Indigo? Turquoise? Violet Pallid with pics

Moderator: Mods

Ring0Neck

Re: Indigo? Turquoise? Violet Pallid with pics

Post by Ring0Neck »

Hi John,

The bird in the pic you posted looks Cinnamon amonst other things although some pallids have some brown in their flights.

Cinnamon has brown flights.

My bird in this thread flights are not brown but violet redish, it might look brownish in some pics but it is not.
she's paired up with a lutino for next season at my bro's place.
next season 2015 will pair her back to a 2013 son and that should tell me what rec. & dom. mutations she is carrying.

Last edited by Ring0Neck on Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
John Shannon

Post by John Shannon »

Ben
If it is reddish I would try dom pied mating.
They seem to redistribute colour like opaline.
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

John,

not a bad idea.
it all depends what she breeds this season
pied pairing is very likely to follow for 2016 unless the curiousity gets the better of me in 2015 season. :lol:
ATM i just want to know all the mutations she is carrying, it could well be Cobalt violet turquoise pallid
as we have seen Dark Green Pallids tend to give pallids a uniform color body & head and very hard to see the pallid in the bird.
Before the 1 y moult she looked like any other turquoise violet pallid, all violet pretty much disappeared after that and color was uniform throughout the bird.
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

ringneck wrote:What a fascinating thread. Thank you all! I learned at lot. I gotta grasp genetics. It's amazing all the work done to develop new mutations. Left speechless! :0)
We are all continuosly learning(I know I am ), as soon as we stop we'll be left behind.
it is fascinating indeed, keeps the game on :D
I'm an Explorer
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Yikes, I better get started then! :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've spent so much time working on the pet aspect. I'm always amazed at the wonderful work and what it takes to breed new mutations. It's so amazing!

Imran