My worst day i dreaded the worst

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Our baby

My worst day i dreaded the worst

Post by Our baby »

It was a lovely sunday drive home after dropping my wife at here sisters to help with a birthday were ever i go i like to take our baby with us once in the car he just raves on comes out with all these different words sitting at the lights waiting for them to change i look in my mirror i see this car going very fast getting closer i just was not fast enough moving out the way skid then the bang f_ _ k a few seconds as it seemed like someone banging on my window you ok im calling my ollie,ollie,ollie, were are you he was on the floor going crazy i picked him up you ok baby you ok jumped out of the car with him the person said im so sorry you would be if my baby was not im so sorry he keep saying my main concern was my ollie the car can be replaced not our baby im so glad he was not in the bird cage on the back seat as the bird cage is all bent all day sunday an Monday i could not get a word or pig abo out off him he was in shock i could see the fear in his eyes this is the 3rd day since it happen he is starting to talk an whistle but he will not leave my side he will not go for a walk of a fly around the house im just so glad he is ok
My baby
ellieelectrons

Re: My worst day i dreaded the worst

Post by ellieelectrons »

Sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad you are both okay. You may want to get your bird checked out by an avian vet.

On another note, can I ask that you try to put punctuation in your posts (full stops are probably enough). Without it, they are really hard to read.

Ellie.
Our baby

Post by Our baby »

Have him booked in for wensday
My baby
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Years ago, when out walking her dog, my daughter picked up a jackdaw which had been winged by a bullet, she wrapped him in her jacket and brought him home. He must have been shocked as he did not struggle at all. I cleaned the grazed wing with veterinary savlon, then I dissolved a crushed Arnica tablet (Homeopathic) in a teaspoonful of water and gently droppered it into his beak. Then I took him outside and placed him in a safe area beneath a shrub, he lay there for about half an hour, then recovered and flew away.
ranechild

Post by ranechild »

Where did I read this.... I don't know but I believed it... Bird can suffer shock in a similar way to humans. Human shock treatment involves lying with feet above the heart and covered in blankets for warmth. Turn on the side for shock related vomitting.

I read that a bird that has flown into a window or had other percussive trauma should be kept warm. I guess the whole feet above your head thing doesn't apply to their anatomy--they probably wouldn't have any blood pressure issues based on their size. Cuddling, toweling, swaddling a bird after a blow until they get their wits back about them (and inevitably try to wriggle away) sounds like a logical thing to do.

God, now I'm horrified. Taking the birds on a long car trip this weekend.
Our baby

Post by Our baby »

G'day it has been 2 weeks now since the car accident it has been a few stressful weeks for i an my baby i didnt think he would talk again ive spent every minute I've had spare with him he started saying a few words on Thursday nite :) i am so happy again today i took him to the shops with me he decided to try his luck that spit second he could fly he scared the **** out of me a ran after him caught him held on to him to i got home
My baby
Harrysmums

Post by Harrysmums »

Our baby wrote:G'day it has been 2 weeks now since the car accident it has been a few stressful weeks for i an my baby i didnt think he would talk again ive spent every minute I've had spare with him he started saying a few words on Thursday nite :) i am so happy again today i took him to the shops with me he decided to try his luck that spit second he could fly he scared the **** out of me a ran after him caught him held on to him to i got home

How's your ill one now?