A thread for AJ and Billie about hormonal behaviour.

Moderator: Mods

AJPeter

Re: A thread for AJ and Billie about hormonal behaviour.

Post by AJPeter »

On the cage floor Ellie, yesterday she kicked it into touch and it broke and then she started to eat the yolk. This was the third one. I think she might lay this evening, l am getting into a dab hand at all this laying but if she does it will go into the cuff link box unles is broken. I hope to get the dummy eggs from tomorrow onwards.

Shall l put tfour in the box or just one?

One crisis after another.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

I think she needs to lay the egg directly into the box. IRN nest boxes that breeders use a quite large. I would recommend getting one, putting nesting material in it and seeing if she uses it. I don't know if she will as she has already started laying. However if she does lay in the box it will lessen the chances of them breaking. She may be eating the egg because her diet is deficient in something. Make sure you offer her lots of food variety and plenty of it. I personally would avoid grabbing her unless absolutely necessary. The sooner she feels that she has a "full" clutch of eggs, the sooner she'll stop laying. I think when you get the dummy eggs, just replace the real eggs as she lays them. I suspect if you present her with a full clutch she may not accept them.

Ellie.
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

I agree with Ellie...just place one egg at a time. Asiatic parrots are cavity nesters, which is most likely why she won't use the cuff link box. They like their nests deep and dark. If you can find even a cardboard box, seal it up and cut a 3" hole in the side that she can climb into. Line the bottom with pine shavings. Cut a side access hole for yourself so you can check on her from time to time. I think until she is settled with an egg or two in a safe place, she may continue to lay. Lack of calcium is usually the reason for eating their own eggs, but not always. With birds we keep as pets, where we feed them foods that are way outside their normal diet, like hard boiled eggs, I think sometimes they just get confused. :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

The good news is that Billie laid another egg last night, number 4, wait a minute Bille tells it is number 5 and then we have arguement as to the number eggs she has laid and l offer a compromise 4 and half, but she tells me that she only lays whole eggs! Then the front doorbell rings and lo and behold there on the door step are six unborn parrots, Sextuplets!

The Dummy eggs have arrived l take two out of the box but they look dirty so l wash them.
LESSON ONE Do not wash dummy eggs as they change colour, blue, red, pink, mauve yellow just like some demented gob stopper! So l get two new dummies out of the box and put them in the nest along with the new egg. They look bonny. Billie thinks that l am a cuckoo. I add the wooden bead and now l tell her we can see which one is the dummy egg. She is starving eats everything is sight and wants seconds. I draw the line at thirds.

She is almost like her old self, except she has a big bare patch around her vent. I look for tunes that have bottoms but can only find the Black Bottom, not appropiate. This after noon she is off exploring and finds a way down the back of the cage to the floor and starts rumaging around the electric cables, l get down on my knees and poke a stick under the cage to drive her out, but have to move the cage, l grab her and squash one of her toes. "SQUARK" then holding her foot l say the magic words "Kiss it better!" And smooth her foot with my hand soon the tears have stopped.

At breakfsat l relent and let her have a bite of porridge, One! but she grabs another and just as l am about to eat my breakkfast in the kitchen she looses interest. At dinner time she has her own bowl. But goes to the top of the cage door and tries to get on my shoulder so l move the bowl to the top of the cage and she is delighted with this and tucks in.

She wants to be covered up in the middle of the news but l make her wait until the news has ended and then l cover her, but she is making so much noise in there you would think she is digging a tunnel, in the end l give up and come in here
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

That was one of the funniest things I've read in awhile :lol:

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

MissK the vet was worried that Billie might have Chlamydia which when is passed to humans is called psittacosis, the vet said something about a lung problem which she heard through a stethoscope/ Billie is not showing any of the symptoms of Chlamydia, such as runny nose and lime green droppings or diarohea, you spell it but something is wrong with Billie as her droppings are very dark green and sticky. Her feathers are neat espcially on the chest but she has lost her feathers around her vent. Her tail feathers are intact heer eyes are bright and clear. I took Billie to the vets over the second egg which l thought was egg bound. The vet gave billie an injection of Calcium and she eats a lot of cuttle fish bone. I give brocoli and cabbage. Her first two eggs had broken shells her third and fourth have shell intact, but l think she broke them deliberately, but it might have been an accident.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

AGH!!!

