Addicted... hehe

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

baby_bella

Addicted... hehe

Post by baby_bella »

The title is so true.... Ilove my bella so much. she is the cutest parrot ive ever seen and were alreadly begin to have a close bond... does any one elses parrot do that funny little head bopping thing when they get excited? mine does.... she sits there and squaks her head off and just haves a good ol' time. so cute.

Does anyone else find these beautiful parrots so addicting! im bf's getting jeleous, :lol: i think. hehe

i swear if i worked at home i would breed these gorgeous birdies.

who actually founded this site by the way??? can i just say what an awesome site to get info on my baby, if it wasnt for all you here i dont know if i would know half the stuff i do. HUGE thank yous. :P

ps. for great parrot toys visit ebay.com great cheap stuff! i get most of my toys off there!
Little_Bailey

Post by Little_Bailey »

Hehe ur the ebay queen jess, thanks for all ur help i got some cool toys thanks to you...! :) im in love with my baby lol :lol:
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I think this is all Mikaela's fault :P

You should read the "I feel Stooped" thread in the Misc comments section we are all birdaholics here
Melika

Post by Melika »

Ringneck is the user name of Imran, the guy who runs/owns the site. ^^
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

I would say I am a very controlled birdaholic... or at least I try! I work with pets so get to cuddle birds at work, I try to cuddle myself out at work so I dont feel the need to bring anything else home!

I have a 6 month old budgie, "Chevy" she is hand tamed and very sweet. "Audi" my 6 week old lovebird I rased myself from 17days and he is sooo cute and cuddly. Then theres "Datsun" my baby, my best friend, my pride and joy who turns 1 year in a few days!!!

I want some BIG birds, a 'Too amd a Macaw mostly but I just dont have the room.... yet :wink:
-Chamon-

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Chamon:

You and I are in the same boat. I am birded out, however, I MUST have one more.... either a Macaw or a white cockatoo... but my DREAM is a black umbrella cockatoo.

Those are fairly rare and 10,000.00 american dollars but hubby said go for it if I find one but THAT IS IT. Good thing he thinks Chief is a stuffed animal -giggle- You can get by with that with a 'tiel.

-walks over and checks Chief for a pulse- Yup, still alive... otherwise I wouldnt know :roll:
~ Mikaela Sky

Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

I want a Mollucan Cockatoo, not even sure if I can get them here :(

Cockatiels have the cuddle factor, I love to play with them at work but I dont think I would want one. I didn't really want a budgie but she just fell in my lap and Datsun loves that silly bird so she stays.

James has told me any more pets and you'll live alone with them! He isn't really serious but then I don't think I'll push it just yet! :?

Its not too bad I only have 3 birds a cat a rabbit and 30 something fish... oh and the two ringnecks Im handraising and the Olive ringneck who needs to recover from a bit of self mutilation, the two cats I left at my grandparents.... I can stop anytime... I can.... Im not that addicted! :roll:
-Chamon-

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

No, with some extensive therepy and a 12 step program maybe we can somehow get our lives back from these wonderful creatures.

On second thought, I like being high on birdies better. Im not ready for rehab but good luck to those of you that are. I'll be your sponsor. Other than that, Im out.
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Post by Melika »

I know a good place to get black palm cockatoos, Mikaela. it's on the other coast. ^^

They're an avian research center, they breed and help crete pelleted diets.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I have to go to Boca next week to close on a shopping center I sold an attorney so he didnt have to pay SICK taxes.

Where on the other coast is it? How much are they?

My ol'man just bought a 67,000.00 boat. I can have a friggin 10 grand bird and nothing he can say about it! At least my investment is alive. Not an object!

You like going out on boats Melika? You can go with us and the kids sometimes, we'd love to have you. Your Mom and Dad could of course meet us all first, I wouldnt expect anything less. We talked it out and fiqured with 4 boys it costs us right at 100.00 just to go to the movies. With a boat, it seems expensive at first but it is something the kids would love, a way for us all to get away together for some fresh air. And besides, we do live in Florida. And it is an investment.

He ordered it this week so it should be in, in a few more. We are excited. I asked him why he didnt buy during the summer! He rationalized by saying boats are way more then and that made sense to me. Even in the dead of winter you can put on a jacket and get some good fishing in, comfortably.

Our first BIG adventure is going to be to the keys. We are boating it from Tampa to Key Largo. If the elements get bad the kids and I will go down bottom and be safe and warmand watch T V. We will decide when we get there if we want to stay in the boat (which I do) or dock it and get a room (which hubby wants). We should be able to make it to Key Largo in about 5 hours so we can do it in daylight. We have to take the kids out a few times first to make sure they have sea-legs. I dont want to travel from here to the Keys with a puking youngen.
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Post by Melika »

I've never been motor-boating. We have a little 19 foot pearson day sailer, lol. And I've been on large and small sailing vessels, but never a motor boat. We put out from the marina right next to the St. Pete pier. Are you keeping your boat in dry dock or in the water (where)?

I love boating, lol. And definitely have sea legs. ^_~

We all have our jobs when we sail, usually there would be three of us, but we can put out with just two. I handle the bow and dad or whoever takes the stern, lol.

Something about the salt air. And the sound when the wind catches the sail- that slap- is my favourite sound. ^_^

And the last few times out we had no motor... lol. xDD
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

He just ordered it and it is being built.

He is dry docking it but I dont know the details. I heard that was expensive, hope it isnt too bad or he will be parking that thing in the street! hahaha
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Post by Melika »

Everything about motor-boats is expensive in my book, lol.

Even gas gets $$. Cost gets bigger as the size of the vessel increases.

Hence why we use the wind. ^_~