SA deep violet blue sl edged

indigoblue cock, "brilliant" blue hen and babies

Tienie
Ring0Neck

Re: pictures of Deep and Dark Greens?

Post by Ring0Neck »

Hi Tienie,

Thanks for the updates, great birds.

Your SA deep violet blue sl edged looks close phenotype to the Belgium violets we've seen pics floating around of...

The Briliant blues, are briliant.
I wonder if the blue birds i'm looking at here are the same... did you pair any briliant blues together yet? or to green?

1 y old hen
http://parakeet.me/irn/f/PA205446.JPG
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

What is a brilliant blue?
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Carr.birds wrote:SA deep violet blue sl edged
Tienie, I think there is more to this bird. The feet are pink and the body has a very strong greyish overtone. I would have guess clearhead fallow was also involved if I didn't know the parents of this bird. Thoughts?
Skyes_crew wrote:What is a brilliant blue?
Melissa, Tienie owns a few blue birds that shows a slightly brighter blue phenotype. And to me also looks a little bit darker. He is looking into what it could possibly be and this is the name he uses until he has figured out the mystery.
Carr.birds

Post by Carr.birds »

Johan

Bred from SA deep blue sl edged/cinnamon? & violet cobalt sl edged-cinnamon hen. The 2 first round babies are cocks based on their phenotype and if not cinnamon must be split cinnamon. Do you think cobalt is involved. Second round babies are almost ready for a pic. One nice dark edged cock and purple edged hen

Tienie
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Anyone with thoughts on these birds?
no straight blue in this pic
These cockbirds are from the breeder i got my PR blue birds from.

http://parakeet.me/irn/f/PA255684.JPG

paint.net sys
http://parakeet.me/irn/f/PA255684red.JPG
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Carr.birds wrote:Johan

Bred from SA deep blue sl edged/cinnamon? & violet cobalt sl edged-cinnamon hen. The 2 first round babies are cocks based on their phenotype and if not cinnamon must be split cinnamon. Do you think cobalt is involved. Second round babies are almost ready for a pic. One nice dark edged cock and purple edged hen

Tienie
No, I don't think cobalt. I'm thinking there is more to the mother as well. She is extremely grey for and edged-cinnamon. I can't put my finger on it, but maybe something like misty. I would think that misty would be lighter than this bird, though. So I'm not sure, really.
Carr.birds

Post by Carr.birds »

Ben

1st round babies from blue opaline and SA deep green/blue

2nd round babies from blue opaline and SA deep green/blue hen

Tienie
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Tienie,

I'm glad, at least some of us had a great breeding season.
We should open separate thread for SA deep and everything related to it;
or we can do it on the gentics site, benefit: we can keep the thread clear/clean of unrelated to subject posts.
I'm an Explorer
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Ron has bred Deep Green chicks!!! :shock: was starting to think that they didn't exist (visually) Is going to be fabulous to compare these against normals and darks :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://www.fabulousparrots.com.au/photos
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

sheyd wrote:Ron has bred Deep Green chicks!!! :shock: was starting to think that they didn't exist (visually) Is going to be fabulous to compare these against normals and darks :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://www.fabulousparrots.com.au/photos
Thanks Shey! Haven't visited the site in a while, but it's nice to see them. The dark body and lighter tail looks suspiciously like the ones over here, but these ones definitely produce a violet phenotype when combined with dark.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

yes, will be interesting watching them mature and what they produce with structural mutations in the green series--- also looking forward to seeing a df Deep Green.
trabots

Post by trabots »

Deep Green and Deep Blue, mature birds

Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Willy,

The male, the female, the nestbox, ... any offspring?