I should have read your posts Skyes-crew and Ellieectrons so to make amend l have found a card board box it is too large but no matter, I have sealed up both ends except for a 3" hole and cut a flap in the side, I went into the LR to put the box in the cage but as soon as turned on the light Billie objected so it will have to wait until morning.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

The cardboard box is about a foot long and 9 x 9, it goes through the door but is a bit a struggle to lay it down. I put sawdust in it and just the two dummy eggs. Instant sucess, Billy decided to make improvements at one time she kicked out both eggs. She came out to poop I complained "Not inside your cage!" So l had to take the box out and all her careful house keeping was ruined. Later when l got the box back in she pushed out one dummy egg which was fair enough because she had only laid one egg.

When l had breakfast she stayed in which was a bit of relief and this afternoon she had a sleep in the box for about an hour but when l had diner she came out and had a cooked sweet pea pod but what she really wanted was some corned beef, I let her have a lite bit and shooed her away while l finished my dinner. I quite forgot to put her away until gone 7 and then it was a rush she went into the box and was busy catching up on the house work as l watched TV but l gave in and came in here at 8 pm/
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Peter...although you may want the nest "perfect"...she wants it perfect for her. Just let her set up housekeeping the way she wants. Her messy cage won't last forever :)

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Thanks Melisa, l had some good news today my roof has finally been fixed no more leaks (I hope) but l am not looking forward to Wednesday and the vet/ I keep telling myself she has not got chlamydia so it will be a shock if it turns out she has. Reports l have read say she will recover after medication.

Sad news about Bluey.
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Who's Bluey?

ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Melissa

See this post re Zentoucan's Bluey http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... 14&t=18609

Ellie
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie pushed out the last remaining dummy egg into the front yard but when she was not looking l popped it back in and when l was not looking she ripped a hole in the back of the box and pushed the dummy out there! Who says IRN are not inteligent?

She was busy making a basement and l had not seen her all day so l called to her and she came out and had a cuddle and a scratch, which was good for me and her.

However dinner time she sat on the door and watched every spoon l put into my mouth. I gave her some cooked brown rice on a tea spoon and she ate the lot and the next spoonful, she did not want broad beans or peas but tried a little beef but prefered the brown rice and another spoonful went down the hatch she was ravenous.

Thanks Ellie for supplying Zentoucan topic address
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi AJ

With the dummy eggs, you should only use them to replace an egg that's been laid and by that I mean if the egg has been laid, you pull that egg out and replace it straight away with the dummy egg. She still may reject it but it is more likely to work that way. However if her nest eggs aren't broken you may not want to replace them.

Ellie.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Hi Ellie

I still have an unbroken egg of hers, if she follows the pattern of the last few days she would be due to lay tonight in which case if it is whole shall l leave it with her, if broken give her the whole egg from thursday or give her a dummy?
She is eating a lot of cuttle fish bone and l put liquid calcium into her water bottle , the last two eggs have been whole.

One of the links you gave for PFBD said that another test should be carried 90 days later as birds can heal themselves
do you have any thoughts on this?

Also when the vet saw Billie last week she said there was a problem with the breathing and wanted me to being Billie in for a chlamydia test. That will happen tuesday so l am hoping for a good outcome.

Peter (AJ)
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Peter

Unless you have another reason for removing the egg, if it doesn't break, I would leave her original egg in the nest. If it does break, I'd probably give her the dummy. When Janey nests I tend to leave her to her own devices as much as possible. I check the nest once a day but other than that, I leave things as they are. Also, I like to offer a huge variety of food when nesting and lots more of it than normal so that she can eat whatever she needs. As you know, legumes and calcium seem to be the things they crave. Janey seemed to live on frozen peas that I cooked when she was nesting.

Regarding chlamidya, I hope it all works out okay. I didn't post any links, I think it may have been Claire. I don't have any knowledge of the disease. Sorry. :(

Ellie.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Oh so thank you Claire for the links.

It is just a case of waiting to see what the vet says even small changes of behaviour are worrying. Billie has ripped the bottom out of the cardboard box l put in her cage as a nesting box. Its her nesting box!

She looks in good shape apart from the bald patch around her vent, her feathers look good and neat, her feet look okay and toe nails do not seem to be too long, Even when l got her last year her beak outer skin was worn away at the tip, but looking at other photos of Alex it looks quite common.

