IRN's talking in sync

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Carly

IRN's talking in sync

Post by Carly »

My pair of IRNs have just started talking in sync with each other!

Rajah (the older male) has some very set speech patterns which he loves to repeat in the same order every time he says them. Sari (the baby girl) has learned to repeat many of Rajah's words.

But now, i've just started noticing, that when Rajah starts one of his little 'speeches' after the first or second word, Sari will join in. They are so funny! at first i thought i was hearing things but they are definately both saying the same things in-sync!

they never fail to amaze me! I'm so glad I got Rajah a mate because he and Sari are just so funny together :D
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Can you record this?

We could add it to our sound files, that sounds sooooo cute.

Are they in love?
~ Mikaela Sky

Carly

Post by Carly »

lol if i can record it i'll let you know.. ;)

are they in love? i think its more of a love/hate relationship, he loves her and she hates him!

hehe well not really, but she is definately the bossy one, although i think secretly she thinks he's her idol (she did learn his whole vocab!)
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

that is usual for ringnecks, the hen is boss
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Most cell phones these days have both a camera and a voice recorder. Unless it is analog.... hahaha analog, too funny.

I didnt even know my phone had that feature until a week after I bought it, check yours it just may. Look for 'voice recorder' in your menu.

Then you just plug in a USB and *poof* it is on your harddrive!
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

how do we post vids or audio stream here. I have a few I was going to try and add to my little free site that I have going for kai. But if we can upload them here all the better to share :-)
Melika

Post by Melika »

*chuckle* birds speaking in stereo. xDDD
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Carly

Post by Carly »

I have a 'video' mode on my digi camera - its pretty sketchy but i'll see what I can do.

I'm guessing that you would have to host the video on another site and just link to it from here...
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Carly Raj is soooooooo pretty! I want him!
-Chamon-

Carly

Post by Carly »

Datsun and Family wrote:Carly Raj is soooooooo pretty! I want him!

:lol: You cant have him! He's my baby! (well, not literally, although I do feel very maternal when telling people I've had him since he was an egg hehe)

I'm sure you feel the same way about Datsun :wink:
vortmax

Post by vortmax »

that's how Tony learned most of what he says. He was saying step up (kinda) before coming home to visit my mom and her quaker. After 2 months with the quaker.....lets just say his vocabulary has greatly increased.
surferdon

Post by surferdon »

carly,
did your birds get along at first, and do you always cage them together? Also do u hold them and interact with them, or are they both too interested in each other?
Carly

Post by Carly »

Surferdon:

I kept my birds housed seperately (but next to each other) for a good few weeks before letting them live together. Now they are caged together, and have been for 10 months. Yes I handle them every day, and Raj still loves my attention just as much as he did before I got Sari. Infact, the way I house my birds dictates that they MUST be handled every day. I have two seperate cages, one inside and one outside. the birds rely on me to take them out every morning and bring them in again at night.

I would highly recommend this way of housing pet birds, it is described in Mattie-Sue Athan's book 'guide to a well behaved parrot' and it reflects the way that they live in the wild, with seperate 'roosting' and 'foraging' areas, and reinforces the fact that they are dependant on you in their daily routine.
surferdon

Post by surferdon »

Do you plan to breed these birds, and how do they get along during thier breeding season?? I must add your birds are very beautiful!!!!