Thomasina has roommates!

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

RaveTomsy

Thomasina has roommates!

Post by RaveTomsy »

As winter heating's become a bit of an issue at my house and the room they were in became unsuitable to keep them in 'til it warms up, Thomasina and I have acquired roommates: Baby Whitey and newcomer Stormy, the parakeets. Thomasina had never met them before today, plus she'd already gone to bed when they were moved in so she didn't see it happening. I uncovered both cages this morning and Thomasina immediately caught sight of them. She didn't freak out or anything, but she's been moving around her cage staring at them and trying to talk to them ever since. The 'keets keep looking at her too, though they haven't moved from their positions. It's like they're all thinking, "What in the hell is THAT?!", and it's hilarious to watch.
MissK

Re: Thomasina has roommates!

Post by MissK »

Hahaha!

When I brought home my first keet I put him right next to Rocky's cage. About three months later I got a second keet and in he went, too. Basically, Rocky is pretty interested in them and spends most of his time on that end of his cage. But when he gets too close, I think my first keet defends his own cage. I never let Rocky perch on their cage, though, for their safety, "just in case".

I think it's cool how several people are keeping keets and IRNs.

-MissK
-MissK