Recio
trabots

Post by trabots »

Recio, this pair was apparently owned by the first ever breeder of a Deep Blue who is now deceased. He obtained the Deep Greens from the Smiths. I don't know if they were already /Blue or whether he did the initial breeding of /Blues. The Deep Blue might in fact be a Blue for all we know and that pair breeding the first splits. The image was sent to me by another breeder of Deep Blues.
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Thanks for the pic, Willy. What baffles me is that the first pair is a deep green/?blue x ?deep blue, so in theory there should be many deep greens/blue around Oz. The baffling part is, why are we struggling to find pictures of deep greens? Is the phenotype of deep green and the wildtype so close that the deep greens slip through as normal greens? :?:
Kappa

Post by Kappa »

Hi Johan,
As you can see from the photo posted by Willy, and photos I have posted in regards to deep greens, there is very little to tell them apart from the wild type green. They would quite easily be over looked in a flock of wild type greens. I even doubted that my cock bird was deep, but only for the word of the breeder.

I have bred what at this early stage maybe a possible df deep green, but am waiting for some wild type greens to feather up so that I can make some comparisons. Looking at the chick, which is 4weeks old, there does seem to be a difference bitween it and the sf deep cock. I will wait a little while before I jump to any conclusions.

Cheers.
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Thanks Kappa, looking forward to some pics of the deep green and his offspring. :D
Kappa

Post by Kappa »

Hi Everyone,
It's been a few days since looking at my deep green chick and its feathers have grow enough for me to be able to say that I would call it a df deep green.
It is definately different to its father, darker and more of an olive colour. Here are some pics.
Cheers.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (48.38 KiB) Viewed 10641 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (38.02 KiB) Viewed 10641 times
Kappa

Post by Kappa »

Here are some more photos

Imagea

Kappa

Post by Kappa »

And just one more.
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Kappa

Thank you sooooo much !!!!

Finally somebody cares !

I bet that not many expected this phenotype :? Mysterious
I will say no more, let's see what others have to say.

Edit: rephrasing the Question
Question: Will a deep grey look any different to a grey ???

Last edited by Ring0Neck on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm an Explorer
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Kappa,

Are the nails colour of this chick darker than his father's nails?

Thanks

Recio
trabots

Post by trabots »

Kappa, what hen did you breed your Deep Green to and are you in Australia?
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Thanks Kappa, you are a rock star in my books! :D

Your bird is very interesting and the brownish tinge reminds me of the picture that Willy uploaded some time ago. We were all wondering how accurate that picture is, but clearly not that far off. I can't wait for this bird to colour up and esp the tail to grow out.

@Recio, nail colour art this age might be a bit premature. :)
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

definately keen to see more- esp with a Wildtype and the Deep Green sire :D
Kappa

Post by Kappa »

Hi everyone,

This chick turned out to be so much more than I expected. It will be a very versatile addition to my breeding program.
There will be more photos and comparisons to come.
My only disappointment is that I lost a dark green chick, it would have good to have when comparing the different green series birds all together .

Willy, I'm from Oz and the hen I bred with the deep is a deep green pallid. They are from Martin G. lines.
Thank you to everyone for the positive feedback. I will keep you all informed.
Cheers.
trabots

Post by trabots »

the Deep Green Pallid must be nice. Pallid is so much nicer in Green series IMO.
Kappa

Post by Kappa »

Hi Recio,
I wanted to wait until the chick was older to inform you of the colour of it's nails. Looking at the nails as they are atm they are a dark brown colour, not black. I don't know if they will change as it gets older.

trabots

Post by trabots »

Ron sent me this today. Only a phone pic, camera pics to come. Nothing like what I see in this thread.

SF Deep Green
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Kappa,

Thank you for the pics ... but my questions remains : is the chick nails colour darker than his father's nails? If rigth now the colour is already darker it would point to Deep as a melanistic mutation. If not yet ... let's wait and see a bit later.

