Fats is talking!

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

ranechild

Fats is talking!

Post by ranechild »

So being home sick yesterday I got to hear all the words Fats has been practicing!
He said: You're so cute, Thank you, Good boy, What doing?/Whatcha doing?, Peekaboo, and he's working on Cute cute cute cute cute cute cute (a la Marnie).
He's also been working on whistling Happy and you know it.
Whenever I figure out how to get these things uploaded to Youtube, I'll post the videos!
JoeysMom

Re: Fats is talking!

Post by JoeysMom »

Sorry you weren't feeling well. But that is great that you got to hear your baby talking! I love listening to them practice. It is so adorable! You must be very proud of him! :D

-Joeys Mom
-Joey's Mom
MissK

Post by MissK »

Such a comfort to have the Little Heads around when you're not well. Once, when I was sick in bed, I taught my dog to crawl on her belly ala G.I. Joe, and she still does it, bless her little fuzzy heart! Still brings me joy, still brings me comfort to know when I'm down, she's there for me.

Congrats on your loquacious boy!
-MissK
084bar

Post by 084bar »

My Peanut is only 1year at month end, a/he only saying come big boy, come pretty boy, pickaboo, car alarm and few whistles, may I ask how old was your bird when started to talk so much?
Regards
Barbara

Another Indian ringneck lover and Peanut

ranechild

Post by ranechild »

Fats is only 5 and a half months old! Now I admit, they aren't all as clearly said as I am hioping for, but they all are distinguishable. He's been practicing his Peekaboo alot this weekend. I need to get a decent camera so i can show you guys.
MissK

Post by MissK »

Surprise, surprise, Rocky just gave me the clearest "Hello" I ever got from him. Hope he doesn't start saying it all the time. I taped a piece of paper to the wall by the cage so I can record what he says. People always ask me if he talks and I just go "Sort of...."
-MissK
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

It is simply amazing that fats talks so much at such a young age. Future super genius :D hamlet still only says a few words and not too clearly. The only ones he works on daily is thank you and skylar and he's 7 months.
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

ranechild

Post by ranechild »

I'm uploading a video tonight! This morning Fats was having a little practice session between the time my boyfriend left for work and I got my lazy self out of bed... I video'ed him from the other side of the room. The video itself is crap, but you can hear all kinds of interesting chatter.
And for those interested, the loud squeaking parts are him imitating Camo the Quaker. Sound almost identical to Camo when he flies.
ranechild

Post by ranechild »

ranechild

Post by ranechild »

He now also says, gimme a kiss, good boy, come here good boy, silly bird (although the word silly sounds like scratching records), all of his previous words have gotten rather clear. He's also making alot more kissy sounds. He plays and kisses his java branch and says "you're so cute", he kisses his water dish and says "you're so cute", he kisses his snuggle hut (which he just uses to stand on, not go inside), he kisses his blocks...
He also is imitating my boyfriend and I imitating him make his "pew pew pew" sound, that really loud contact call kind of sound. He goes bew bew bew.
And if he gets too chattery, Camo starts to squack at him like he's upset. That's particularly when Fats makes alot of Quaker parrot flying noises.
Next step, get him to say his own name and to talk when he's not on his cage.
He did talk to me while he was on my shoulder the other day--that was awesome.
ranechild

Post by ranechild »

We also have a "tickle tickle" and a "you're welcome" this morning.
MissK

Post by MissK »

I bet that's some interesting conversation over Cheerios. :lol:
-MissK
ranechild

Post by ranechild »

He now talks to Camo. He says "Come here, Camo", "gimmie a kiss, Camo", "hi Camo"

He is also saying Hi Fats!

I am now working on "I love you Camo" and "touchdown!"
MissK

Post by MissK »

What happened to "Drink! Drink! Drink!" ?
:lol:
-MissK
ranechild

Post by ranechild »

oh yeah... i guess he got distracted :)
He's making progess on 'touchdown' :)
So he's been chopping up phrases and recombining them alot lately. Many a "good cute"
He's also making full sentences instead of phrases... "You're a good boy"

This weekend we had the front door open (screen door in place) and Fats could definately be heard from the street. It also occurred to me that these recombined phrases could lead to trouble.... he could take 'you're so cute!" and "Hi Fats" and recombine them.... I can just see someone walking down the street one day and all the sudden a little voice out of nowhere sounds "you're so fats!"
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

peek a boo should probably be the first thing a bird should learn to say... seems like every bird says it... even my bird.. a non talker, says 3 versions of it that he learned from me and youtube haha..
They like how it sounds.

btw, Rainchild... nice cage.. my poor bird has a little cage for in the house (which i rarely make him stay in) and then a great big one outside that he can fly around in.

But I wish i had a more sizable cage for indoors.