Sushi & Boombox (siblings) are starting to talk at 7 mos.

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

salsapicante

Sushi & Boombox (siblings) are starting to talk at 7 mos.

Post by salsapicante »

Hi everyone. I am so excited to share that my babies have now started talking. We have very clear cat calls, and I think Boombox is talking a lot more than sushi, but It's always when you're not directly in the room with them but around the corner, so I'm not sure who is doing the talking all of the time. They are in separate cages but the same room. So far, this is what we can clearly discern from his talking; Hi, Hi Baby, What are you doing?. He says "what are you doing" the clearest. I think he's trying to say "Wanna go to bed?" but it's not clear. I just love them to pieces they have brought great joy into my household. Our Jenday Conure has really warmed up to them and it's like a family now. Very little pecking order disagreements when they are all out. The Jenday is much older, trained, tame and sneaky lol.

They talk the most in the very early AM while we are all getting ready for school and work. I work from home, so I'm here all day (albeit down the hallway in an office) -which is nice for them and me :D

Just love them so very much!!
ChiMoAlexia

Re: Sushi & Boombox (siblings) are starting to talk at 7 mos

Post by ChiMoAlexia »

What smart babies! I know you must be happy!!! And since they're talking so early, that must mean that they're happy and comfortable. Don't they just have the sweetest voices? I've also figured out that they tend to talk more the warmer they are (remember, they come from tropical climates).
My Bloodwing is jumpy and joyful whenever its morning and warm. And he knows that talking warrants him a treat too! Congratulations to Sushi and BoomBox!
pards007

Post by pards007 »

I'm sssoooo jelly.
hulkie123

Post by hulkie123 »

I wish I could get my bird to say that unfortunately my dad is home with them during the day and all he has taught one of them to say is "bullshit" "so sorry" "naughty boy" "baby chickens a naughty boy" and "scratch" and the others that aren't talking yet are starting to slowly pick it up!