To Glove Or Not To Glove? That Is The Question....

Moderator: Mods

Doodlebug

Re: To Glove Or Not To Glove? That Is The Question....

Post by Doodlebug »

MissK wrote:Hi Loo,

Yes, I did mean literally time you spend together with him, interacting. This may need to increase.

When I talk about hormones, I mean the way they may temporarily change at the start of breeding and nesting season. I noticed, for instance, that Rocky gets a bit snippy about me being in his cage at that time. We have a prompt little chat about it, where I remind him that it's my cage and he just lives in it, and all tends to go smoothly. Of course, we have a good history to rely on.
Hi MissK. I have increased the amount of time we spend together, obviously life gets in the way and my work patterns cannot be helped, so I am not putting him back in his cage til around 6pm now, whereupon I will warm up some of that delicious sweet potato mash recipe which he adores so much he doesn't even toss his pot on the floor!

We have had so much fun this week! I have been in the kitchen a lot, making lemon meringue pie, and cheese scones. I brought him into the kitchen with me on his tabletop T perch and he is getting so much better at travelling between rooms now as he knows theres always something good happening. Here he is discovering when life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

AJPeter wrote:Hi Loo,
I think the problem is not enough sleep, They need 12 - 14 hours of dark sleep.
Little Buttercup wrote:I was also thinking if you can add 2-3 hours more of sleeping time? And when you say you go 'slowly' does it mean you creep like how a predator would? How I move around Kiwi, I would'nt call it slowly but rather gracefully. If I have to walk past him at close range or get up from a chair where Kiwi is close by I go gracefully but not slowly nor abrupt. Now he does'nt freak or fly up since he knows what I will be doing.

Is dudes handraised?
Best of luck

Ash
Thanks guys, I have started covering him earlier, I'm not sure his temperament has improved but it sure won't hurt for him, or indeed any of us to have more shut eye!

I move around the same as you Ash, and I make sure I am talking before I go into a room he's in so he knows I am coming so isn't startled. He was parent raised in an aviary, and its slow progress. But he's so adorable he's worth every nano second :)
Loo :)
InTheAir

Re: To Glove Or Not To Glove? That Is The Question....

Post by InTheAir »

What a cute little monster!