand boy oops girl!

I did offer to take her out today so she could bask in the sunshine but she was very reluctant to go into the cat box perhaps she had visions of sharing the box with a Bissell steam shot cleaner! So we did not get out today,
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I have tied an old perch onto the top of a plastic clothes horse which is quite tall and it is just the right height for Billie to stand on for a shower. I took her into the bath room this morning and showed her the contraption and turned on the taps but she was pretty scared she thought it was a torture machine.

So after she had a bath in her cage and I dried her off under a hair drier this afternoon l took her back into the bathroom and she sat on my shoulder quite intrigued l think she wanted a try it out, but like me she thinks one shower a day is ample, so tomorrow l will try again who knows what will happen? Just to prove me wrong she has dropped 5 feathers today.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Dropped 5 feathers?, either stress from this morning, or preparation for a shower tomorrow, well, we take our clobber off for a shower, why shouldn't Billie?
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

Ok I am pretty good withe the British lingo but 'clobber' is a new one for me. Easy enough to figure out, but I am surprised I have never heard my grandmother say it before.

Peter - if I come over for tea, will you make fresh scones with cranberries? mmmm

I think you need to remind Billie that you need your fingers if you are going to continue to cook for her!
Mary
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Fresh scones are usually served with strawberry jam and clotted cream here, I've never tried them with cranberries, something we don't usually see until Yuletide in the UK. As for "clobber", it's a regional thing, depending where in the UK you come from. My little monkey not only throws melon bowl overboard, but half a small papaya has just followed suit!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I tend to use expressions by the dozen and Clobber probably mean clothes, but it is a regional thing unless Sanjay's Mummi comes from London town it is some West Midlands idiom, but l would have thought scones with clotted cream and strawberries was a Wimbledon thing! Yuletide indeed!

Billie likes to take food up to the top of her cage and eat over looking the carpet if you have ever wondered what it is like living in aviary come and have tea in our Living Room!

Now l have some exciting news, first l do like forcing Billie to step up infact if she is not in the mood, first she looks at me as if I were daft and then takes a chunk out of my finger so after my shower this morning l left it running. l offered to take her on my bare arm.

When l get dressed l have to keep telling her "No peeking!" But this morning l was starkers and she seemed more interested in my nether region than stepping up so l had to use bit of force by pushing a spare perch under her tummy once she on the perch she was more interested in balancing than looking so we got to the bathroom but l think the shower freightened her and she flew to the curtain rail.

Prising her off with the spare perch like a jemmy l tried tp get her to stand on the clothes horse l had rigged another perch so she would have something to stand on but she again flew to the curtain rail so l got into the shower with her by now she was intrigued and allowed me to lift her down onto the clothes horse, the fan was blowing hot air and she is a fan of hot air amd stood basking in the warmth.

There was not enough room to swing a parrot so one of us had to get out, she was standing on the perch looking petrified, l gradually moved the whole contraption closer to the stream and back again. I was ever so pleased when she shuffled along the perch back into the stream of water, it was loverly and warm. When she was soaked through l deemed it best to get her out, she stepped up onto my hand and l put her back onto her cage. She was dripping so was l after a quick towelling and l offfered her some but she declined so l got dressed with the usualy adage "No peeking!" and then l got the hair drier and gave her some time under it.

Intsant success just add water!
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

Peter that is wonderful! So now you can add Billie to your usual more cleaning rituals. My mom takes her senegal into the shower with her every morning. She has one of the perches that suction cups to the tiles - has been using it for over a year and it has never fallen.

I know Donovan has not had success with a tile perch so he was thinking of rigging up some pvc pipe apparatus to hang over the rail. Maybe ask if he built it yet and if so, to send a picture, and let you know how it works.