Thanks

Recio
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Willy, the reports from Oz is that the original deep green is only a step darker than the wildtype. That picture reminds me of our local birds, which are significantly darker than the wildtype.
trabots

Post by trabots »

Thank you for the pics ... but my questions remains : is the chick nails colour darker than his father's nails? If rigth now the colour is already darker it would point to Deep as a melanistic mutation. If not yet ... let's wait and see a bit later.
I have seen various shades of nail and feet colour in the same mutations, IMO not a defining characteristic except in the obvious ones.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Is Ron able to have the Deep green chicks photographed with Wildtype chicks of roughly the same age...why isn't anybody doing this!?

Thanks for the phone pic Willy- looking forward to camera pics... though a bird on it's own tells us nothing.
trabots

Post by trabots »

Shey, Ron assures me that is happening, hopefully alongside a Dark Green and a Violet Green as well.
Kappa

Post by Kappa »

Hi Shey,
I will post some photos soon. My wildtype greens are about 4weeks now. The little buggers won't grow fast enough. It very frustrating.
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

trabots wrote:Shey, Ron assures me that is happening, hopefully alongside a Dark Green and a Violet Green as well.
Fantastic news! :D
trabots

Post by trabots »

Kappa, thanks for the private email. It shouldn't need to be private. Ron's Deep Blue birds are the same as Martins as are mine. Only Ron has bred Deep Greens (in our little group). You say you have them? Where are your images? Have you bred a DF Deep in either Blue or Green? If you think your birds are different only your breeding of DF birds can prove or disprove. I would be most happy if there was yet another structural mutation. Ron's image was with a phone. Let's just wait for the accurate camera pics which I know will be in hand soon.
Kappa

Post by Kappa »

Hi Willy,
I have nothing to hide and the private email was to discuss the obvious difference in what I have been lead to believe is deep green and the photo Ron has provided. I merely decided that a private discussion would be more appropriate, not knowing how Ron or Martin would react to being publicly involved a discussion. I know that all the deeps come from the same source, and the variation to what was being labeled as deep green was a surprise.

My deep green is bred from 1 of Martin's birds, and as for images, I have posted some early on in this thread. Have I bred a df deep green? I thought I did, but I am unfortunately starting to have my doubts. The chick I have was very different early on ( also posted photos in this thread) but has "greened up" and lightened up as it has grown. I will wait until it and others (wild type green) fledge and tails grow out before I make closer comparisons.

I will be waiting with interest to see more photos of Ron's deep green, and if there is an obvious difference, then maybe I have something different, which requires more investigation.

Regards,
Kappa.
trabots

Post by trabots »

My deep green is bred from 1 of Martin's birds, and as for images, I have posted some early on in this thread. Have I bred a df deep green? I thought I did, but I am unfortunately starting to have my doubts. The chick I have was very different early on ( also posted photos in this thread) but has "greened up" and lightened up as it has grown. I will wait until it and others (wild type green) fledge and tails grow out before I make closer comparisons.
Kappa, I apologise for not taking the time to go back to the start of the thread. Your bird has hardly any blue in the tail, even less than some wildtypes. Whatever the camera a Deep Green is going to show a darker than normal blue tail as did Ron's birds.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Kappa wrote:Hi Shey,
I will post some photos soon. My wildtype greens are about 4weeks now. The little buggers won't grow fast enough. It very frustrating.
That would be fantastic Kappa- looking forward to them :)
trabots

Post by trabots »

Ron has just sent me images of a Deep Green with a Green, both 100% for sure. Kappa, I don't know what to say but your bird is significantly different.

SF Deep Green, Green
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Thank you so much Willy- thanks to Ron too - nothing like what I expected- it's even better than I had imagined. :D Breed from a df Deep yes?

Cheers
trabots

Post by trabots »

Sheyd, no they were bred from a Deep Blue x Green CH Fallow. He has 3 Deep Greens /CH Fallow now.
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

trabots wrote:Ron has just sent me images of a Deep Green with a Green, both 100% for sure. Kappa, I don't know what to say but your bird is significantly different.

