Beak color on baby IRN's?

Moderator: Mods

BoreasAnemai

Beak color on baby IRN's?

Post by BoreasAnemai »

Hi IRN. family! I'm here today with a question, I have searched on forum about it But still I couldn't find an answer. I'd be so grateful If you could help me... So I've been seeking to adopt an IRN since July and now I found one, actually the seller has found me..It's a bird around 6months old. The seller has also told me that bird was so young that his beak haven't even turn to red-orange yet but I was sure that IRN's beaks were orange since they have born.. Can it be really possible? I mean are IRN's borning with half black(bottom) and half orange(upper area) beaks? I know that ARNs have darker beaks... And I've seen IRNs with black bottom beak but they were over 1 years old I don't think that have born like that? I guess It may be a thing about mature birds, or can birds with black beaks be a IRN-ARN offspring I've been waiting too long for this time and It's really important for me to have a IRN. Because, otherwise I don't know what I can do with a wild ARN It would be so bad for bird and me... Btw I should mention that the sellers in my country are not people educated about IRN they don't even know the difference between ARN and IRN cause this variation of bird is not commonly known in there... Oh by the way the IRN(?) I'm talking about is not a mutation, His feathers are the common green that you can see in IRN's wild habitat.. And sorry I don't have a photo of him yet.
Kiki22

Re: Beak color on baby IRN's?

Post by Kiki22 »

The babies I have seen are dark on the top part of the beak and the time it takes to turn completely orange/red varies :)
BoreasAnemai

Post by BoreasAnemai »

You made my heart as soft as clouds lol thank you
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

IRN are hatched with light beaks which then turn darker (depending on mutation/s) over time.

A wildtype (green) will have a red upper and black lower beak- with the black starting from around 3-6months of age.
BoreasAnemai

Post by BoreasAnemai »

Thanks for this important information! I'll keep it in mind