New IRN lover form Brisbane Aus :-)

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Jexa308

New IRN lover form Brisbane Aus :-)

Post by Jexa308 »

Hello,
My Name is Jess I recently bought a tamed green IRN for my son's. It was only days until I became quite fond of him, he would make little talking noises when I'd talk to him, he was only 12 weeks old when we got him and had him for only 5-6 weeks and silly me let him fly away :( He had one wing clipped I thought he wouldn't have made it over the back fence but sure enough he did.

I felt terrible and had a sick feeling, who would have thought a bird could make me feel like this.

Anyway a few days later we went and bought a pastel blue lace wing out of an aviary, I was told he was approx 3 months old which I'm sure he is at least 6 months as his/her is double the size of my old green :-(

I thought he was going to be tuff trying to calm down and tame as if anyone walks upto his cage his in a mad state, now after day 4 his now letting me approach him and talk quietly to him with out him flapping every where. So glad theres improvement as I'd love to have another tame one.

I'v enjoyed reading a lot of posts on here, very helpful and taking all of the tips on board.

Looking forward to being apart of this group.

Jess :D
PepperSprite

Re: New IRN lover form Brisbane Aus :-)

Post by PepperSprite »

Welcome Jess, All the best with your new baby
Alicia,
Mum to Peppermint & Sprite
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Sad you lost your little green baby, lest hope he has found his feet or some on has taken him in, now your new blue is challenging you already, sit by his cage a soften as you can and eat your meals so he can see you and soon you will have him eating out of your hand.

Be patient with him and let us know how you are getting on.

AJPeter
Jexa308

Post by Jexa308 »

Thanks guys, and love the advice AJPeter I'll be sure to start doing that :-)
zentoucan

Post by zentoucan »

Hello Jexa308
Jump to Alexandrine forum and read the subject "problems with new Alexandrine" this method I have used with get success. I also recommend that you read the whole subject.
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Hello,

Welcome. I'm really sorry you lost your first ringneck. It can be a tough thing, huh? I too almost once lost Devri. But, I spent hours searching for her and I was lucky enough to get her back. It's amazing what can happen in the blink of an eye. It's still not 2 late to get your other ringneck back. Try putting posters, signs, and talking to neighbors. Perhaps luck will be in your favor.

There is so much wonderful advice here on taming. These are such smart creatures and they learn quick; but i'm sure you already knew that. :lol:

Welcome to the family!

Best Wishes :wink: ,

IMRAN-C