SF Deep Green, Green
I hate to be blunt, but whoever made the observation that the original deep green bird identified in the imported flock was barely a shade darker than the wildtype have a very different opinion of a shade to me. The way I understood it, it took acute powers of observation to identify the deep green from the other birds. The bird in this picture stands out like a sore eye. I am very very surprised at how dark this bird is.
madas

Post by madas »

Johan S wrote:
trabots wrote:Ron has just sent me images of a Deep Green with a Green, both 100% for sure. Kappa, I don't know what to say but your bird is significantly different.

SF Deep Green, Green
I hate to be blunt, but whoever made the observation that the original deep green bird identified in the imported flock was barely a shade darker than the wildtype have a very different opinion of a shade to me. The way I understood it, it took acute powers of observation to identify the deep green from the other birds. The bird in this picture stands out like a sore eye. I am very very surprised at how dark this bird is.
Me too and i am not convinced it is a deep. So what about a pic with a deep green, dark green and a normal green???
trabots

Post by trabots »

Me too and i am not convinced it is a deep.
I am sick of this doubting. Read my lips, the bird was bred from a Deep. Ron is not a stunned mullet. I will tell him that he will not be believed until he puts it with a Dark Green also, he will probably say "tell them get mated". You wonder why he doesn't participate. You are referencing to 10th hand decades old information about the history of the original Deeps. Surely new photographic evidence supersedes the hearsay? Ron has the birds after all and therefore this evidence is 1st hand to me.

Bluntly I too am getting very worn out with all the crap being promulgated on this forum while ignoring the evidence. Some of you people are the avian equivalent of conspiracy geeks, always looking for an answer outside of reasonable analysis. Johan your blatant sarcasm on the other thread is what has put me over the top angry. I have been proved correct now in every topic I have carried out a running battle for, Pied rainbows, df Parblues, Deeps, %split of split x split offspring and now what every else already knew, Emerald IRNs are Parblues. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Stefan you are usually most reasonable and I am sorry this was your post that copped it. Johan you know where to stick those Deep feathers I sent you.
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

First 2 rows of Ron's pictures show the deep greens & in another pic the dark green,
http://fabulousparrots.com.au/photos.cfm

Willy, a dark g. deep g. and green pic would be apropriate as reference photo just like the ones you have of parblues sf df etc..
I'm an Explorer
madas

Post by madas »

trabots wrote:
Me too and i am not convinced it is a deep.
I am sick of this doubting. Read my lips, the bird was bred from a Deep. Ron is not a stunned mullet. I will tell him that he will not be believed until he puts it with a Dark Green also, he will probably say "tell them get mated". You wonder why he doesn't participate. You are referencing to 10th hand decades old information about the history of the original Deeps. Surely new photographic evidence supersedes the hearsay? Ron has the birds after all and therefore this evidence is 1st hand to me.

Bluntly I too am getting very worn out with all the crap being promulgated on this forum while ignoring the evidence. Some of you people are the avian equivalent of conspiracy geeks, always looking for an answer outside of reasonable analysis. Johan your blatant sarcasm on the other thread is what has put me over the top angry. I have been proved correct now in every topic I have carried out a running battle for, Pied rainbows, df Parblues, Deeps, %split of split x split offspring and now what every else already knew, Emerald IRNs are Parblues. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Stefan you are usually most reasonable and I am sorry this was your post that copped it. Johan you know where to stick those Deep feathers I sent you.
Hi Willy,

please calm down. :) I would say all "troublemakers" take a short time-out and think about the facts posted. And then come back with your conclusions. :D

regarding the pic: Willy can you tell us out of which pairing this deep green comes from? For me the bird is too dark to be a hetereozyguos deep green. Is it possible that the bird is a homozyguos one?
It is almost dark as a common violet green (not menaing it is one). Judging from the "blue series" birds you have posted i haven't expected a deep green could be dark as this bird.
So on this pic i can see two distinct deep green phenotypes (bottom left is darker then the one right beside):

So is the left one a homozyguos? Could it be the same as in the pic you posted?

thx in advance.