Pippin had a breakthrough!!!!

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Kislanya

Pippin had a breakthrough!!!!

Post by Kislanya »

so in another post ( http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... =7&t=18981 ) i introduced my fids Pippin and Einstien.

Well Pippin had me bawling today,in a good way.All of a sudden she has decided im not all that bad(only been 2 years)she is activly seeking me out flys near to where i am and TALKS!!! out of the blue she has started saying come ere and what doin ( im sure she learned from Ally lol)

and today 3 times she actually came over to me and took treats from my hand!!! this is a HUGE step for her,i know i may never be able to handle her but,i dont care i love her so much and i never expected her to ever show me any love back,talking to me and taking a treat is like her giving me a huge hug most of all it shows me she is healing from her past and learning how to trust again.

just wanted to share this as i see alot of people giving up or getting frustrated with an untame irn, patience and understanding with love will win every time.

and oddly enough she is bar far the best trained fid i have,she will fly to the room i am in when i call her and when i say go to bed...she goes into her cage all by herself :D im so proud of my girl
eckythump

Re: Pippin had a breakthrough!!!!

Post by eckythump »

Kislanya wrote:so in another post ( http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... =7&t=18981 ) i introduced my fids Pippin and Einstien.

Well Pippin had me bawling today,in a good way.All of a sudden she has decided im not all that bad(only been 2 years)she is activly seeking me out flys near to where i am and TALKS!!! out of the blue she has started saying come ere and what doin ( im sure she learned from Ally lol)

and today 3 times she actually came over to me and took treats from my hand!!! this is a HUGE step for her,i know i may never be able to handle her but,i dont care i love her so much and i never expected her to ever show me any love back,talking to me and taking a treat is like her giving me a huge hug most of all it shows me she is healing from her past and learning how to trust again.

just wanted to share this as i see alot of people giving up or getting frustrated with an untame irn, patience and understanding with love will win every time.

excellent story..... u may find that pippin might copy ur other bird as my bird did,, my irn never used to come near me when out of her cage then i bought a 2cnd irn thats a little older and i would say fairly tame just over a week ago, now my pennie does a lot of copying from blue, its been a marvelous week :) i hope u get 1 too :)
and oddly enough she is bar far the best trained fid i have,she will fly to the room i am in when i call her and when i say go to bed...she goes into her cage all by herself :D im so proud of my girl
MissK

Post by MissK »

YAAAAY!

Congratulations!
-MissK
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Thank you Kislanya for sharing this, l think it wonderful when you buy loved one a new toy and they actually play with it!