How long did your ringneck bluffing last for?

Moderator: Mods

How long did your ringneck bluffing last for?

A few weeks
26%
1 Month
5%
2 Months
26%
3 Moths
5%
4 Months
No votes
5 Moths
5%
6 Months
32%

Total votes: 19

carrie

Post by carrie »

Well, unfortunately I can't answer that yet! So far it has been about 4 months. Ringneck - how long did your female's bluffing last? I know you said it was worse than your male but I would like to think that this stage is nearly over - she has been REALLY naughty this week!!! :evil:
Greg Sujecki

Post by Greg Sujecki »

well not yet either,l do remember Lielow who has passed away bluffed about 11-12 months of age though Lielow was a female.(not that there is anything wrong with that :lol: )
Greg, Mylo and the flock!
kosejentan

Post by kosejentan »

Pardon my english but don't understand the word "bluffing"!! Well, if somebody says to me: Don't do it! He's bluffing! then I might understand but related to birds I don't understand. Can someone please explane??
Pamela with 2 budgies, 2 tiels and a baby Indian Ringneck named Jia
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

It like when they are "könsmogna" in swedish :D
kosejentan

Post by kosejentan »

*mia* wrote:It like when they are "könsmogna" in swedish :D

Thanx Mia!! :D
Pamela with 2 budgies, 2 tiels and a baby Indian Ringneck named Jia
Klaatu

Post by Klaatu »

8) Fortunatley, I got my bird when he was a year and 1/2 so I didn't have to go through that. As I understand it they get real mean and bite alot when they start puberty.
Gort, Klaatu Barada Nikto
brunofam5141

Re: How long did your ringneck bluffing last for?

Post by brunofam5141 »

newman was a hand raised baby and he has always been very, very sweet. BUT he did go through bluffing and i would say for a good two months. he became very territorial of his cage and it became difficult to get him out with out getting nipped. we had to bribe him to come out with treats. we got through it though. we didn't give in to the "bites" just acted normal and as soon as he would step up nicely and come out, we praised the crap out of him. NOW before he even let's us take him out of his cage, he wants a good pet/scratch and then he'll step up. what a little butt! he's definitely got us wrapped around his....errr...ummm wing?