The cat box is ready, the bath towel is ready, when she is at the vets l wil pop into the pet shop and buy a whole load of goodies for her as a welccome home pressent.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I have not checked the cardbox since Friday and it is anyone's guess if she laid another egg, but l rather think not so the last egg was on wednesday night, and most defineitely that was 4 eggs in all. She is however ravenous and does not stop eating/

If she starts to moult is that the end of this thread?
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Five eggs for sure! Billie has been chomping on cuttle fish bone several times today and laid another egg, l left the egg completely alone did not even pick it up and the strange thing is that l did not notice it this morning but about 11am there was yelp of some kind from within the box and l think Billie laid then, the egg has been pushed back and forth but this evening it was out side the box, she has made no attemtp to sit on it.
It is rather forturous that she laid today because she goes the vet tomorrow for the Chlamydia test at 10 am and treatment if posiive. I am not looking forwward to tomorrow. But it will give me time for a big clean up. I hope l can bring her back in the afternoon.
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

What an odd duck that one...she won't even sit on it? We'll she must know something the rest of us don't. :lol:

ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Or maybe she knows what the rest of us do know - that's it infertile ;)

Good luck with the tests. I hope they're negative for chlamydia.

Ellie.
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

ellieelectrons wrote:Or maybe she knows what the rest of us do know - that's it infertile ;)

Very true!!!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Thank you for your kind comments, well Billie went to the vets kicking and screaming all the way, that was me, the vet was pleased that Billie had been laying eggs but said that had to stop now l was to move the cage and take out any nesting materials so the box went, also l was to stop giving tidbits off my plate.

The vet cut Billie's nails he said that becasue they had not been cut in a long time he was forced to cut a blood vessel, he put potasium on them to stop the bleed and if it restarted l was to contact him. Quite likely she has never had her nails cut , the man who had her before me had her for at least two years and the her nails were never cut then.

I have moved the cage from south facing to west facing and to the opposite side of the room. She does not like it and kept calling my attention and looking pointedly at the old place, I had to eat my breakfast in the Kitchen but had resolved to eat my dinner in the LR watching the news but l had to shut her in.

The vet said they would have the result in a few days and would let me know. If positive the treatment consists of drops fed orally for 6 weeks and it would clear up. He took a blood sample and said you could hear a crackle in her lungs which if the chlamydia test was negative would have to be investigated further.

Billie has been very badly behaved since she got back form the vet, she climbed down the back of the cage and got on the floor later l left the door open as l went out to the kitchen and she followed nearly making it all the way to the kitchen.

This visit to the vets cost £70.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

When you consider how much of that 70 quid was "consultation" fee, the treatment wasnt too expensive really. I dont always allow Sanjay food from my plate, because it isnt always sanjay friendly, so he is shut in and given a chestnut or dried fig to nibble, just to be companionable at a mealtime. As for talons, Sanjay has a few rough perches and has never had a problem with his. I hope the wheezing isnt too serious.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Thank you Sanjay's mummi, it was the consultation fee that was £70 they said the treatment would cost £230! :o
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Well today Billie laid another egg, her 6th so far, it was rolling around in the bottom of the cage with the other egg so l had a brain wave l used the dog watering bowl l had been using as her bath to hold those two eggs and one from the china cupboard and two dummy eggs they looked really grand sitting on the wood shavings. Billie eyed them up several time but she made no attempt sit on them.

Then l had another brainwave since parakeets are cave dwellers l thought she would sit on the eggs in a tent made from a carpet square draped over the lower perch. She seemed quite content with this so l went out and did some house work an hour later l came back and she was sitting on the top perch looking as if butter would not melt in her mouth.

I lifted the carpet square to look at the eggs and she had broken the shells of two and eaten the outside of the dummy egg so it resembled a gnarled stone. I threw the brokens eggs and gnarled stone out, and put a dummy egg back in its box leaving her one egg only. But then l had another brainwave, they say the best things come in three's.

So l got a small china bowl and put her egg with some wood shavings and filled up the dog bowl with warm water. She loved that ducking and diving, l even gave her a little spray as well. She has not been able to have a wash while the nesting box was in the cage as there was no room.

