At what age did you ringneck start talking?

Moderator: Mods

At what age did you ringneck start talking?

During Hand feeding
1%
1 - 2 Moths
No votes
2 - 3 Months
3%
4 -5 Months
13%
6 - 7 Months
19%
8 - 9 Months
19%
10 - 11 Months
12%
1 Year
17%
1 ½ Year
9%
Around 2 years or over
7%

Total votes: 75

Greg Sujecki

Post by Greg Sujecki »

Mylo said his first word in April "hello" . :)
Greg, Mylo and the flock!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

My babies first words will be "shoulda gotta boy' hahaha. Mean lil hen!

She is now, at 5 months saying, "hey baby" but it comes out hey beepee.
Kristi

Post by Kristi »

Midori started trying to talk at about 6 months....trying being the operative word here. You could tell he was trying but no one other than me recognized the sounds as words. He now (at 8 months old) says "Hi, Dori!" quite clearly, and even visitors can decipher what he is saying very easily. I have sat at my kitchen table for hours, doing homework, reading, eating, whatever, and just repeated that phrase over and over and over and over and over and over and over again....then I repeated it some more! LOL it was worth it...I love hearing him talk...he sounds adorable. I am now repeating the phrase "Heeeeere, kitty kitty kitty" and he is listening but not repeating yet. =)

I have found that the best talkers (I used to have a Blue Front Amazon that was an amazing talker!) learn from repetition.....lots and lots of repetition. Good luck all!

Kristi
Kristi and Midori
doremon

Post by doremon »

Hi:

My IRN started talking at about 9-10 months of age.

First word he muttered wasl "Hello", and now include "Good Boy", "gi gi" - short for "Hoogie" - his name, and also "Wan An" - Good night in Mandarin.

Cheers!

Doremon
Julz

Post by Julz »

One of my old ringnecks didnt really have a first word, one day i heard him mutter all this stuff, and then a minute later he said 'domenic bad bird' :shock:
JULZ
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

Kalle doesn´t speak but sometimes it sounds like he is trying to say hallå (hello) but sounds like aaåå. and often before he sounds like that is he mutter alot of diffrent sounds but very quiet. Before he say aaåå he sounds almost like a phone. but i´m not sure do you think he is trying to speak? I have had him for little more then a month, i got him in the end of august, but he has lived in two diffrent home before he came to me.. He is born in 2002..
Klaatu

Post by Klaatu »

8) Same here my Klaatu makes the aaa noise every morning.
Gort, Klaatu Barada Nikto
nil

Post by nil »

i have 11 ringnecks but only 1 lazaros live with me inside the house and speak.
His first word was < gia > means in english hello, when he was 5 month
Melika

Post by Melika »

Hane and Tsume (Hane's brother, my sister belongs to him) began trying to speak just under a year of age.

Now he knows a few words. He should know more by now but I dont' speak much around my pets; because I don't talk when I'm happy and around them I'm happy. :?

I say: Hey Hane (hah-nay)
He says: eh-ah-nay

I say: Love Love Luh-uv!
He says: ov-ov-uh-uv!

I say: Pretty Bir-ird
He says: petty-ird (that's right, not pRetty, but petty)

I didn't get him for talking. I got him for friendship, I guess I don't care if he talks...
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Amazon been trying to talk for a while, but just after his first birthday the word "hello" came out followed with "what ya doing" thats all.

he is now 18mths and those are still the only words he says:(
Sharlene and Amazon
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh wow I missed a poll. hehe.
Cant remember exactly when Jibby started, but he would of been under a year old. Jibby says 'Chicky Yeeeah!' (Chicky was a tiel we had when he was a bub) 'Jibby hellooo!' 'What cho doin Chicky!!' (hard to understand) 'I love you Jibby' (says it in his sleep) and on the very rare occasion, he will just say 'Tweet.. Tweet' just like that. hehe.
Yoda picked up Jibbys jibberish very quickly after we brought him home, at 1 year he started to finally try my words. He now says, 'Jibby Helloo!' 'Chicky Yeah!' (Jibs words) 'I love you' 'Helloo!' 'Rorrreee!' (partners name) *Wolf whistles* (which is the fave lately, does it constantly) and most recently 'Woooah' watch out!' :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
brunofam5141

Re: At what age did you ringneck start talking?

Post by brunofam5141 »

newman's first words were "awww yeah!" and then he started with the cat call whistle. he makes all kinds of kissy noises and half the time now he just makes crap up. but he can also say "what", "whose a good boy" and our dogs name "feenie". i love when he says what...we can have a whole "conversation" of whats for a few minutes. he's learning to say "what are you doin?" and also learning "the whistle song" [twisted nerve] from kill bill
petulantscholar

Post by petulantscholar »

I've had Zola for over a decade. She's never uttered a word until this week. She's picks up songs and whistles very easy but not words. On Sunday my boyfriend (her favorite person) and I were watching tv. I was scratching her head and she was being fed baked chips (her favorite treat). All of sudden she goes, "Hello" and then, amused with herself, talks up a storm for the next twenty minutes.

I've never been more bewildered in my life.
Valeria

Post by Valeria »

1 Year
Richardnut

At what age did you ringneck start talking

Post by Richardnut »

the point of this rule was to increase the number of users talking and participating in our forum, as well as attracting more people from around the world.

What do you think of this new rule?
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

Richardnut - obviously a misspost, but 'What new rule?'
Mary