Movie Equals Time To Practice Talking

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

laine

Movie Equals Time To Practice Talking

Post by laine »

I am laughing about this and it is kind of cute, but Smokey now has a new equation. Mum watches movie = time to practice my talking (In her face!!!)
On Sunday afternoon I settled down with a good movie, a drink and some peanuts. Well of course this was Smokey's cue. He joined me. The movie started and all was great, we shared peanuts and drink while watching the movie, however, 15 minutes into the movie he decides that now is a good time to show me how his vocabulary is coming along. He was originally sitting either on the arm of the couch or on my shoulder and decides to move to my chest so he can look me straight in the eyes (covering up the tv as well !!). Wacha doin - and you can guess the rest. Then he just kept going. It was funny whilst a bit annoying.
This wasn't the end of it, last night we settled down after dinner to watch a movie and - yep you guessed it - along comes Smokey and his big big big voice. He talked the whole way through. I didn't even have any food or drink to share. He just decided that as I seemed to be quiet, now is a good time for me to hear him chatter. Think I will have to write out some manners rules for him :lol:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Silly Smokey! Always the way.. when you want them to talk.. they don't, when you don't want them to make a noise.. they make the whole neighbourhood know everything thats on their minds!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

:roll: .. lol .. but how cute ! little annoyances they are. Jordy loves to play with my toes, while I am trying to watch tv. I love bare feet, but lately when he is out with us I have to cover them up, coz he just seems to think those red painted toes look so sexy, breeding season, sheesh!
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Ohana

Post by Ohana »

How adorable.... Well Mojito is still settling in, but while we are not in the quarantine room with her she will be chattering up a storm.

She is already asking what cha doin? wolf whistling, whining like the dog and many other things.

I think it is great that Smokey is taking such and interest in disturbing your movie time. LOL
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

I have no doubt that your Smokey knows exactly what he is doing .. lol

It's like a child when mumma gets on the phone, your attention is not on them and they have a radar that tells them so .. time to get the attention back onto them. :wink:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless