Red eyes? Is it a sign of illness?

Moderator: Mods

BoreasAnemai

Red eyes? Is it a sign of illness?

Post by BoreasAnemai »

It's been 11 days since my 9 months old IRN Ollie came to our family. The problem about him is his white part of eyes are red like a circle. At first I thought It was cause of stress and fear because he's been on road for a long hours till he came to my house. But the red circle in his eyes haven't changed yet so I've started to worry I've visited 3 vets but none of them had enough knowledge about birds. They told me he looked fine to their eyes but they also admit that they didn't know a lot about bird's illnesses. I'm really hopeless atm. I couldn't find any vet for him... And I feel so anxious... I've been secretly watching him at home he eats his fruits and Everything.. And his poop looks fine too but he rarely drinks water. He also likes me to scratch his head but he still scares when me or someone else in my family puts their hand near to cage. I've read that the red circle on the white area of the eye may be a sign of infection. Lets say it's an infection what can I do to save him? I'll do everything I can do cause I can't bear to see this innocent boy die!
SCB 22

Re: Red eyes? Is it a sign of illness?

Post by SCB 22 »

Hey, could you take some pics? What colour is he?
zentoucan

Post by zentoucan »

revisit the vet with this information and ask for antibiotics to treat the infection.
BoreasAnemai

Post by BoreasAnemai »

SCB 22 wrote:Hey, could you take some pics? What colour is he?
Hi, he's not a mutation, he's green...I've got some pics of him in my phone but I couldn't post them without my pc..and sadly my pc has broken :/
BoreasAnemai

Post by BoreasAnemai »

zentoucan wrote:revisit the vet with this information and ask for antibiotics to treat the infection.
There is no infection can been seen...yet. I just read somewhere red eyes maybe a sign of it... though the vet gave him an eyedrop his eyes are slightly better now. But they haven't changed completly.