If you decide to go for it, you need to have a serious discussion with Billie about more than no peeking, or you will have to be rename 'AJ'.... :o
Mary
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

AJ, if you re read my post, I said Cranberries are usually only available at Yuletide, Not strawberry jam and clotted cream. At Wimbledon they serve Strawberries and cream, not strawberry jam.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

sanjays mummi wrote:Fresh scones are usually served with strawberry jam and clotted cream here, I've never tried them with cranberries, something we don't usually see until Yuletide in the UK. As for "clobber", it's a regional thing, depending where in the UK you come from. My little monkey not only throws melon bowl overboard, but half a small papaya has just followed suit!
Yes l miss read your post Sanjays Mummi twice, sorry about that. I suffer from dyslexia will often put the horse before the cart.

Biile loves going out side in her cat box and we went out today for an hour in the sun, and she said hallo to some of the neighbours but when we came in l tricked her into going into the bath room, openned the box and tipped it she she slid out onto the perch under the shower. She sat there shouting "I hate it, I hate it, I hate it." And l got very wet trying to get her to stand under the shower. When l thought he had had enough l turned off the water but by now she was sulking and would not leave the perch. The next time we try this l shall remove the shower head for its holder and shower her willy nilly.

But she remained in a bad mood all evening tried to bite my fingers when l put her cooked food bowl on the cage, later she signalled she was ready to be covered up but she would not go into her cage. "Get in your bloody cage!" I yelled but that fell on deaf ears, so l just ignorred her and she took the hint and went in.

If Billie goes on peeking one of us will have to have an operation and it wont be me!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Oh dear!, poor Billie, poor you, a stressful time had by all. When Sanjay takes umbrage the shoulders go up, the head goes down, and he looks like a small vulture!,
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

I have been told by more than one 'authority' that the biggest insult is when the parrot turns his back and perches facing away from you. So far, Skye just flies off to do something else.
Mary
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

These posts are read by people all over the world and l wonder if they know what Umbrage is? Well l shall not wait for answer but leap straight in by saying that Dr Collinswood invented Umbrage it is the worst tasting medecine in the world and no one can make you take a dose only you can take it!

There is a story told that Dr Collinswood and his secretary booked into a Detroit hotel as Mr and Mrs Smith, l forget which hotel but it was the one where page boys would go round with a stick that had a cleft in it and in the cleft would be an envelope with someone's name on it and the page boy would call out, "Paging Dr Collinswood!" If Dr Collinswood answered people would make him take a doze of his own medecine and if he did not answer he would miss the message which was from his wife saying she was arriving at noon! And that is what being caught in a cleft stick is all about!

There can be no doubt that Indianringnecks.com has very interesting facts!

However Biilie has the habit of fluffing her feathers to make herself look more important than she is , and l thought she was putting one weight so l decided to weigh her. No amount of induicements, bribes, or threats made her stand on the scales, so l had to towel her and l have discovered there are 7 categories of bites
Number 1. A chunk of flesh is gouged out/
Mumber 2. Copious amounts of blood
Number 3. Less blood
Number 4. A black man's pinch
Number 5. Some blood.
Number 6. Ouch!
Number 7. Not much blood
However l managed to get her onto the scales and she stood there like a boxer flexing her muscles wondering what all the fuss was about, she weighed in at 241 grams the same as two weeks ago, the way Billie insults me is to totally ignore me
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Good grief!, I'm surprised she hasn't called in the RSPB!, Billie obviously doesn't appreciate being well looked after. Sanjay only bit me hard, once, the first time I was forced to towel him because he'd escaped from his nursery cage whilst I was out, and had found himself in the kitchen, it hurt like the blazes and bled!. Since then, the most I get is a very gentle nibble.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Sanjay is Mr nice guy, but Billie is like a scorned Harlot she knows her rights, the sun came out and made the living room rather warm and twice she wanted to go out and twice we found it to be too cold to stay, and twice l recomended we came in and had a hot shower, l think the water was too hot for Billie, but tepid is too cold for me, the second time she grew on the perch and would not leave it l had to get a spare perch and lever her off, once on the move she stepped off the perch and onto my shoulder.

