aggressive female

Moderator: Mods

tasha87

aggressive female

Post by tasha87 »

I have an untame male and female that sharea large cage, they have been together for about 2 months not Iincluding the 1 month qquarantine period after I got my female. At first the male was pretty mean to my female when I put her in the cage, he would chase her and throw her to the bottom of the cage so o removed him moved the large cage to a new location, rearranged everything in it, made some new toys and reintroduced him after about a week. All went pretty well for awhile but now my female is getting aggressive. She follows him around and pulls his tail. She doesnt attack him or anything, just grabs his tail and wont let go....now his feathers are pretty tweaked lol should I seperate them or let them work it out?
AJPeter

Re: aggressive female

Post by AJPeter »

I am susprised no has answered you yet, but l would seperate them until you can work out what is going on between them/
tasha87

Post by tasha87 »

Sorry, somehow this same post came up twice on the list... (new to this smartphone thing) I have some more info on the other post but for now, I was told these birds were babies. I got them as rescues from 2 different people. My male (Paco) is supposed to be right around a year right now according to the person I got him from but he has his ring so I know that age is inaccurate... my female (Jade) is also supposed to be just over a year but her beak is dark, she has a faded light green ring and she just doesnt look like a "young bird" they have a large cage, and I home make them forraging toys. Paco has never been interested in toys but Jade really goes for it lol I have 2 seperate feeding/watering areas, they are on a pellet/seed diet and also get fresh fruits and veggies daily along with a veggie based bird bread I make for them as a treat. I just put a 10x10x10 nesting box in the cage to see what happened and Jade showed immediate interest in it but has not gone inside, Paco is taking their millet treats and putting them inside the box.... I will keep updating what happens but would appreciate any new info. Im new to ringnecks but not new to birds or breeding, I am just a little caught off guard as these 2 are showing some strange behavior im not familiar with. Also, my cokatoo has been extra hormonal..... shes a tame single bird, 6 years old, never bred or laid an egg. She is extremely bonded to me and only me, she courts me and I wont handle her when shes hormonal. My ringnecks and cockatoo are all in my living room but not close to each other, could they all be going crazy because of either the season or can they "sense" the hormones in birds of different breeds.
MissK

Post by MissK »

Might be a good idea to link one of your threads to the other and close one.
-MissK
tasha87

Post by tasha87 »

I tried deleting this one before I got a comment on it but I couldnt figure it out...im super new to this forum
hasanpk

Post by hasanpk »

Hello friends . I bought a couple of inr . Female parrot is fight when male come near food pot and when he go at the top of sitting place on a clay pot . And male run away from female when she start biting him . What to do friends :(