Diary of an Indian Ringneck

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Donovan

Diary of an Indian Ringneck

Post by Donovan »

From Bell's perspective:

"Today I was once again awakened by that dreadful screaming sound. As always it was accompanied by the miserable groans of my captor as he begins to wake up. Then, I hear his feet hit the floor. Each day I wonder what will be done with me. Will I be kept isolated in this tiny prison cell, forced to watch cartoons all day in solitude, or will I be sent to the large prison cell outside where I am convinced some terrible creature will eventually find its way into the cage and kill me?

"I sit and wait, my anxiety building. I think I will walk around upside down in my cell to signal which of the options I prefer, though certainly my pleas will be ignored. I can hear movement, but I still can't see anything. I'll keep walking around upside down until I am uncovered.

"Finally, he uncovers me. I know now that he intends to send me outside to the large cage. I'm so sleepy. Out we go. A moment ago I could see, but out here it is dark still and a little cold. I have no doubt that this torture is for the twisted amusement of my captor.

"All day I watch as free birds come and go as they please. They mock me with their cries of freedom. Something across the yard is apparently delicious as many of them congregate at it each day. My captor has masterminded this to ensure that I know I am not free. He means to break my will. I'll show him though. Tonight, I shall poop on his shoulder in a show of defiance, and then turn off his computer monitor while he's doing something, then after he turns it back on I will walk across the keys and cause things to happen that he can't figure out how to undo. I suspect he will give me a peanut once I show him how smart and useful I really am.

"The day is nearly done. This is so boring and miserable out here alone. My captor is bringing me back into the house where I will be fed God knows what. The captor will of course eat something different. I am certain he means to poison me slowly over time. I think I will attempt to steal -his- food instead of eating mine. However, I will forgo the theft if my own feeding consists of apples or corn.

" Apparently it's not time to eat though. The captor is offering me peanuts. He keeps throwing a little ball onto the floor and making me retrieve it for him to get a peanut. I know he has several. Why can't he just -keep- the ball and dump the whole load of peanuts out for me to have all at once? It would save us both alot of trouble. The level of humiliation I am being subjected to is becoming unreasonable. But I'll play along because I have to eat. I have to survive. This might be the day he doesn't feed me. Plus I didn't eat any of that awful stuff he left for me in the big cage. So I will get the ball for him.. bring it to him.. and sadly watch him throw it away as though I have done something wrong.

"He just asked me if I want my supper. Why does he ask stupid questions like this knowing I did not eat the sad excuse for food he left me during the day?"

later

"I have finally been fed. I thought he'd never get around to it. He knows he is torturing me making me wait, and I did in fact poop on his shoulder. He will discover it soon and I will have the pleasure of watching him change, knowing that it's because of me. I threw most of the food onto the floor and chose only the things I know he didn't poison. By throwing the suspicious food on the floor he will believe I have eaten it and therefore will be satisfied that his demented plan is working out. Now I'll ignore him and sit around scratching my back for an hour acting like everything is normal.

"It's getting late. The captor has turned the lights out. Now that he can't see me I think I can escape. So I will fly around in the dark hoping to find something .... something to land on. That was tiring. I give up... for today.. I will now go willingly into the small prison cell and perch for the night. The captor will pull the curtain over me until morning when I am once again awakened by that dreadful screaming sound... except.. sometimes it doesn't happen.. this just makes no sense."

------------------------------------------------------

Okay that is my bird's daily routine. Wake up dark and early. Be sent outside to the large cage while I'm at work. Then come back in when I get home.. Play fetch the ball for peanut rewards, then eat supper, and go back to bed... rinse and repeat. He does like to turn off the computer monitor while I'm in the middle of something. In fact he did it a couple of times while I was typing this up. He walks across the keyboard trying to pry up keys and causes things to happen on the computer that I didn't know was even possible.
Also I wonder what he thinks about my days off. Surely he wakes up expecting me to go to work but then I don't. Or is every day a mystery to him? Because I don't -always- put him outside. Sometimes I turn on the tv and make him stay in the little cage in the house all day. It's really subject to my whims and the weather.
Skyes_crew

Re: Diary of an Indian Ringneck

Post by Skyes_crew »

Is that truly what you think goes on in your birds mind???? That is so sad :(
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Molossus...stay out of the moonshine :mrgreen:

Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

:lol: :lol:

Pictures would be fabulous. I'd love to see Kratos grow :D

Donovan

Post by Donovan »

Skyes_crew wrote:Is that truly what you think goes on in your birds mind???? That is so sad :(

No of course not. I was just having a little fun.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay fell off his swing laughing,