important question!

Moderator: Mods

What should Nila do?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:17 pm

Nila, play by the rules!
No votes
It's your snooker table, do what you like!
100%

Total votes: 5

InTheAir

important question!

Post by InTheAir »

Hey guys,
We have an unresolved disagreement in our house hold that has been going for weeks, can you help us please?
Nila loves sinking the white ball on his new snooker table. I hate spoiling his fun by only rewarding him when he plays by the rules.
The result of the difference in opinion between Dave and I is that Nila doesn't get to use his snooker table. We can't go on like this...

So, do you think I should encourage him to play by the rules or just let him push and sink any ball? He does like to start a game by sinking the black ball too.
ellieelectrons

Re: important question!

Post by ellieelectrons »

Have you researched what colours an IRN can see? They may have better colour vision than us, but I don't know.

If it were my birds, I'd just be happy that they knew to sink the balls but then I don't have a prodigy on my hands!

Ellie.
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

I read that they have different colour vision then us and have more cone thingies in their eyes, so they can perceive uv light. It appears they can distinguish different shades better then us. I just did a quick google search and found this interesting https://www.nwf.org/News-and-Magazines/ ... ision.aspx
I have seen videos of birds putting the correct coloured ring in the correct place. All the rings are primary colours, so it may be able to perceive the difference and alex could vocalise requests for different coloured objects.

One thing I will try to teach Nila, regardless of whether we play for fun or by the rules, is to stop walking through the middle of the table to reach the ball he wants to roll.
MissK

Post by MissK »

I'd assess my feelings on how important it is to have Nila play by the rules VS how important it is to get on with Dave, have Dave do some similar introspection, and proceed accordingly.......

Fresh Worms!

:D

-MissK
-MissK
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

If you push a prodigy too far he will eventually rebel :wink:

Let the bird have some fun :D
Maybe teach him to identify the colors first one by one and then go for a full table. Then maybe he can teach Dave to play too :lol:
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Maybe you could publish "Nila's rules" and invent a new game.

On another note, you could let him do his own thing for a bit and then try to teach him the human rules.

I like the way MissK expressed it though and agree :)

Ellie.
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

ellieelectrons wrote:Maybe you could publish "Nila's rules" and invent a new game.

Ellie.
I like it! Nila rules snooker has a good ring to it.
Sold! :mrgreen: