A perfect & impossible escape

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Greenpitbul1113

A perfect & impossible escape

Post by Greenpitbul1113 »

Yesterday morning we had an unexpected & bold visitor. A wild green ringneck was flirting with miss Coukou, came even to the veranda of the apartment near her cage and flew inside the open door. When I woke up I found the unexpected visitor at the floor of the dining room and it was terrified. I caught the frightened bird that was bitting me and place it inside the cage while I removed almost simustaneously Coukou and let her temporarily inside the bathroom. The frightened wild ringneck was moving intensely inside the cage breathing hard. I decided to put Coukou inside the cage and it was a wise decision because the birds started becoming friends. My bold visitor calm down while receiving Coukou's caress and kisses positively and seemed that they will become good friends. All day they were together although the new friend was shy, rarely eating and seemed somehow depressed when Coukou didn't played it. It seemed to me younger than my 1 and 3 months Coukou although thicker in the body. On the other hand Coukou behaved somehow like a spoiled child by hindering the bird to drink water or taste the food inside the cage. During afternoon, I removed Coukou from the cage so as to let the new friend having the cage at its disposal and went inside the apartment leaving the new and unexpected friend alone in the cage. One hour later the bird had disappeared from the cage by removing a wooden and heavy barrier from the bottom of the cage so little as to free its body & fly away. For another time I was surprised by such a behavior. A perfect and impossible escape
Coukou's mate
Donovan

Re: A perfect & impossible escape

Post by Donovan »

cool story..
don't capture the wild one next time.. just give him space to come and go as he chooses.
MissK

Post by MissK »

Thanks for telling this story.
-MissK
Greenpitbul1113

Post by Greenpitbul1113 »

I wanted this new and unexpected bird to become with the time accustomed to the new situation. Although it was captive I thought that by the time and with the coexistence to Coukou to adopt and become domesticated but as Donovan said wisely it is better to give them room to decide what they want as they have similarities with humans in terms of sentiment
Coukou's mate
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Just a word of caution, the wild bird could be incubating an infection, so it is usually a good idea to quarantine any wild birds we rescue. As for caging it, I agree with what has been said here,