Hello - new to this forum

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Terje

Hello - new to this forum

Post by Terje »

I'm new here, and also new to owning a ringneck. I recently adopted a 6-7 months old male (I guess because of his behaviour) but have other animals as well - a young cockatiel, a 12 year old galah, three senior dogs and an elderly cat. My ringneck is a lacewing, but I'm not sure exaxctly which variety. I tried to post a link to a youtube video of him so that someone might help narrow it down - but you have very effective spam filters here and as a new member I was not allowed to. Maybe later. :wink:
I live in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
MissK

Re: Hello - new to this forum

Post by MissK »

Welcome.
-MissK
Terje

Post by Terje »

Thank you. I will try to see if my old photobucket account exists, and see if I can post some photos later. :mrgreen:
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Welcome from Birmingham please forgive my ignorrance but what is a galah?
zentoucan

Post by zentoucan »

the Galah is a member of the cockatoo family. it's also known as the rose-breasted cockatoo, the pink and grey or Galah and is native to Australia.
the other meaning for Galah in Australia is idiot.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Thank you Zentoucan for explaining that to me, l take it you do not suffer idiots lightly?
Terje

Post by Terje »

LOL - that's correct, apparently galahs got that name from their silly and comical nature. I've been browsing the forum, and come to the conclusion that my ringneck is a turqoise blue pallid (lacewing), although the turqoise part is relatively pale. He's still in his baby feathers, but if it's on schedule his first molt will start soon. He's a funny and playful boy, a typical teenager, lots of bluffing and pretend biting but never hard, and he's been using my head as a landing strip from day one.
sania

Post by sania »

welcome Terje, I am also new in this forum.But I have no ringneck.
zentoucan

Post by zentoucan »

yes But whoever termed the phrase "you Galah" probably couldn't tolerate idiots either and usually with a few more colourful words added. personally I think it's a insult to the Galah.
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Welcome to the forum, Terje and congratulations on your new irn friend.
Galahs are such funny birds, I love watching them when they visit our yard! They are both my bf and my favourite native Australian bird. They certainly don't deserve to be compared to idiots!

Regards,
Claire
zentoucan

Post by zentoucan »

I like all Australian native birds. I don't have a favorite. from the budgie to the Gang gang cockatoo. they are all unique and extraordinary.
Terje

Post by Terje »

I haven't been on the forum lately, but here things have moved fprward a bit: I have a stunning new male, turqoise blue pallid, a lot more vibrant than my female, who is almost a year -the male is two. They get along very well and could be caged together after only 10 days. I will post pics soon - apparently I need to post 10 times before being allowed to do that. In the man time, if you have a sharp eye, he's my avatar.