Weird Birdie-Bedtime Stories

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

lpmurdock831

Weird Birdie-Bedtime Stories

Post by lpmurdock831 »

Ever since an overnight stay at the vet for some X-rays to try to deal with a breathing issue (which turned out to be food-related), Snow now sleeps hanging off of the vertical sides of his parrot-palace. It looks totally uncomfortable to me, and I wonder how he manages to stay up there all night... but he doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

It reminds me of another bird I had once - a budgie - who came to us via a cousin when their family-life changed. We soon found out that, in nearly every sense of the word, Oscarette (not my naming) was a vampire. She loved coming out of her cage, but heaven help you if you tried to put her back - she believed her sole purpose in life was to draw blood. She would routinely sharpen her beak to a razor-point whenever she was in her cage, and when the lights went out she would climb to the roof of her flat-topped cage, flip upside-down and hang like a bat by three toes until morning.

Does anyone else have birds with weird sleeping habits?
AJPeter

Re: Weird Birdie-Bedtime Stories

Post by AJPeter »

I smiled at your vampire bat's antics, when my bird sleeps so do l but there was a time last year when her favourite perch collapsed and she had to hang on the bars all night, now she has laid two eggs she sits on them on the cage floor.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay sleeps as close to his food as possible, you never know when night starvation might creep up on you.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie has a chinchilla nesting box, she is too big to fit into the enrtrance of an IRN nesting box, but she seems happy with the large openning. In Billie the wonder parrot 3 l explained that Billie had laid another egg.