Frangipani?

Moderator: Mods

AlphaWolf

Frangipani?

Post by AlphaWolf »

Hello, I'am beginning to think of making a playstand for Aero. I noticed that we have tons of frangipani trees in our neighbourhood. The subspecies of frangipani that we have is Singapore frangipani (plumeria obtuse). I read that you have them aslo is Australia, so you Aussies should pipe in :D . Are the flower safe, I just love the beautiful waxy-white flowers. And do you think it will make a good play gym.

Here are a ton of pictures:
ImageImage

-Alpha
"Live with parrots and you learn to panic"

AlphaWolf
zentoucan

Re: Frangipani?

Post by zentoucan »

I never seen any type of bird in a frangipani tree. also I think that the sap could be poisonous has it is white and sticky. but I'm not 100% sure.
it might be an idea to speak to a vet or a person from a nursery or garden centre.
AlphaWolf

Post by AlphaWolf »

Plumeria rubra is toxic, but what about plumeria obtuse. I believe they are two different species, I also heard about the sap thing but have to check. It will be sad if it is toxic as it would make a perfect play gym and is one of the only trees readily available. And if it is toxic what alternative fast-growing fruit trees to turn into a play gym.

AlphaWolf
AlphaWolf

Post by AlphaWolf »

Oh I understand now, thank you molussus for your help. I'am going to search for an edible fig tree, they are beautiful but I never knew that they are fast-growing. I was thinking of growing a supermarket fig tree from seed but I'am not so sure. What about papaya trees, they are quite fast growing and do you think you can branch the trunk?

AlphaWolf