the fids meet eachother

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

ambros1a

the fids meet eachother

Post by ambros1a »

well, try as we may, these 2 simply WANT to meet and be together.
archimedes loves to sit on the ladder from babys cage to the couch, right beside the bars, and baby will either sit in her cage near him, then running around tryna get his attention, come back, repeat lol. Funny thing is, baby comes up to arc and all he does is squeaks and closes his eyes ( i play that game with baby called blinks, i do it, she does it, now arc does too, back at me, but baby doesnt do it back to him yet lol. its too cute.
We had arch on the back of my mans chair today, baby slowly made her way over, made it up to him, heres is a sample of the result lol

things were going nicely, till baby decided to start tryna bite arc's feet lil bitch! didntwanna stop, even being pushed off the ladder almost, shed go right back, thats when play time was over and back to their respective cages for some fruit and lunch. (i sprouted some birdseed outside, thats what theyre sharing) lol
Bird crazy

That's sweet

Post by Bird crazy »

Would never have known they tried to get at the feet unless you mentioned it, the video has them looking like old pals.

Here's hoping they bond and get along famously.

My two fight over toys, perches, food, me etc etc but are still able to share a common cage to sleep as long as Nila doesn't get too close for too long. Priya willl allow a little preening at bed time and then she chases him off. She routinly runs him off the top of the cage or playstand and I put ropes to the floor so he can get back up. It's been working so far.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

yea, they seem to be getting along for the most part right now.
as i type arc is in babys palace of a cage, coz thats where HE wants to be, he comes outta his cage, and flies to her in it, last time she landed spot on the spiral rope in front of the door.
occasionally baby will go for a toe bite, but as long as arc is in the cage with her (being her cage, in case of territorial probs) they are both thoroughly supervised. hes on her sleeping perch, she mustnt be too pissed, shes been showing off, going from perch to perch, and now shes having a feed, while hes still on the perch stretching.
theyre cute to watch lol but ONLY if supervised the whole time but im hoping ur right, and this will be the start of a long'n'beautiful friendship between our fids just dont fully trust her right now lol moody lil wench she can be, but they simply want to be together

OPINIONS PLEASE : SHOULD WE TRY A NIGHT TOGETHER OR LEAVE IT A BIT LONGER? remembering we got arc on the 23rd of dec, and its only been the last 2 days theyve spent time together wholly supervised by us both
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

lol check this out i look over an see this :

makes me wonder if they could spend a night together, i got this vid too lol

sorry about quality, i got a convertor to test out lol should be ok, i hope, but remember this is off my crappy moblie phone lol you prolly cant see it, but hes blinkin at me b4 he tucks his head around, opens his eyes, looks at me, closes his eyes, peekin to see if im lookin lol cute lil thing he is
Bird crazy

too cute

Post by Bird crazy »

They really are cute. Seems like they will do ok. Once they settle down for the night they shouldn't fight as long as you supervise them before they go to sleep and depends on how early you get up. If you're generally up before the fids I'd say try it, but if not they may have a go at it before you get up.

Ain't this fun mommy? Trying to decide what's the best. It always unnerves me until I'm sure nothing bad has or will happen. :oops:
Sue
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Oooooo...LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic

Dani
ambros1a

UHMM WTF IS SHE/HE? DOING

Post by ambros1a »

lol uhh we brought the babies out for playtime today and you wouldnt believe what they started doing lol

lol theres 2 others as well i wont do the full links but theyre pretty much the same

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k36/a ... 6_1324.flv
http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k36/a ... 6_1325.flv

so, my question is, as strange as it is, should this be encouraged as a sign of bonding that baby is willing to share 'her/his' food, or should we (somehow) try to put a stop to it? lol HELP PLZ

p.s sry about camera shakin i was tryin so hard not to laugh!
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

That looks either like 'boy' behaviour...or feeding...

Dani
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

that was kinda my impression too, like the male feeding the female in the nestbox, but we were wondering if it was maybe a mothering instinct kickin in feeding this little baby, my dad thinks mebbe he wasnt fully weaned or something, but hes eating everything in sight, he dont need to be regurgitated to as well!!
Bird crazy

How old is Loki?

Post by Bird crazy »

That little dance Loki is doing is just too cute.
Looks just like Nila (male) when he dances around Priya except he opens his wings at the shoulder and keeps the tips against his body making himself look bigger across the chest area. Talk about strutting his stuff, that's what it looks like to me, that Loki is a male.

How old is he?
Sue
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

well when we got him we were told he was about 9 months, but we cant be sure shes told us the correct ages on either of our fids, which would make loki approx 1 year (or older thinkin mebbe a years + when brought home back in august) and said that archimedes was 8 weeks, my bf thinks he was about 3months maybe.. we got him on dec 23
Bird crazy

Could it be a she

Post by Bird crazy »

Is Loki then old enough to respond the a baby bird as a mother would and want to feed it?

So maybe Loki is a girl and trying out her mother behavior. Since I have never seen that I could be all wrong about it being boy behavior. :roll:
Sue
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

lmao, honestly - nadda freakin clue
birds, i got no idea about gimme a kitten and ask what it wants, i can tell u, lol puppies, ditto birds confuzzle the heck outta me lol

any other opinions folks?
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

With the baby budgies making noise, it seems that several of the adults (not related to the babies) are busy feeding each other. I also have a friend with an African Grey who tries to feed her (bird tries to feed human) from time to time, so nothing would surprise me!
MCS
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Your albino is a boy... hope you want babies! :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Thats what I keep telling her Mik...Loki is a boy just as I am sure my Prin is a boy

Dani