Pete & my kids...

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

PETE's Mommy & Daddy

Pete & my kids...

Post by PETE's Mommy & Daddy »

I took Pete to school today and the kids can't get enough of him. I was a little bit worried that he might get stressed out 'coz of the screaming and running around the classroom, plus the unendless petting, but it turned out to be great! Pete LOVED the kids and was so calm the whole time...ate everything the kids fed him...crackers, raisins, carrots, banana, & pretzel...ahhh, junk food! He got so full and actually "passed out" in the next 10 minutes while everyone is singing "Going to a Bearhunt", he actually got upset when i finally wake him up so that we can get the hell outta there. I might bring him back next week...my husband doesn't like it when I bring Pete to school...he worries too much...what if somebody plucks his tail, what if they feed him chocolate, what if they "accidentally" step on him. I understand the worries and the paranoia, but Pete's a papa's boy!!! Of course i'll keep an eye on that bird! Anyways, my husband and i had a compromise that if everything turned out A-OK today, then i can bring him back once in a while!!! Ohhhh, i can't wait to tell him the good news.

ASHBURNE :D
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

So educational to the babies and soooo healthy for the bird.

You rock. Very proud of you. I take Baby to the rest homes and it makes those peoples week. These creatures do so little to impact us so much. They truly are majestic creatures.
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Very cool! I want to take Aggie (once I get her tamed down...) out and about...dunno where...maybe to a school so kinds can see a real macaw up close...

Dani
PETE's Mommy & Daddy

You can take her to my class!!! i bet there would be an amazed silence for a minute from the kids with eyes and mouths wide open!

ASHBURNE :D
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Is Ashburne your first name, hun?

Mind 'Ash' :?:
~ Mikaela Sky

PETE's Mommy & Daddy

Ash is fine... :D
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

I would love to do that...and since we live so close maybe I could get the chance to once I trust her to do so...

Dani
kosejentan

Post by kosejentan »

Can you bring birds to the school? :shock: I work as a teacher and I could only dream about bringing one of my birds. Allergic kids and all that stuff... So nice to read that it turned out well! :D
Pamela with 2 budgies, 2 tiels and a baby Indian Ringneck named Jia