lost of Bluey

A place for us to talk about the loss of a pet, even if not a ringneck. A place to grief and receive information and support from our family. Memorialize your pet by posting a picture and sharing information about your baby.

Moderator: Mods

zentoucan

lost of Bluey

Post by zentoucan »

today Bluey flew into the kitchen window and broke his neck. :cry:
I had shown Delfin and Bluey the windows in the lounge room and the glass sliding door in the dining room and they knew of these windows. but I never showed them the windows in the kitchen.
Normally the kitchen is off limits to both Delfin and Bluey. the kitchen is just too dangerous a place for birds. our lounge room, dining room and kitchen are all open to each other. so we put up a curtain between the dining room and kitchen to stop Delfin and Bluey entering the kitchen. This evening we gave Delfin and Bluey their dinner. usually after dinner Bluey flies laps around the lounge and dining rooms really fast. Today I forgot to close the curtain behind me when I went to feed Delfin as he is still taking weaning mixture in the mornings and evenings. Bluey did around three or four laps around the lounge an dining rooms then must have realise that the curtain was open and flew into the kitchen then straight into the window. I heard the thud and crash and rush out to the kitchen and found Bluey on the dish rack. when I pick Bluey up, his head just rolled around. he never regain conscious. :(
I made two mistakes. first I forgot to pull the curtain back. second I assumed that Delfin and Bluey would recognize all the windows. I'm so very angry with myself.
ellieelectrons

Re: lost of Bluey

Post by ellieelectrons »

I'm so sorry to hear about Bluey. My guys have occasionally run into glass but they have never had such a bad injury. I'm so sorry. Unfortunately I think that could happen to anyone. Try not to blame yourself if you can.

Ellie.
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

I'm sorry to hear about Bluey! That's heartbreaking.
pattiB

Post by pattiB »

I'm so very sorry :cry:
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I am very sorry to hear your news Zentoucan, do not blame yourself it was an accident
liljo202

Post by liljo202 »

zentoucan wrote:today Bluey flew into the kitchen window and broke his neck. :cry:
I had shown Delfin and Bluey the windows in the lounge room and the glass sliding door in the dining room and they knew of these windows. but I never showed them the windows in the kitchen.
Normally the kitchen is off limits to both Delfin and Bluey. the kitchen is just too dangerous a place for birds. our lounge room, dining room and kitchen are all open to each other. so we put up a curtain between the dining room and kitchen to stop Delfin and Bluey entering the kitchen. This evening we gave Delfin and Bluey their dinner. usually after dinner Bluey flies laps around the lounge and dining rooms really fast. Today I forgot to close the curtain behind me when I went to feed Delfin as he is still taking weaning mixture in the mornings and evenings. Bluey did around three or four laps around the lounge an dining rooms then must have realise that the curtain was open and flew into the kitchen then straight into the window. I heard the thud and crash and rush out to the kitchen and found Bluey on the dish rack. when I pick Bluey up, his head just rolled around. he never regain conscious. :(
I made two mistakes. first I forgot to pull the curtain back. second I assumed that Delfin and Bluey would recognize all the windows. I'm so very angry with myself.
So sorry to about the unfortunate accident. liljo202
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Oh I am so sorry!!! It was truly an accident. Fly high over the rainbow bridge Bluey :cry:
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

zentoucan

Post by zentoucan »

While I appreciate your kind words and I really do. I'm still angry with myself. There are no such thing as a accident just a series of preventable events that lead to the accident. I was neglectful and it cost Bluey his/her life. Bluey was just starting to come out of his/her shell and we will never know how close we would have became. I do realize that all life must come to an end and I accept that. But it's hard to accept a death cause by negligence. There's now a void every day. Bluey is gone but not forgotten.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Oh I AM sorry!, that is awful!. We all make mistakes or omissions, which in retrospect, we blame ourselves for. But blaming yourself will not change things. What a terrible shame he wasnt just stunned, I am sure he had a very happy life, and that is what matters, he was loved.
TiffandKari

Post by TiffandKari »

I understand how you feel, I lost a young IRN not too long ago and I couldn't help but wonder what I could have done to change what happened but a lot of the time it's not our fault. I am so sorry. :(
Tiff and Kari

Little Buttercup

Post by Little Buttercup »

Oh my, so upsetting to hear such news! He must've been such a lovely bird. I was following all your threads about training Bluey. Yes, it is our fault when such accidents happen, but we should try not to blame ourselves too much. I see it serves no purpose. The accident itself teaches us a lesson to be more careful in future. Rest in peace, Bluey.

Ash
Annie

Post by Annie »

So sad to hear this story. As a newbie, I did not even realize you could "Show" them windows. Can you explain how you go about this? We have many that we can't close off from the rest of the house. So perhaps your loss can help me prevent one here.
Anne