She toured all the bowls several times tonight but finally she squarked from the top of her cage and very nicely went in so l could close the top down. She likes to play a game called catch a finger in the rye if you dare and gets a craft nip if my fingers stray too near her cage. If it happens I shout "Got me"

I have discovered she does not like the shower head too close and if she can reach it pushes it away with her beak!
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

Peter - I think you should set up a video camera and film the escapades of you and your Billie. You should charge a small token for each view. I bet you and Billie would make a fortune. Of course, Sanjays mummi and I would be allowed free viewing. And we promise not to peek at the appropriate times. :wink:

I have not heard of the cleft stick saying before. But am familiar with a dose of your own medicine.

I'm thinking I should start buying shares in a band-aid company. Peter, which brand do you use?
Mary
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

When l can afford it Elastoplast but mostly the supermarkets own brand. You think l should charge for peeking? I do not think Billie will pay she reckons on a free veiwing as for you and Sanjays mummi no way.

What Billie likes to do is to call time and l put her to bed but she hopes to get a crafty nip on the way, earlier today she was eager to go out but could not make up her mind whether to go in the cat box so l stuck my finger into a side opening and this was like a red rag to a bull Billie charged into the box! We sat out doors for about 30 mins but the clouds rolled up and it turned chilly, we came in and l offered her a shower but she was not keen just sat there with her eyes closed hoping it would end soon.

So tomorrow if we go out then l shall use a spray gun instead of the shower to see if she enjoys that more. I forgot to get anymore corn cob l wonder if l hang up a brussells sprout would she notice the difference?

Today she sat on my shoulder as l prepared dinner, this was the first time since before Chrismas l have had the pleasure of her company. :D
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

When you spray remember to direct the spray upward and then let it arch on its own and fall onto Billie. If she enjoys it she may spread her wings and possibly turn around so you can get all sides. (Skye sometimes does this.) If she does do this, you can likely spray more directly.

No matter how tempting you must not purchase the 'Super Soaker' and blast her to get even for all her biting. :wink:
Mary
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Fortunately, the only sticking plasters I use are the pore cleansing strips, AJ, why not use a spray bottle which mists?, Sanjay lifts his wings And turns around and presents his britches. I purchased a pet carrier, PAC a Bird are way too expensive for me, but I have yet to introduce him to it. I will probably get the same reaction that he gives the giant splash bird bath, Nothing will induce him to go near it.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

No l never blasted Billie with water to get my revenge she would not understand any way, in the early days l did squirt to distract her when she was screaming but that did not work so resorted to the whisle and that worked! I have a spray bottle which mists her filled with rain water and Billie enjoys that but she does not open her wings, or turn round. However l would like to get a spray bottle that is run by electicity l was thinking of a paint spray gun becasue my fingers quickly tire.

A good way to deal with the biting is to go out of the room when she bites and after awhile she calms down and calls for me to return.

Sanjay's mummi Have you tried a plastic cat box? They cost £10 from Argos. I had thought of getting one of those baths that clip on the side of the cage but l thought they were too expensive and she likes to spalsh in a large bowl in her cage.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

AJ, that is Exactly what I have got, but not from Argos.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

The beast bit me today, l took her out to the bath room on a perch becasue she would not step up and put her on the clothes rack perch but as soon as l turned on the shower she flew to the curtain rail, so l got her down and used the spray bottle, misting her from all angles after a good soaking l said it was time to go back. But oh no she dug in and would not budge so l tried a little pressure by placing my hand behind her and she bit me. I did say the best method was to walk out but l forgot instead l resorted to crying and screaming and making a fuss.

I think she thinks that l am an idiot but it makes me feel better. She then decided enough was enough stepped up onto the perch and we went back into the LR as soon as her cage hove in sight she was off.

How is Sanjay's moult going? Billie keeps dropping tail feathers. She has managed to keep herself neat and tidy so far.

Sorry Mary l missed your post on beans. I keepher cage away from the wall so that she does not squirt the walls with pomegranite juice but where she has managed to colour my walls it gives a nice floral appearance.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

So, Billie is an interior designer?, Sanjays moult is casual, a feather here, a feather there, lots of thermal underwear though no tail feathers as yet, and no head feathers, they're the worst for creating a scruffy appearance.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I heard the tail feathers are the last to go and as yet Billie has only lost a couple but no head feathers. I do not give as much Feather up as has been, only on her fruit not on the vegs. She ate all the pomegranite quarter l put out for her, Asda have reduced the price 3 for £2.5o, l think. Nicely packaged. She also eats l/8 of corn cob a day.

