Cranky Green Grocer Thinks I Am A Nut Case

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

laine

Cranky Green Grocer Thinks I Am A Nut Case

Post by laine »

Every 2 days I go to the green grocer near work and buy just a small variety of fresh fruit. I must annoy them cos it's generally 2 apples, 3 bananas (1 for smokey & 2 for me), a few grapes (you get the idea). I have always thought that the grocer must think I buy them for my lunch. Any way the other day an old cranky man came up to me and said "You need to buy a full bunch of grapes not just a few like you always do". I replied "why? there are no signs stating a minimum amount to buy and besides I don't need many" He said "If you buy a bunch of grapes you won't need to keep coming each day to buy just a few for your lunch, a small bunch will last you a week". He didn't know what to say when I replied "The fruit isn't for me. It's for my parrot and he only has about 3 grapes a day which I cut in half, so you see, a bunch would be a waste as they will go off and he doesn't like old grapes" He just stared at me as i continued to collect my small quantities of fruit. I have been back to the store but now I think they give me strange looks LOL :lol:
bec

Re: Cranky Green Grocer Thinks I Am A Nut Case

Post by bec »

i know what you mean!!! you should have seen the look on the guy at the local chip shop when larissa said
"mum you know we need more chips than that .......thats not even enough for the birds!!!!"
& then there was the look on my dads face when riku flew down to the back of my seat so i could give him a pizza crust!!!
these people who arnt owned by a bird just dont understand!
delboy

Post by delboy »

yeah i had the same experince the other day i had 1 water melon 1yellow melon grapes oranges apples plums peachs an carrots an this ole girl says " oh you eat nice an healthy " birds i said she looked puzzled" parrots" i said but i dont she got it bless her!!
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

When Janey was little, I decided I wanted to train her to do basketball hoops. I didn't know where to get wiffle balls from, so I went to my local golf shop and asked for a training golf ball (the one with all of the holes in it). They thought me very strage buying this for a parrot and declared it was the only one they had ever sold for that purpose! Unfortunately, it didn't work out as a toy. She shredded it in no time and I was worried she may have been swallowing the pieces so out of the pack of 4 that I bought, only one ever got used! We now have a good supply of wiffle balls that I have removed the bell from because Janey hates toys with bells in them!

Ellie.
Janet

Post by Janet »

My local fruit and veg man thinks I am strange for buying the most expensive fruit for my birds. He must have felt sorry for me in the end because he gave me a tray of pomegranates!! My birds were very happy.