She has retrurned to looking for a nesting place and got down the back of the cage to the floor again and started a trek looking for suitable nesting sites. But l was able to way lay her and put her back in the cage. Breakfast time she was not interested in trying get some of my porridge but dinner time she swopped onto the table and dived for the bowl the cheeky monster grabbed a big piece of corned beef and tried to fly off with it but it was too heavy and she crashed landed on my organ, l had to go on hand and kees to search for the corned beef l gave her some and she flew back to her cage with it.

I started closing down the cage at 6 and she went to the top perch at 7 pm and l covered her up, even though l sat watching TV for two hours there wa snot a peep from her
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Peter

What were your vet's reasons for removing the nest box? I'm worried about her continuously laying egg after egg because the eggs keep disappearing. I feel sorry for the both of you. She must be so confused and it must be difficult for you too.

When do you get the chlamidya results?

When you're ready we should get a bit pro-active and talk about how we can try to prevent laying next year.

Ellie.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Thanks Ellie

The vet said it was not good for Billie to lay any more eggs and the quicker l could stop her the better as he did not want to use clinical means, if she tests chlamydia positive she will need all her strength to fight that, and he recomended destroying her safety net by moving the cage and altering routines, moving her toys around and not feeding her from my plate, although tonight she made off with a big piece of corned beef. Sanjay's mummi tells me that Sanjay is locked in at meal times, something l might do for Billie.

She broke the shells of two of the eggs today and there is only one of her eggs left, if she break the shell should l keep that where she can see it? Or get rid of it? The nesting box was made cardboard and she has stripped the entire bottom and some of the sides so l was pleased to get rid of it, l shall phone the vets on friday if she lays again. She scraped the outside of the dummy egg so it looked like a wizend stone and l do not want to use that again.

Thursday I shall move more toys around take take down the tree perch l put in (It has a wing nut) it is quite funny because I like this new position for her cage, but she does not! I think l should stop her looking for new nestings sites even if l have to lock her in when l go from room to room.

The vet said he would post the chlamydia result to me later in the week.

Peter
Little Buttercup

Post by Little Buttercup »

I really feel sorry for both of you. Thank goodness Coco layed only 2 eggs and stopped her weird behaviour after the second egg. I placed both eggs in a small cardboard box with a hole in the front, she went in a few times but wasn't interested in sitting on the eggs. It was lying in the box for quite sometime before I got rid of it.

Hoping all the best for you and Billie.

Ash
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Peter,

Thanks for explaining that. I agree that it's in her best interests to stop her laying. Given that she doesn't seem to mind laying them on the bottom of the cage, I don't know if removing the nest will stop the behaviour or just increase it when they break. However I'm sure your vet knows what he's/she's on about. I'm basing all of my knowledge on two breeding seasons with one bird.

Switching up the cage and moving it around is a well documented strategy. I hope it works for you.

Best wishes.

Ellie.
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

6 eggs is too many!!! Do they have any swirling pattern on the shell? This is a good indication of a calcium deficiency. You may have to place the egg up to a light to see it. If you do see it, get Billie to the vet for another calcium shot. ASAP!!! I would also ask the vet about getting Billie a hormone injection to stop the laying for this season. I'm worried about her.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Thank you friends for your concern, you are worried so am l, so l have moved the cage to the other side of the room and placed it across a corner with a door (Locked) and some decoratove plates showing birds in flight although of a night time l push her up against the door. It is really dark in that corner. I have taken down the wall mirror and removed a metal mirror she has had for a long time. I took out all her favourite toys, moved the feed bowls around, and put in a teething ring in the shape of a rabbit with ears whch she looks at but totally ignores.

Last night her last egg which she laid the night before was in a china bowl and wood chips, and no Melisa there were no streaky marks she did have a calcuim boost shot, l think they put it in to her eye becasue it was very red and itchy, that was her first vet visit, she eats a lot of cuttlefish bone although less today than yesterday. This morning when l unwrapped her she was sitting on her top perch, recently l have found her on the cage floor.

But the egg was outside the bowl and only the shell was left. I cannot believe it is a defiency in her diet because l give egg suplement and last week she had a boiled egg mixed with a cracker, but she only ate a few beak fulls. I put her bath in this morning but she ignorred it. I also removed a paper roll she rips up for nesting material, she has no nesting material.

You will cry when l tell you she has a big bare patch around her vent, l asked the vet would the feathers re-grow during a moult and he said yes if the folicle was not damamged/

We will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings l wlll let you know if she lays her 7th but please pray or hope she has finished laying.