She likes pear but cannot be bothered with apple. I leave it all for her to pick and choose/
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay loves apple and pear, but has gone off pomegranate for now, he never liked banana at one time, but likes to nibble a piece lately. Ah well, a little of what you fancy......
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I fancy a cornish icecream l had thought of sending Billie down to the corner shop but is is closed. Billie did go off Pomegranite and at one time corn cobs but l hang them up and let her decide what whe wants to eat. She wont eat dried fruit, and does not like unripened pomegranite so after buying them l leave them on the windows cill until they are needed
Billie pigs out on melon.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay is crazy about cooked vacuum packed corn cobs!, he loves raw ones, but these are gone in no time!, and melon!, always has loved it, especially water melon. I ring the changes daily, so he gets plenty of variety, the Only dried fruit he will eat is dried figs, he prefers them to fresh ones, but I only buy from the health food shop, so there is no added sugar.
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

popcorn on the cob!

Donovan

Post by Donovan »

sanjays mummi wrote:Sanjay loves apple and pear, but has gone off pomegranate for now, he never liked banana at one time, but likes to nibble a piece lately. Ah well, a little of what you fancy......
neither of my birds like banana,.. even the bird that likes everything...
but they both like dehydrated banana. No big loss really
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I played that clip of a cockatiel singing to Billie but she was not impressed. She does sometimes sing to my playing but it is mostly a raucous yell, l get more response from her when l get a nuisance call and say Hallo and then leave her to talk to the sales person with the words "Talk to the parrot!" She nods her head but won't sign on the dotted line!

I tried popcorn for Billie but she did not like it, but she likes corn flakes dipped not shaken. But you know one minute they like it and the next minute they hate it.
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

My bird has seemed to go through phases on his likes and dislikes but corn in any form has always been consistent.
This year I'm going take some full grown corn stalks and give them to Mr. Bell as-is. The entire plant. He knows how to dig into an ear of corn in the husk still. Now I'll just give him the whole plant so he can climb around on it and have a good time.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

What a brilliant idea!, sometimes the husks have mildew on them, but if I can find clean ones, Sanjay will be in raptures!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Gotta problem,

This morning l noticed Billie had two blood clots on one side of her forhead. Yesterday she was sporting two quills on either side of her head she looked very rakish, but this morning she has lost those on one side of her head. I was a bit worried and kept checking duirng the day but it seems to be getting better, the clots have reduced in size and almost disappeared.

I think what might have happened is that there is not much room between her sleeping perch and the top of the cage, enough for her to stand, but if she were alarmed and stood on tiptoe her head would brush the blanket and l think she got her head caught in the blanket and ripped out those two quills.

We have a new downstairs neighbour and they might have disturbed Billie. I awoke and went to inspect the plumbing at 3 am but this is quite normal and the plumbing is working!

When Billie eats the pomegranite she has to strain upwards to reach it so l took pity on her and bought a new perch she could stand on to eat of the pomegranite without straining/ She thought it was a good idee.

I looked at those halfa rings but Bille made an awful mess on the carpet when l bought her some dried grass to eat so those rings wont get in her cage/
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

The situation was compounded when Billie pooped mostly water this morning that had me really woried I almsot phoned the vet, but during the day she has rubbed the two clots off her head and her poops quickly changed and began to look more normal What a relief!

As l left the LR she flew to my shoulder so l took her into the bathroom and she sat on the perch tied to the clothes hiorse l turned on the shower and she sat there closer to the water than before, after awhile l took the shower head off its holder and sprayed her on top and underneath she loved it and when she was ringing wet l turned off the shower held out my hand but she refused to cilmb on board so l turned to leave and she flew to my shoulder.

I gave her a little hot air form the hair drier but l have mislaid the nozzle "Anyone seen my nozzle?" So she sat on her perch preening herself.

Tonight she wanted to go to bed early, she has had a very drying day!