I have now split up my babies

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Jade

I have now split up my babies

Post by Jade »

I have now split up my handreared babies, Chuckles and Sunny. They are each in their own separate aviaries and Sunny has a new partner. The funny thing is that now they are just so much more settled. When I go into Chuckles' cage, he sticks his head up and his wings up and does the baby begging for food thing again. He hasn't done that since I finished with the hand feeding! It means I can now tickle him around the head and kiss his little beak and he is so much more loving. When he seems me walk in the yard, he whistles and uses his full knowledge of words to get my attention. Sunny is good too, he just doesn't really like Cher, the new IRN. Cher has never been hand raised and is a loony. Flaps around like your trying to kill her. Sunny just sits there and watches and then climbs up onto my shoulder and snuggles in. I think maybe I should have split them a bit earlier! Much nicer birdies now. No more attacking me. They are nearly 1.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Splitting ringnecks up can be a great thing as they tend to bond to one another, thereby having little need for you. Sounds like things are working out great!

Welcome to the board and feel free to post often. We love learning through others progress. We also LOVE pics. Snap a few and I will walk you through posting them. It can be rather difficult the first time because it is so easy people tend to make it harder than it is.

Go to www.photobucket.com and set up an free account. The image can not come from your hard drive so it must be on a site such as I just mentioned. Then, you can post very easily.

Let me know when I can help you! There is a post I created tittled "how to post pics in text box'. I'll get the post for you when you're ready! Assuming you have any difficulty.
Jade

Post by Jade »

My only problem with this is that I don't own a digital camera!! I don't even have a scanner or anything!! It's on my list of purchases. In fact, I read this site and post articles and responses while I'm at work!! Its great stress relief when client's have been hounding me all day!! I'd love to be able to put pictures of my babies in...maybe Santa will be kind to me. LOL
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Im sure you know this but in case, if you get a digital camera you dont need a scanner. :wink:

They are SO great. Santa brought me mine a couple of years ago. You can snap pics until your fingers are sore and never run out of film cuz there isnt any :lol: You can also see when a pic turned out bad and reshoot. They are so awesome, best invention since the cell phone. For my job, I am either taking pics or have a cell phone to my ear. Hope the cancer thing is a hoax :shock:

I work in real estate (wealth management), a former criminal defense attorney that now does wealth managment so my camera is priceless. I basically use my law degree for contractual purposes, my real estate license so my clients dont have to pay a broker and I just show rich people what to buy as a great investment and an awesome tax right off. Believe it or not, for tax reasons, very well-off individuals actually seek out a failing business so they show less net worth. They have more money than that have sense so thats where I step in.
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Post by Melika »

Unless they have success in turning businesses around they would just be sinking thier money into quicksand. I know some very well off people who just aren't good businessmen/women. At all. Can't even hire a decent manager to keep their business going. :?

So back on topic, lol:

Hane and Tsume became much more attached after we separated them, which was very early- before they were completely weaned. They were beginning to become attached to one another. it has worked out well for us, though Hane and Tsume don't get along so well as they do with their people. 0_o
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Jade

Post by Jade »

I do famliy law matters. I can't justify buying a digital camera as a tax deduction!!!