Oh yes the vet said she was under weight, so my worry she was getting fat was misplaced. So now she can a have cheese and more sunflower seeds which she loves. In fact her owner before me only gave her sunflower seeds.
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Aj, is Billie eating pellets as well as table food and seed? I would try to get her eating a good amount of them to ensure she is getting enough vitamins and minerals. You can buy pellets specifically for unwell birds to support them through the recovery period.
The only way I know to make pellets more attractive involves mashing them with pumpkin and other cooked vegies or pure apple juice and hotwater (there is 1 brand of juice here that doesn't add asobic acid, which I buy for myself anyway).
Melissa or Ellie will probably have a better idea on whether a mash is a good idea at this stage than I do.
With Sapphire I have been giving her chop with pellets added for breakfast, fresh vegetables twice a day, a teeny bit of seed in foraging puzzles and a bowl of pellets is available at all times. She has been eating pellets after her veggies in the evenings and for snacks and doesn't seem to be complaining about them.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

What a good idea Claire thank you. Billie will pick up a pellet or to now and again and crunch them but she does not eat them like seeds maybe it is the taste these ones l bought form the pet shop have meals worms in them

(Would l eat a meal worm? I am not that sort of worm!)

When she has eaten all her seeds and is down to the grubbins she will pick through the pellet bowl it has rolled oats and pearl barley as well. I read that oats make their feathers shine. Billie makes me laugh she tours the various bowl before bed, first the seed bowl and then the fresh druit and veg bowl (If l remember to add veg) and back to seed and then pellets and then seeds.

The vet said l should not give table food but they all say that.
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

I have never heard of meal worms in parrot pellets. What brand is that?
My vet recommends roudybush pellets. I've heard tops and harrisons are good too, but I can't buy them locally.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I do not think it is a branded product but Pets at home sell them, Harrisons l can get, but the the bad news is l bought a packet 1lb in weight and it cost £18.99 Billie refused to eat it and l had to throw most of it away, the vet said it can take nine month to get them to change to pellets. I shall stick to seeds and fresh fruit and veg.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay will not touch pellets, so I just stick to fresh fruit and veg, and seed.
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

The pellets my fids like best is zupreem fruit, but I have to limit them because they'll eat nothing else. I get the cockatiel size which I think is the sm/md bird size.

Peter, good to hear that the eggs looked normal. Our goal when this all started with Billie laying was to make her comfortable and less stressed which is why we suggested a place to lay her eggs. But Billie may just have the drive to lay, but not to mother. I would follow the vets advice at this point. Any news on her test?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Yes Sanjay's muumi Billie does not like pellets but it could be as Skyes-crew points it might be the taste, well today has been BED Billle's Egg Day, l was over joyed to find there was no egg today! She has been very regular in her laying every two days and now it is three days since the last egg. But the real test will come tomorrow as she has been behaving badly today she tried to masturbate on me and of course l do not allow that, l had hoped that was all over. Also she has been tucking into the cuttlefish bone as if there were no tomorrow!

She wanted to go to bed early tonight, l thought she wanted to have another five minutes to watcth TV but no she wanted to be covered up and then she was poodling around on the floor of the cage so l made her come up onto a perch before covering her up again.

No news is good news and none from the vets either. This year has been hell but now l have been forwarned l know what to do and what not to do for the next breeding season.

I told Billie that if there was not egg tonoight she could have her old place back in the afternoon sun.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

BAD NEWS BEARS, Nothing form the vet and Billie laid an egg.

She bashed a hole in the side but l have left it on the cage floor. Despite the egg l moved her back to the window seat and hung the wall mirror behind the cage she was shocked to see herself. I just do not know what to do next, l think l shall wait until Tuesday and if she lays another egg l shall contact the vet, l should have heard from them by then about the Chlamydia.

She has been more like her old self today calling to me when l was in the kitchen. I did a lot of cooking today. She was on her upper perch this morning. I checked the egg and could not see any swirls but it felt fragile. I tried mashing the pellets up and adding some blackcurant juice (dilate to taste it does not have asorbic acid but it has cirtrus acid). It made lovely squashy squishy paste but l thought that was not good for her and threw it away.

