Nesting but not having eggs

Moderator: Mods

Danny123

Nesting but not having eggs

Post by Danny123 »

My Ringnecks have been paird for a while now and digging and sleeping in there nesting boxes and have been doing so for a few weeks now they have been digging around there boxes but have not layed any eggs. Is it just to late in the season or could they still be possibly going to lay. They seem to be very happy in a good size cage with one other pair of Ringnecks. they have variety of fruits vegetables seeds and nuts. Just would like to get other breeders thoughts and experiences on this situation all info appreciated. :)
Ring0Neck

Re: Nesting but not having eggs

Post by Ring0Neck »

Danny,

If you are in Aus. or SA then it should not be too late in most regions, some pairs take their time especially this year.
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
Danny123

Post by Danny123 »

Yes I'm in aus thanks mate will keep an eye on them
sarah23

Post by sarah23 »

Hi I'm in south Australia and my ringnecks are also doing the same. My pairs last year laid a good month earlier. but I'm confident they will lay soon. From talking to other breeders it seems to be a late season this year for ringnecks.
All the best :)
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Sarah,

You are spot on, breeders around Brisbane say the same.
We also think that a draught season is coming hence their abnormal breeding behaviour, more clear eggs
delayed breeding etc.

83IV
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know