Countdown to baby begins!!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

ali_vk

Countdown to baby begins!!

Post by ali_vk »

Hi everybody! My name is Alijandra and Im living in Orlando. I am excited to say that in just 4-6 weeks Ill be able to bring my baby home! He/she is going to be a Green/Turquoise IRN. I've never had a bird before and am trying to prepare and have everything ready before I bring him home. Any tips on things I should have? I've been scouring the boards and have found some AWESOME information but any other tips and advice from your coming home experiences would be awesome.

I don't yet have a carrier, but I do have a perfect sized box, with holes of course, that I though would be good to transport the little guy in. Im trying to find an actual carrier though, but they all are so expensive.

Ive got a cage, perches, toys, and even found a vet!

I figured I would ask the breeder what pellets she feeds them because it is overwhelming the brands and types, but I cant wait to cook for the little guy.

What do you use to cover the cage at night? Just a sheet? And are IRN's prone to night terrors like some other birds?

I feel like Ive done a lot of research but other than the breeder I don't know anybody with this type of parrot, so any first hand account experience would be amazing!

Countdown to my feather baby begins!!
Attachments
MyBaby.jpg
MyBaby.jpg (22.57 KiB) Viewed 313 times
InTheAir

Re: Countdown to baby begins!!

Post by InTheAir »

Congrats on your bird.
I use a cage like this as a travel cage http://petone.com.au/avione/images/450AA.jpg
My birds aren't keen on boxes and they seem to like looking out the window's when we are driving.
I recommend checking out goodbirdinc.com for training.

Your vet may have suggestions on pellets and diet when you go in for your new bird check. My vet recommends roudybush.

Good luck with your new bird.

Claire