Does any one think this egg is part of the producton line? It was three days and not two is she slowing down? Has any one any ideas on how l can stop her laying?
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Peter...I think you really need to take Billie back to the vet ASAP. A fragile egg and three days between laying could point to trouble like future egg binding. I understand this is a lot for you...but this could be trouble for Billie. You said she like shepards pie right? Take a tablespoon of that, mix in some crushed oyster shell, and a few calcium drops. And then PLEASE call the vet. There is a hormone shot they can give her to stop her from laying. Let us know how Billie is doing. I feel like she's my bird too lol.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Thanks lol,

Although the vets have a stand by vet on duty it is not an avian vet, l will put liquid calcium into her drinking water but the only oyster shell l have is in some sand sheets, she is eating cuttlefish bone. Yes l will add some drops of liquid calcium to the shepherds pie but that will be tommorrow evening, I will ring the vets before l go to church just in case they have an avian vet on duty Sunday/monday.

All l can do is move the cage round daily to try and shake her into a lack of security. She has not eaten the egg well had not when l put her to bed.

You can only tell she is going to lay several hours before hand, and l thought she was not going to lay another but there it was on the cage floor with a puncture. She likes porridge my type with lashing of sugar and golden syrup and sometimes l have to eat mine in the kitchen but last week l cooked some with water she only ate a little but that might be a good excuse to add some calcium drops to that as well.

Come to think of it she likes cornflakes dipped in water but has not had any for a long time. I think l will add liquid calcium drops to that as well.

It might be enough to keep her going until l can get her to the vets tuesday for sure.

Keep thinking of us.
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

You can use the shell of a hard boiled egg and crush that up too for calcium.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

WOW

I have just this minute discovered an answer phone message from the vets that Billie's tests have come back negative, so no treatment will be needed.

I aslo discovered that the vets make house calls and they have a branch at Halesowen about 20 miles from here that is open 24/7.

Thanks Melissa for telling me about chicken eggs, l bought 6 the other day and have only used one, l do not eat chicken eggs well not very often/
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

So pleased the test is negative. Now if Billie could just realise it's time to stop laying!

Ellie.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Wonderful news!, try duck eggs aj, a bit dearer but very nutritious,
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

When l worked in the pet shop some tyke offered me a duck's egg, l gave it away as l did not fancy eating it, but thanks Sanjay;s mummi for mentioning it.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

You can not always tell if she going to lay but there is no hump on her back and her abdomen looks flat and aother good sign is that the egg she laid on friday night has not been touched, previous eggs she has eaten. Tonight would be the night is she is sticking to one every two days but the last one was three days so l have arranged for a lift to the vets on tuesday when l know the avian vet are on duty.

However if she lays tonight l will phone them monday and see if they will make a house call or if htey htink is is urgent l will catch a cab and bus home. I if she does not then l will still phone and make a provisional appointment for tuesday, and of cours eif she does not lay tonight or tomorrow thenl can either cancel the appointment or keep it for a check up after all she stil lhas this crackle on her lungs.

The troubles with making plans Ellie in advance is that something happens that throws a spanner into the works. But l am beginnig to see the trees and will look forward to making a plan to cope for the next breeding season Ellie.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Melissa I told Billie you can have beans on toast with calcium free, or you can have beans under the toast with free calcium, you can have beans on the floor with or with out calcium that costs more, you can have beens on your shoe, the dog won't mind YOU want free calcium with that order? You can have has beens with calicum, but without costs more.
You can have runner beans with calcium if you can catch them, how about broad beans? What with cacium? French beans sorry l don't speakee the lingo, try dingo. Sorry we don't do dingo bags here with or with out calcium.

Needless to say Billie has had calcium with everything, l gave her a boiled agg mashed with shell and free calcium. She had water with calcium to taste or was it calcium with water to taste? She had bath water with a dash of calcium instead of bath salts. Even her drinking water was laced with the stuff She has got calcium coming out of her ears, I let her sniff the bottle of calcium "Do you want a snort?" I asked her but she declined. I even put some liquid calcium into her fresh fruit bowl she thought this was a whizz and looked quite drunk on the stuff, just in case l persuaded her to try some liquid calcium under her wings after her bath. "It will make you smell beautiful." I told her.

The liquid calcium has never had it so good.

OH! It says shake the bottle? Billie come here!
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

OH!!! Don't shake Billie :lol: