Our Little Escape Artist

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Taylor

Our Little Escape Artist

Post by Taylor »

I had a friend over today while my IRN Peri was out. After it was time for my Friend to leave Peri really didnt want to go back in his cage and because i was just walking down the end of the street i decided to just leave him on the curtain rod. Silly me forgot that he had previously chewed a hole in the windows fly screen. So i arrive back to him sitting on the outside window sill after he had climbed down the curtain and out of the hole in the screen and was waiting for me to return. Scared the hell out of me but when i had rushed him back ins ide I realised just how adorable it was lol :D
JamesO

Re: Our Little Escape Artist

Post by JamesO »

Haha thats just too funny and adorable!

My Quaker Chauncey Does something Similar, only i put his perch by the front window in my house.. when he sees me coming home from work, he goes completely nuts. I give him a treat and let him preen me before dinner.

Hopefully my rescued IRN Simon, Recovers and becomes part of our flock.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Haha they do the funniest things :lol: gotta love our babies Haha
MissK

Post by MissK »

If that ever happened here they would find me lying dead in the street.
-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Yeah it was definitely a scary experience but we have had all the windows patched up Haha so i still let her out to roam around :D
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

A couple of days ago I accidentally left one of the seed container doors in their cage open for 24 hours. When I discovered it, I was surprised they hadn't escaped! Maybe they're too big to fit through it

Ellie.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Haha lucky.Peri's too big to fit through hers so shes only allowed out when i let her Haha. But shes out of her cage for most of the day because she is pretty well behaved (Doesn't getinto too much mischief) :lol:
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

We always make sure our windows are closed before letting Sanjay out, I would have been stressed for days! And :shock: paranoid!.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Hahai can definitely say i armored barrel now! Have no idea what i would do ifshe flew away :shock: but she's a good birdie and hasn't attempted anything like that since! Thank goodness Haha :roll:
ChristinaMarie418

Post by ChristinaMarie418 »

ahh! that would give me a heart attack! a long time ago i had a budgie with my sister, and she had taken him with her to a friends and he got out and flew up into the trees, luckly we got him back cuz he loved us enough to fly back onto my sisters hand.
MissK

Post by MissK »

Rocky has been very good lately.

-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

My sun, who never flys off my shoulder unless told to, got startled yesterday and flew out of my garage and into a tree. I thank my lucky stars that she is trained in flight recall. It could have been a disaster. I'm still working with my IRN...slow going since her flights have only recently come in. She's scared to fly. Any tips on making her more confident in her flying?
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

MissK

Post by MissK »

Good luck and keep us posted.

-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
-MissK
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Thanks MissK, I will try the food lure and see how that goes. I have tried setting up my recall perches in front of her cage so that she could watch my conure, but I truly think she is scared. Like your rocky, she only flys when startled. I got her when she was about 10 months old and she had been clipped since she was little so I think she never learned how to fly. I will definitely keep working with her. I want to one day see her take flight and gain some freedom. Thanks again :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D