new addition should be coming home soon

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

bobbisox41

new addition should be coming home soon

Post by bobbisox41 »

Hi all......................just a short note to keep you updated on the new baby I am getting.........he is still being hand fed but not taking as much as he was.....girl at shop told me he is starting to eat some of the foods they have in the dishes in cage..................he is all over the cage when he sees me coming in and he has learned to perch when I put my hand in to get him out......................they told me at shop, I could have him as early as maybe easter..............I am just thrilled....it has been so quiet here since kiwi died 2 weeks ago.......this little fellow is just what i need to cheer me...as soon a s i get him situated I will take some pics of him and you will have to let me know how I go about posting them for you to see......have a great day and I will keep you posted on the homecoming
natalie

fantastic news

Post by natalie »

That is gr8 news. Im chuffed to bits for you. How exciting .Roll on easter. And its gr8 news that baby is feeding so well. Nice strong baby,yeah. I just hope you got your camera all ready so you can post us lots and lots of pics once baby has settled in . Had you decide a name yet or have you let your school children decide, you'll have to let us no how you went about deciding anyway . [ please dont judge me on my poor grammer, spelling and punctuation miss, :lol: ] Anyway can feel u brimming with excitment from all the way over here hun :wink: :wink:
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Hey Barbara,
So happy to hear you're going to be getting the new baby possibly sooner than you thought. Yippee! I can't wait to see pictures. How fun and exciting it must be to think of bringing him/her home. I don't know how you stand it. I can't wait to hear more when you bring him/her home and have more to share with us. Sounds like it's going to be a very tame baby too. That's awesome. Good for you. I'm so happy you decided to get this little one. Take care and keep us posted.

Hugs,
Jen
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Thats just great. I'm so excited for youu too. It's great you visit him lots before you get him. Makes things so much easier. Cant wait for pics!
bobbisox41

Post by bobbisox41 »

good morning all...................I just love visiting with all of you.........baby is doing well....he is starting to climb to the top of the cage and spread his wings....yippeee :D .....and yesterday when I visited him he did something so sweet it melted my heart........I was holding him close to my chest and he stretched his little head and neck to reach my mouth and started to nibble......I am taking that as birdy kisses.......he still has the name jelly bean on his cage but i was online the other night looking at bird names, came across this one, ARTOO (means cute & little).....have quite a few written down but now I am very confused.....I guess I will just have to wait to see what kind of personality he develops....girl at store says everyone there loves the name jelly bean and he does resemble a jelly bean somewhat :lol: ...........I am really excited to get him home, the time can't go fast enough....well will visit more with you with up dates......

natalie, please don't worry about your grammar...your great ....take care all and enjoy......hugs Barbara

P.s. I don't know idf i told you in last message, my daughter came down to see my new little baby and she bought a bird (cocketiel)....she just moved into her own apartment and is alone ...so she is excited now that she has someone to watch tv with and talk to..........
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Hey Barbara,
I'm so happy to read each of your posts now. It's so heartening to read the happiness and excitement. You broke my heart with your first post and now your heart isn't as sad as before. Jelly Bean is going to be so good for you. I'm so jealous of you. You get to see him when he's tiny and form that very special bond. So by the time you bring him home he should be so tame and bonded with you. That will be so much fun. I love that he gave you kisses. Aren't they the best? I just love my babies so much. And I think only other bird people would understand our love for them. None of my friends get it. Sometimes I just want to hug them so tight cuz I'm just overwhelmed with love for them. But it is hard to hug a bird. Esp. a tiel. But I just hold my little Milo up to my face and put my other hand over his body. That's our way of hugging. Anyway, I'm so happy for u. And can't wait to read more as time goes on. What color tiel did your daughter get? And what did she name him/her? Take care.
Hugs,
Jen
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

She is addicted to the board already lol

High 5's everyone.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

High 5 here...hehehe once you start you can't stop! It's so bad...I just realized I peaked over 400 posts already and almost to 500 :shock: :oops: well that's what happens when you get addicted

Dani and Prinny
bobbisox41

Post by bobbisox41 »

thanks for your post. jen 5239........you are so right about these little babies overwhelming us with love and this little one has done just that...yes.I am glad to get him at such a young age....I also got Kiwi when he was very young...I know it was fate that I went to the shop the day I did ....my friend at the shop is going to sex the baby, so I should be able to tell you whether jelly bean is a boy or a girl. :D ...she said it should take about a week...............to your other question, the teil my daughter bought is a pied...a real cutie////she has named it GEVALIA...like the coffee... :lol: .lol.....it was instant love for my daughter and for gevalia, they fell for one another right away..... she really had no intentions of getting a bird ....she came to see my baby and fell in love with gevalia.......her baby is 13 weeks and should be able to come home maybe next week....she was there visiting with her baby tonight....while visiting jelly bean tonight , I saw that his perch now has been raised and they have all sorts of different seed mixtures in dishes in cage.....he is still eating more then his other siblings when they hand feed him.... he is definitly the runt....the other 2 green IRN's are still available and I get such a twinge when I see them, I do hope someone comes in soon to buy and give them a good home.......well it is late and time for me to go to bed....will talk again soon.......and you are right only people who own birds can understand the feeling when they nibble on your face or ear or they start to preen you....I don't expect any of my friends to understand either, look at the dumb remarks I got from some of them on my loss of Kiwi.....I just keep thinking how sad for them......
take care all and good night.......... :wink: ......hugs Barbara

Oh....p.s.....husband and I went to dinner tonight at chinese resturant....and they give you the fortune cookie at end ....on that little piece of paper with the fortune they give you a word and how it is pronounced in chinese....well :lol: ....my word was DOU-YA...translation...BEAN SPROUT....well we both got a good chuckle.... my husband suggested naming the baby DOU-YA...... :lol:
natalie

Dou ya

Post by natalie »

Barbara i love that Dou Ya as a name , its such a sweet little name, also love jelly bean, they bith great names. It sounds like it wont be long b4 ur new baby arrives home. Im so excited for you. I am dreadfull for things like this, im more of a 'WANT IT NOW' type girl, :lol: i wouldnt be able to sleep properly or possibly eat !! like a kid befor christmas .Thanks for keeping us all updated anyway , i cant wait for your 1st post to say your baby is home. natalie xx :)
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Hehehe now you know we are expecting pics right? I am so excited and happy for you! Getting a new baby...the wait is killer man! Congrats and post them pics asap!

Dani and Prinny