Get her off the computer!

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Get her off the computer!

Post by Lauren »

Yoda thinks I spend too much time on the computer. Here is the best ways to get her attention .. throw everything in the bath bucket, toys and food, wiffle balls are best, swish it all around so they get a good soaking, then throw each one as far as you can to mummy on the computer. If that doesn't work, fly to the keyboard and press the keys until whatever shes doing closes or crashes. Now everytime she gets onto the computer, beat her to it, don't let her type, just press all the keys and that thing they call a mouse? Push it off the table! Yodas Tip: standing on the 'log off' key works best. :twisted:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Melika

Post by Melika »

:twisted: Hane says, "My mom won't let me talk to Yoda... She says I might learn something bad."
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: He'll read it when your not watching.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

:shock: :lol: :roll:
-Chamon-

rocketsmummy

Post by rocketsmummy »

orrrrrrrrrr do a great big poo on the keys! grrr i had to scrap that out this morn.lol
laine

Post by laine »

Smokey does all that but his favorite is to sit on the enter key. That way the page moves at the speed of lightening and I can't do anything. He loves to run over the keys, especially when I am trying to type an email. It ends up looking like some alien language :lol: . If I am writing to my Mum, I don't edit it and then she knows Smokey was trying to 'help'. Smokey also likes to throw the mouse off the table, poo on the keys and his latest game is to chase the cursor on the screen. Now that is funny.
leo

yea

Post by leo »

ya, i think tango get the same trick as louren's birdy, he just stand on the keboard whenever i wana do my work...if i persist, he will pluck out one of the key, then put it on my palm, or table and then get back to the keyboard, showing face like saying' u wan some more? '...

i cant have him around when the laptop is on...hehe...can never deny, they are smart...
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
skibum

Post by skibum »

just found this thread - Ziggy loves pc and laptop too. Had to spend an hour repairing the keys on the laptop (I know how they work now) after he had pulled them off and dismantled the spring mechanisms and so on.
And yes, loves to crap on the keyboard!!! :lol:
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

lol and we say we love them lol
Amazon has decided if standing on the keys dont work he pulls the plug out if that doesnt work he drags food over the keys which makes them sticky which means i have to stop to clean it while im cleaning it he will attack the rag im using and if another bird is on teh screen omg i get in big trouble he yells and tries to attack it until it goes.

LIttle monkeys we all have
Sharlene and Amazon
greeny

Post by greeny »

Yes this is a ringneck habit. Tajj wants anything with keys: calculators, remotes, phones and especially the computer. Sometimes if I leave the room and he is in there with the computer I will find all kinds of stuff on the screen from where he was stepping on the keys or pulling with his beak. Some of the stuff on the computer is amazing - I have no idea how it got on the screen. Couldn't do it myself.

I joke Tajj that he wanted to be an engineer but couldn't afford to go to college.
Raja's_mom

Post by Raja's_mom »

My bird pooped on my computer one day and it was such a big poop that
half the keys wouldn't work any more this was my brand new Laptop she did this too thank goodness they didn't relize what it was at the repair shop thought it was just really dirty and fixed it under the warrenty
they gave me a little note on how to keep my computer clean LOL if they only knew.